Options

Sunday 23rd April 2016 Never could believe the things you do to me

Morning!

Lyrics: Never could believe the things you do to me

I dare say we've had these before, and I dare say that the song will be played near various finish lines today. Go well, racers!

What: short and easy

Why: Sunday's are generally fairly easy, and have just had two relatively hard days.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Morning. :)

Good luck to the racers today.
    LMH: I'd recommend Robin Hood but I'm biased as it was my first half marathon and my first marathon.  It's a nice course though there are a couple of hills to put up with.

What: 7 miles.
    Why: 7 mile sort of day.
    Current Streak: Day 492.
    Lyrics: Nope.
    Have a good day. image
  • Options
    Run well in London

What: maybe sea swim this afternoon
    Why: legs need another rest and it's been a while since I was in sea
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Good Friday
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done LMH! For some reason the tracker said you hadn't started for a long time, and then your splits started to be on the site! Enjoy the rest of the day!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    And Dustin's result up also: well done that man! Perfect timing!
  • Options
    Ale yes I was starting to get worried then it appeared for LMH

I have not seen Dustin's but sounds like you did well!!

6.5 miles for me early this morning and well to Josh on his marathon debut!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Nice results LMH and Dustin :D
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, great result for Josh Griffiths, WP: first Brit and not in the elite race! It looks like quite a lot of people struggled in the last 15k in London. Will be interested in Dustin's report on his last 15 minutes!
  • Options
    I know what a surprise  that was with Josh I know he was at my last half marathon and had knocked around 5 minutes of his time but not on an elite start It just shows if you have the talent you will be picked ...hopefully
    Yes it does look that way with the last 15k.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh fantastic!

7 km done yesterday before our drive round the country to black tie dinner and christening. Managed to succeed in surprise dinner for dad though.

Up at 3:45 tomorrow to catch a flight...

Have a great day all
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    well done LMH
    Me? Southampton marathon. 
    Bit swift to start, but halfway in 1:36:30, dropped pace slightly but still averaged 7:30-40s. 
    Started to feel it from 23, so had 3 8 min+ miles, watched beeped to 26 miles in 3:15 and still nowhere near the finish. Through the park turn a couple of corners and have less than a minute to run 200m.
    3:19:44 , a GFA and a 10+ year pb. 26.7 miles by the watch.
    Tricky course in places not least when having to negotiate the back markers in the 10k event.
    Pretty happy all things considered. 57th overall and 3rd V50. Not sure if there is silverware. Also scooped 3rd team, beating 4th team by 3 seconds over 3 finishers (total of 10+ hours!)

Back to the track for 2 hours of timekeeping. Sleep will be deep tonight!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Excellent, Dustin! The stats say you moved from something like 9th V50 to 3rd in the last 15 minutes! Did others get the course as long? Better long than short! Sleep well!
  • Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Well done LMH and Dustin! :)
    Have a good day. image