Options

Para 10 Catterick

Not been on the site for a while..in fact been out of running for a while.( 2 years) decided to try and get up to speed to take part in the Para 10 in sept.. currently doing 4 miles cross country but stepping it up from next week...looking for a bit of inspiration .. moral support ..anyone else on here looking at doing it...

Comments

• Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    well I've done my first couple of runs last week 6 milers..got a slight hamstring strain but felt good..hoping to keep it going now ..plan is to do my first bag run end of April as a tester..
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    well got three runs in this week and two weight sessions..having to jog with small steps though and steady ..cant seem to shake this hamstring niggle..but onwards and upwards , feeling confident
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    well got good runs in last week but keeping it to a steady 4 miles...only trouble is got a little niggle on my right shoulder whilst doing my weight session ... on the top not on the muscle part feels like the bone..any ideas ?? 
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    only trained twice last week... cold / flu problems and other health issues so back on it today ..45 min weight session..cardio tomorrow i hope.

• Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    2 six mile x country runs and two weight sessions..feeling good..only next week then two week holiday break to rest hopefully come back rested and no niggly injuries and pains.
  • Options
    MaxticateMaxticate ✭✭✭
    Good on you for getting back into it after a long lay off, setting yourself a goal and getting on with it. Lots of time to build up. I've returned to about 30 miles a week after almost nothing for a year. Every time iy gets hard I just remind myself how gpod it feels to be back on the horse. Good luck with the rest of the training. 
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    ohh man.been a good week this week got 5 sessions in  3 cardio 2 weights. great run on Friday 6.7 x country miles including 3 /4 decent hills in 1 hour well chuffed with that. Still got this hamstring / leg problem aches at the back of my thigh this morning anyway looking forward to my two weeks rest now so it might ease off fingers crossed.
    Thanks for that Maxticate i won't pretend it isn't hard cos it is but  must say its been worth it and i do feel a lot better in myself. hopefully come back off my hols fresh just gotta keep it going into sept for the race and then beyond.
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    well back off my hols..good training week
    monday 5 mile run
    tuesday gym session
    wednesday 6 mile run
    thursday weights upper body
    friday ..today 6.2 miles with 20lb bergen oohhhhhhh 

feeling good
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
     full week training
    monday 6 mile run
    tuesday all over body workout
    wednesday 1 mile run 30 mins hill reps 1 mile run
    thursday rest
    friday 6.5 mile jog/walk in boots 30lb bergen

Crikey i forgot how hard this is, this was my max yesterday plus i actually fell over on the way back to hq talk about embarrassing you know when you slip and go down then bounce back up as if nothings happened well that was me ,bruised shoulder this morning, plus sore feet think i need to sort my boots out .I am actually thinking can i do this or at 54 is age against me / can i get my fitness back ?
    Will give it another go next week then decide
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    got another full week in

Monday 7 mile run/jog
    Tuesday resistance training
    Wednesday 1 mile run 30 mins of hill reps (extended) 1 mile run
    Thursday weights full body workout
    Friday 6.7 miles in boots and 30lb bergen

Disappointed yesterday worked really hard at my bag run but still did the same time although i was more switched on and it did seem i won't say easier but i felt more in control of the run if that makes sense and i enjoyed it...aching this morning though..

Need to try and keep this going now if i am going to complete the race..

oh and i seem to be getting a bit of muscle lol
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    Just happy with my training week...

Monday 7 mile x country run
    Tuesday missed training (unavoidable) but treated it as a rest day although felt guilty
    Wednesday 1.5 mile jog 30 min hill reps 1.5 mile jog
    Thursday weights all over body conditioning
    Friday..bag run in boots 7 miles x country incorporating 3 decent hills 1;15

Can feel yesterdays run in my legs this morning plus a couple of my toes are a little sore might try and grease them up next time

Think i need to start pushing myself a little from next week and find a running partner for Friday. Hard to explain but doing my Friday run my mind is drifting and tend to lose focus think if i could get a running pal it would help keep me on tack
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    Phew..close call dropped a chair on my big toe yesterday thought the game was up but feels ok this morning just a bit stiff
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    overall a good week
    Monday 8 mile x country run
    Tuesday overall body conditioning 1 hour
    Wednesday 2 mile jog 30 min hill reps two mile jog
    Thursday weights
    Friday 6.5 miles jog / walk with bag and wearing boots

Knackered yesterday had to reduce my bag run from my intended 7.5 to 6.5 miles
    just didn't have it in me had to walk a couple of times for 50 metres felt exhausted was just glad to get back to the gym Really disappointed after being on a high from last week.

Felt rough this morning too so whether i had a bit of a bug i don't know.
    Wondering if to miss this weeks hill reps and just rest for Friday ???
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    decent week this week
    Monday 8 mile x country run
    Tuesday overall body conditioning with free weight
    Wednesday 1.5 mile run 30 min hill reps 1.5 mile run
    Thursday weights strength exercises
    Friday 7.3 mile jog/run in boots and 35lb bergen

Really enjoyed Fridays run..was focused and jogged the whole route except 2 mins i had for a water break but i walked that.
    Tried to relax and just enjoy the run just to get the distance in. Chuffed
    looking forward to next friday
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    Disaster week
    Monday 5 mile run
    Tuesday weights overall body conditioning
    Wednesday missed training
    Thursday Weights strength exercises
    Friday missed training
    Saturday Disaster set off with full weighted bag in boots 3 miles in pulled my hamstring....gutted had to hobble back to gym
    cold bath with 3 packs of ice

can't believe it only 5 training weeks left and this happens..i think it is only a slight strain and may heal within a week according to what it says on this site but looks like i will miss a good week training. 
    Gutted
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    Iced my leg again this morning...feeling bit better but still feel a knot  of sorts
    poss not as bad as i expected but think i gonna lose a weeks training.
    also bought some of those power-plast cooling gel plasters from poundland what a load of rubbish they are about as cold as my cuppa. 
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    poor week
    monday no training
    tuesday no training
    wednesday no training
    thursday weights
    friday 7 mile jog/walk with bag in pumps
    first 6 mile was ok but tweaked hamstring again so had to walk back the last mile
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    Iced my leg again this morning can walk ok just feel like a knot in the middle of the back of my leg. Can't believe it only 5 weeks to race day. looks like i gonna be walking round the course. fed up   :#
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    no training all week...rested my leg..had a massage on Monday which hurt and was sore for a couple of days ..
    did a 9 mile cross country walk up in the lakes on Thursday hamstring felt ok. so fingers crossed ..
    gonna do a little run on Monday see if it holds up

It's not a huge injury but it tweaks at the back of my leg and prevents running.
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    No training at all this week
    3 weeks to go starting to doubt myself 
     can i do it whats the paint should i bother?
    gonna go for steady 3/4 mile jog Monday see how it goes
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    mmmmmmm
    Monday 10 laps of running track
    Tuesday weights upper body
    Wednesday 4 mile jog
    Thursday weights
    Friday rest
    Can still feel my hamstring pulling so don't know wether to just rest up and go for it on the day???
    Feeling fed up now
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    wondering if to bother or not whats the point??
  • Options
    Gym JoeyGym Joey ✭✭✭
    jeez
    Monday 6 mile with bag in pumps
    Tuesday Weights
    Wednesday rest 
    Thursday weights
    Friday 6 mile with bag and in pumps
    don't know what to say still got a strain on my hamstring one week to go

Thinking rest up until wednesday do another 6 miler then leave it till the race