Options

Saturday 6th May 2017 - When you, when you forget your name

Morning.

Lyrics - When you, when you forget your name

Congratulations Ollie. I hope you enjoy it - and it doesn't interfere with training too much:-) Congratulations to your brother too.

You'll be fine emzap - just do a bit more of everything than you think you'll need. Any special diets to cater for?

Take it easy today Poppy.

I know SC is racing this weekend too - anyone else?

Inganess Bay is so beautiful OH.

Hope you enjoy the football Alehouse.

What:           short and easy
Why:            still nursing the knee
Last hard:    looking at my training diary and seeing the difference between how I'm running now and post VLM last year
Last rest:     29/4

Yesterday's lyrics - It's A Mystery by Toyah. 
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning
    OH: You pronounced Llyn Vyrnwy perfect and exactly how I was taught:-) But you can tell if you are speaking to a North or South Wales speaker as North Wales seems more nasal than us in the South:-)

Shame so many are unable to make race but never mind it seems lots of races are on around that time of year.

Em: that sounds an interesting race,;-)

LMH: I hope the run goes well and I should have got yesterday's lyrics.

What: 4 miles
    Why: leg loosener
    Last hard: Getting out of bed
    Lyrics: Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Anybody else watch Nike's sub 2 attempt? An interesting experiment.

Enjoy the leg loosener Poppy.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: 20 mins d&d

Why: train to catch shortly. 

Just been reading about the 2 hour experiment!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: a mile
    Why: racing tomorrow
    Last hard: not crying in physio but it's not as bad as I expected today
    Lyrics: nope

Congratulations Ollie! When do you start?

If anyone's interested it's a half or full marathon on a wine farm in Surrey. Baccus half.

Have a great day all
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Congrats, ollie. And well done to your bro :+1:

That half sounds great, em. I always fancied a go at the Medoc marathon. But I'm such a lightweight in terms of alcohol consumption :blush:

Thanks for the lessons in Welsh pronunciation, guys. I'd still make a complete hash of it, I'm sure.

LMH: you'll be getting back to former fitness, I'm sure.

Watched bits of the sub 2 attempt. It's fantastic to watch how beautifully these guys run. All in all I think it's one giant publicity stunt to promote those Nike shoes .... But they came sooo close ! A bit more EPO next time?
  • Options
    Morning What rest/work Why Shakey HM tomorrow / work Lyrics no How did they get on at Monza?
  • Options
    They missed it by less than 30 seconds postie.

A lot of people racing tomorrow then - hope the weather is kind and you all have good runs. Which race are you doing emzap?

chicksta - I'm also a real lightweight with alcohol so would be no good at either of those events. I don't think that fitness is my issue as such, my right knee still has a large lump where the patella tendon inserts and quite restricted movement so I think that's mostly to blame for my lack of pace.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Happy days, flying visit. Love all the Lake V questions, banter etc and look forward to seeing a few of us there.
    Finished Dom God duties ready for OH to return on Monday,
    Lyrics: No bell ringing
    What: 23.05 parkrun
    Why: 2 min timeout as quick bit of SVT and spike in HR to 241:-)
    Last Hard: getting sub 24 after that stoppage
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Must dash
  • Options
    Don't do too much dashing SC!
  • Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    What:
    1) Sea swim
    2) 9 miles initially in cold haar then sun broke through
    3) 2mile run each way for 2nd sea dip, this time bathed in sun
    Why: because I wanted to!
    Last hard: LSR last week
    Last rest: Thursday
    Lyrics: no idea

Run well and enjoy, emzap and Postie

Still haven't ruled out Llyn Vyrnwy completely. Any idea how soon it is likely to be fully booked WP?

• Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Oh: It fills up quickly it was half full when I entered...I just checked 835 entered  out of 1600 entries online that is without the postal entries.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    So no hope of LV entry if I leave it until I get an admission date then :(
    Ah well there will always be next year.
    WP: We holidayed in the Lleyn peninsula thoughout my childhood, I later had a girlfriend whose 1st language was Welsh

Reviewing yesterday's thread there definitely it a gender preference on Peanut Butter on this thread as well as in my family! ;)
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    That is such a shame but don't give up hope when you get admission date and  if can make race email Janet(race organiser) and see if any places left.

I wondered ....... Welsh is not my first language although I do okay, Alun was brought up as Welsh his  first language

Yum Peanut Butter will make a peanut butter and jam sandwich for post race tomorrow:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Evening
    ollie - congrats
    what - game of 3 parts
    15x200 at ideal mile pace, 60s recovery. 37s for the first 8, then a few 35s & 36s and finished with a 34. Then timekeeping at BAL, dodging being the stand in 'chaser. 
    Evening 4 mile leg loosener
    why - filling the day
    last rest = 6/12
    last hard - hanging on for the last few reps
    lyric - possibly
    oh and big lover of peanut butter and marmite (but not together).
  • Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Evening.
    Anybody else working toward a sub-2 marathon? :p

Good luck to those racing tomorrow, hope it goes well Emzap and Postie. :)

I start next Monday, beats call centre work anyway.   
    AH: It's nearby the Apollo, though moving to Deansgate in the coming months.

What: 6 miles.
    Why: It's on the schedule.
    Current Streak: Day 505.
    Lyrics: Nope.
    Have a good day. image
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

I'm sure that I could do a sub 2 marathon OL! Not. Would be happy with that for 13.1. I imagine that your new job will be the 192 out and run home. And it will indeed beat call centre working.

A good day at the footie but hard work eating all the food/consuming all the free drink etc. And too long on various trains. 

Well done on officiating at BAL, Dustin: without the likes of you there would be no meetings.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    wow to the 2hr piece an amazing attempt.

Dustin killer session well done

as expected parkrun was hard as full of cold... but still managed 20:37 good for 46th plus a mile warm up and cool down

just back from watching my 2nd team Wycombe Wanders, a good 1-0 win but missed out on the play offs on goal difference