Options

Friday 5th May 2017 - Somewhere in the distance

Morning.

Lyrics - Somewhere in the distance

Bright but breezy start to the day here.

Six isn't too many emzap - I'd be more worried about getting BBQ weather!

What:             whatever feels right once I'm out
Why:              there is no plan
Last hard:      deciding what to do can be difficult
Last rest:       29/4

Yesterday's lyrics - Star Wars by Ryan Adams.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning What 4 commute Why dropped car off at fixers Lyrics Yes Car finally on road to recovery though will have to re MOT next week. Jog him later via the fixers. May take you up on your kind offer LMH but I need somewhere the night before. Kind regards Postie
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: ?

What: all being well something faster after a morning's work

Why: haven't had a faster run this week. Hope the wind drops.

Safe journey north, OH!

Hope you survived the Assembly League, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    what - easy lunchtime
    why - track tomorrow morning
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - possibly
  • Options
    What: Heading north (on Glasgow train then FlyMayBe)
    possibly swim this evening ...
    Why: going home
    last rest: yesterday
    last hard: last week
    lyrics: no

Too nice a day to be spending on a train/plane
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Morning
    What: Probably nothing
    Why: Legs like lead post club run and work run yesterday
    Last Hard: Last night
    Last Rest: Work in progress
    Lyrics: Nope
    Trying for fast parkrun tomorrow and decent HM Sunday...keep you posted as will be off-line for a couple of days
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Morning

OH: have a safe trip back home :)

LMH: Hope the run and knees work with you:-)

What: 4 miles
    Why: easing back
    Last hard: viewing the scales
    Lyrics; Maybe
    Last race entered: this morning and accommodation booked Lake V here I come :D:)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Would be tempted by LV but likely to be about 3w post hernia op, so maybe not
  • Options
    Hope you have a safe journey OH.

Ah, I misunderstood postie - thought it was the night after you were worried about, the night before will be fine, message me if that helps.

Exciting Poppy!

have a great weekend SC.

You seem to be recovering really well Dustin.

Knees held up fine for a longer run this morning. Will spend another day in compression tights and precautionary icing.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    LMH glad it all seems to be improving, onwards and upwards
    nice one WP, when is lake v and what is it? blooming scales!!
    oh have a good trip enjoy the swim
    dustin, enjoy the track, are you run streaking?
    alehouse I was ok at the assembly league about a minute down and a full on cold or something has come out now! I said hi for you 

what: will be a mile and Hiit (if I am up to the latter) the straight round my daughters to watch spurs..
    why: what I do
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

last long walk tomorrow morning, get out on new bike sunday finally!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Oh: So sorry that once again you can not make LV one year you will make it:-)

LMH: Oh yes very Exciting!

Wabo :http://lakevyrnwyhalfmarathon.com/race.html 
    Do you fancy it?
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Good news on the knee/run, LMH - and yes, I'd love the peanut butter cookie recipe. Can you PM it to me? It's my birthday next week and I always bring brownies, cake or cookies with me so those will go down a treat, I'm sure.

Like wabo I'd love to know what Lake V is  ... :pensive:

Windy, cold and rainy here. So not too disappointed that I can't run. I'd still fancy a swim though ...

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I would quite fancy Lake Vrynwy half marathon...apart from the fact that I'm not sure that my legs would survive running that far. They haven't for a long, long time!

Enjoy this evening Wabo! Sorry to hear about the woman flu! And glad last night wasn't too bad including speaking to Dennis! Footie for me tomorrow courtesy of a friend who works for Puma: Leicester hospitality including a free bar from 12:30 to 6!

Sounds good news in general, LMH!

Take it easy, Chick! And I hate peanut butter!

What: warm up, 3 x 4 mins hard, 2 mins recovery, warm down

Why: need to. Was hard work but a pretty decent session and Tomtom tells me that HR go above 220-age! Struggled to recover after the third one, it tells me: "poor recovery". Not sure what that means as yet! Off road,slightly undulating and breezy so was pleased with 970 metres for the middle one.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    LmH - It's still all about 70% effort so not over doing anything, but may aim for a lsr (13-14) at the w/end.
    Wabo - streak seems to have just happened. Admittedly some of the runs have been no more than 2-3 km so arguably they are 'active' rest days.
  • Options
    Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    My MHR is well above 220-age Alehouse. Not liking peanut butter? Strange man:-)

chicksta - I don't think you can send attachments, if you message me your email address I'll send them on.

Sounds like my kind of running Dustin.

Be careful if you're poorly Wabo.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    LMH: you can send attachments on this new forum! One of the few advantages. The icon is 9 from the left. The one that looks like a grey piece of paper with a fold in the top right hand corner!
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    I laugh in the face of 220-age, regularly running 160+ and when in wobble time have exceeded 240 :-)
    Aim is to keep under 160 to behave. Lake V entered so maybe we could have a forum meet.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I have not looked at heart rate for years: exceeding 220-age sounds positive to me...but don't intend to get it up to your level, SC
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭

Straycelt: It would be good to have a forum meet at Llyn Vyrnwy :)

Not sure about what  my MHR reaches will pay more attention but think well above the 220-age 

Alehouse: You have weeks to get the legs ready for LV:-) BUT you hate peanut butter.....thud you better join Alun in the PB hating corner;-)

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Thanks Alehouse - you have mail chicksta.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Ale probably loves Marmite :)

How on earth do you pronounce Llyn Vyrnwy?? Welsh scares me to death ;)

220-age is utter rubbish. People are just too different to fit into one simple formula. Only way to find out is a max. HR test :mrgreen:

I just sent you a message, LMH and then saw that you'd already sent me the recipes :+1:  Looking forward to trying them out :yum:
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Of course I like Marmite, Chick! Yes, I know 220-age is rubbish and sure a Max HR test would give a higher reading: was just saying I worked quite hard today. 

I will ask my son about pronouncing Lake V: he used to read the traffic news in Welsh. The script was given phonetically.
  • Options
    I'm sure Poppy can tell us with her being Welsh and all:-)
  • Options
    What 4.5? Why collecting car from the fixer I'm firmly with Ale with regards to PB and Marmite. LMH will wait for suitable opportunity to start negotiations with Mrs PP over Robin Hood but I think it's a goer.
  • Options
    No rush postie - I won't offer the bed to anyone else.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the PB/Marmite support Postie!

Son says his list says Klynn Ver-oo-neey. No doubt WP will be able to correct this!
  • Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Evening.

LMH
    : Good stuff, look forward to seeing you at the start line. :)  I am P&D-ing it up this year, midway through the recovery portion.

Had a job interview today, and ended up getting the job as an Admin Assistant at a financial company, the company itself is very legal orientated so room for potentially shifting into the legal dept. in future.
    My brother has also secured funding for a Ph.D in Liverpool, which is good and bad; good that he's getting on in academics, bad in that I don't want him to be more qualified than me. :p

What: 8 miles w/8 x 100 metre strides.
    Why: Speed ' n' stuff.
    Current Streak: Day 504.
    Lyrics: Nope.

Have a good 'un.

Have a good day. image
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    6 is the most I've ever had lmh, that's why I'm stressing!

What: 1 mile plus core, physio
    Why: a mile a day for May
    Last hard: the physio nearly made me cry...
    Lyrics: nope

I love peanut butter and Marmite... Together, it's even better... Sorry guys

Going to look up lake v

Have a great evening all

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Damn, it's the same day as the Denbies  half which I've signed up for (wine tasting along the way, last time we took 3 hours...). Would have otherwise been keen
  • Options
    Good news on the job Ollie, hope it progresses as you'd wish.

I hate Peanut Butter too (along with my son but not my daughters and wife so definite gender divide here)
    Marmite - can take it or leave it.

Off the plane (20min late) bus home, grabbed my swimming togs and straight back out to Inganess (for LMH) bay for a swim around the wreck with 3 others.

Some Welsh pronunciation is, I think, difficult to render in English phonetics.
    I was alway taught to produce an 'Ll' by placing tip of tongue behind top teeth and forcing breath around it;
    w think of as 'u' or ''o'
    y can be like  short 'u' as in mud or short 'i' in win.
    I think the first y in Vyrnwy is u-like and 2nd is I-like (as is y in Llyn)
    There: stuck my neck out well and truly!
    (and of course South Walian pronunciation is quite distinct from North Walian!)
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good news, OL! Even taking your brother into account! Is the job local? 

Good that you got back for a swim, OH.

I may be more interested in your half, Emz