Options

Monday 20th March 2017 - Heaven is closer now today

Morning.

Lyrics - Heaven is closer now today

Wet and breezy here today and it's not forecast to clear. Gotta love training for a spring marathon.

What:           easy miles
Why:            don't think I could do anything else
Last hard:    I worked the second lap yesterday
Last rest:     25/2
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    what - 4-5 easy
    why - recovery
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - the weekend
    Legs not too sore this morning but very slow and easy today to aid recovery.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Have just messaged my M71 friend to say that I won't be running until this afternoon. Torrential rain has stopped play for now!

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. Last night's post failed to post so here it isVery sensible Dustin. Good work Postie. LMH hope Ashby went well
    Lyrics: Nope
    What Forest half in slow time
    Why: Episodes at parkrun yesterday so it was that or pull out
    Last hard: Settling HR to finish parkrun.
    Last Rest: Friday
    Base miles all there and no reason for spike. Staing positive, Berlin in a couple of weeks will probably benefit from today's LSR
    Today: Lyrics: Yes
    What: Something slow
    Why: Recovery run/bit jaded from Saturday
    Last Hard: Getting out of bed today
    Last Rest: Friday
    Weather gruesome and less than inspiring but....
  • Options
    Morning Never run Mondays Yesterday's lyrics "The cutter" by Echo & the Bunnymen.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

No wonder the legs are sore Dustin :)

Can't believe you 'forgot' about Silverstone, LMH :smiley:  That made my day ;)  Top performance in nasty conditions yesterday.

Interesting survey in the Telegraph. Hamburg ain't a bad place but it's suffered from general neglect I find.

What: 9 miles in torrential rain
    Why: it won't stop and I wanted to get something longish in
    Last hard: today wasn't easy
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: no

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all some great races!
    LMH awesome and you forgot you did silverstone!!
    dustin, amazing well done
    well done chick, tough run I bet!
    SC you've been busy, hope all is ok!!
    alehouse morning, and in answer of course wabo did her half! I was in pain still on Saturday and again today but painkillers kept it at bay so I was so happy to run yesterday 13.4 on the garmin, chip time 2.08.23, 6 in my age out of 33. I know I can do better but I wasn't sure I would even manage this one so that's fine
    What: 1 mile this morning on very heavy legs
    why: sunday - that was a long for me!!
    last hard: sunday really this morning didnt feel easy though
    last rest: 31/12/
    have a great day all, off to QoP later she will have fun....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Good effort Wabo. Another one done and there's always more to do!
    Off out in a mo for a slow one...no one to run with but nowhere to hide.
  • Options
    Morning

Well done LMH on race yesterday and todays run:-)

What: 7 mile treadmill run
    Why: weather
    Last hard: this morning
    Lyrics: Nope
    Last rest:18/03
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Nice one Wabo! It was never in doubt! Hope it took the pain away too!

What: 95 minutes, mainly on firm surfaces but largely off the roads.

Why: had to pick up my train tickets for LFoM, so what better way than to run to Stockport station via the firmer parts of the river bank, plus more. 16.3k run, so more than 10 miles. That is the furthest single run for a long  time. That will be that last run of any length before 31st. Didn't set off until just before noon as it had stopped raining; 20 minutes in and I was soaked. Sun now breaking through.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Good effort Ale. WP, good mental stamina 7 on the dreadmill. Managed a sedentary 5 miles outdoors once the rain had stopped :-)

• Options
    Sorry to hear that you've been having issues SC, is that likely to be because of the need to come off the meds?

Is it feeling any better Wabo? I would expect the antibiotics to have been working by now if it was an infection causing the pain.

Well done for sticking it out on the treadie Poppy.

Nice longer run Alehouse.

My memory is awful chicksta - and gets worse when my B12 jab is due! I'm never sure how I manage work or life really.

My forgetfulness worked well for me today - seems my legs have forgotten that Ashby was yesterday as I was able to enjoy a LSR in the wind and rain - which was biblical at times not to mention painful.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done today, LMH! Don't forget to taper at some point! 

Sedentary is the way to go, SC, when not in company! Take care!
  • Options
    Three more weeks of work and then I'll taper Alehouse - all being well.
  • Options
    Usual loop of Derwent Water terminated halfway at Grange (5.5 miles)
    Why: frustrated by man and elements
    Hail. Derwent Water about 2 feet higher than usual meaning much of path impassable flooded. Lodore Falls Hotel having major building work done with removal of footbridge necessitating retracing steps. Hadn't intended going to Grange but board way over marshlands at head of Derwent water under about 18" of water. Rest of path in poor state of repair. Cold wet and unable to get sustained effort to get warm.
    Cup of tea at Grange cafe before bus back  :|
    Last hard: that was
    Last rest: yesterday
    lyrics: no

If I was unfit for a marathon yesterday, can I be fit for an Ultra in 3 weeks time?
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Shame about the weather, OH! Not sure what to say about an ultra in 3 weeks! One way to celebrate retirement?! Was very tempted to get the bus back from Stockport as I spied a 42 whilst cutting back through the bus station! Glad I didn't! 
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    sorry to hear about your run being cut short OH

Good solid 6.4m at club tonight, now have new club vest and Mrs RFJ has a new club T shirt

Take care