Options

Saturday 18th March 2017 - The sun rises slowly

Morning.

Lyrics - The sun rises slowly

It was indeed dark this morning because it's grey, wet and windy - not nice.

Hope the rest day has worked SC.

Enjoy parkrun anyone participating.

Hope you have a good race Dustin - you said that you were racing both days this weekend didn't you?

Enjoy the break OH.

Hope you're feeling better today Poppy and Wabo.

Blisters has been absent for a while - hope all is well.

What:                 short and easy
Why:                  Saturday's usually are
Last hard:          forecast for tomorrow
Last rest:           25/2

Yesterday's lyrics - Brand New Day by Kodaline.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: off to try and get to parkrun. Involves 2 buses so we'll see how far I actually make it!
    Why: I have to try once to see if it's possible.
    last hard: Monday though today may be
    Lyrics: nope

Have a good day all
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Hope you got there, Emz

LMH: I was wondering about Blisters also. Might drop him an email. Also Pammie has disappeared again, amongst others.

What: just 4k on the roads. Nice and slowly.

Why: warmed up for 3k and then was going to do something faster. Legs simply not interested so just jogged another k. Trying to positive spin on the run: I was sensible/another day of the streak/I have worked reasonably hard for at least 8 of the last ten weeks. 

Can't blame the weather: remarkably good!

Hope OL pops in to tell of his parkrun experience!

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sounds complicated, em. Hope you made it.

Sensible, ale.

Hope the weather tomorrow is not like today's for LMH. It's so windy that the wheelie bins are flying around.

Waiting for a calmer spell to get a a few miles in.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning again

A slow run for me today, legs were just not feeling it and I got stomach cramps about half way through. Anyway I made it there and despite losing my bus pass (I retraced me steps and managed to find it again) and missing the bus back by a minute, it was an experience I'm willing to try again. 26:46 but at least I have a good chance on improving. Setting the bar too high the first time isn't a good idea :tongue:

Chick hope you don't get blown away.
    Ale good sensible head
    Wabo how are you feeling?
    Have a good day all
  • Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Afternoon all.

Today's parkrun was very wet and very muddy, and it sounded the death knell for my trainers (which were on their way out anyway).  But fun all the same, though my breathing, alongside trying to remain upright, meant it wasn't my fastest at 24:25.

What: 8.6 miles inc. run to parkrun.
    Why: It's parkrunday.
    Current Streak: Day 456.
    Lyrics: Nope.
    Have a good day. image
  • Options
    Sounds sensible Alehouse.

I had to bin two pairs of trainers this morning Ollie - fortunately I found some new ones online for £40 a pair. What's wrong with your breathing? Sounds as though you enjoyed it anyway.

Glad you made it there and found your bus pass emzap.

Hope it quietens down for you chicksta. We are forecast gusts of 40mph tomorrow - shame as my legs were good today, might have been the new shoes:-)
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    What was the new course like, OK? I have put cross country on in there, and it was tough!

Well done  Emz ...on getting there, finding the bus pass and getting round in a decent time which you can challenge next time!  Presumably not Cannon Hill? Does anyone from the club go?

Hope you get a run in, Chick.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    LMH: Mainly asthma kicking in, I took my inhalers before I set off but still wheezing once parkrun started.

AH: It is very much a cross-country styled parkrun.  All grass and very swampy conditions at certain points in the course; not a course for road shoes.  It was flat for the most part with a few small knolls, one in particular where the course was at its slipperiest.  

It started with a small lap, then across a bridge and 3 laps of the larger field, then back over the bridge for a final small lap.  
    Have a good day. image
  • Options
    What: visit to Mhor 84 for chowder and meringue 
    Why: to work off the effects of Perth parkrun!
    26:40 not too bad considering it's the first time having pace in single figures for some time :-)
    Last rest: Thursday 
    Last hard: Monday 
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Carb loading for tomorrow, OH? Hard work being a marshal!
  • Options
    Asthma can be such a pain Ollie. Hope it's soon under control again - do you need a review with the asthma nurse?

Nice running OH.

It's been biblical here at times today, not only is it going to be windy tomorrow we may well be wading in parts, lots of localised flooding here:-(
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    OH looks good...

Getting stressed with Bristish Gas - still not sorted for Electric, so still on the pay and go meter... suddenly gone from being sorted in 48 hours and now will take 14 days...... FRUSTRATED.....

Anyway, good run at Abingdon Parkrun this morning, fastest time this year in 20:58, plus some miles

Take care
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Sensible Ale
    RFJ - I can imagine, but most of the move has gone ok though I hope?
    OH - nice
    Emz - well done, a nice marker to start with
    LmH - bargain! 
    what - Sussex Coastal Trail HalfM
    why - few pals from work entered last December and said I should run it too. Timing not great: I have road half locally tomorrow (Fleet). 
    Last Rest - 6/12
    Last Hard - today I suppose. Just over 2,300ft (700m) of climbing along the Seven Sisters/Eastbourne. Strangely it didn't seem too bad. Never really pushed it but wasn't jogging either. Unofficially 34th in 1:50, winning time was ~1:31. Not sure where I was in the old duffers category. My lunch time run buddy did 1:58 which was great (aiming for 3:45 at London), the others were just over 2h30.
  • Options
    Sounds like great training Dustin. Hope you have another good run tomorrow.

Relax RFJ! You're in the new house, you have gas, it will all be sorted just not as quickly as you'd have liked.
  • Options
    Oh I like the photo

Ollie hope asthma gets under control take care

Lmh Great deal on new shoes and just in time

Nothing from me but tomorrow is another day.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression