Options

Wednesday 24th May 2017 - Think of your fellow man

Morning.

Lyrics - Think of your fellow man

I could do with some of your sun SC - though it's forecast to warm up for the rest of the week.

What:               a run with Mark (sort of)
Why:                he wants to
Last hard:        not having an ice cream after my run will be hard (we're going out for lunch)
Last rest:         29/4

Yesterday's lyrics - Grey Day by Madness.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning! Grey but warm. 

Lyrics: yes, although I must confess I had to check who the original was by. Appropriate.

What: will see what the legs feel like.

Why: not working today so several options!

All sounds good, SC
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    What: Neonatal resuscitation course, maybe something later
    Why:CPD
    lyrics no but appropriate
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    A very bright and sunny day in Old London Town.
    Still can't comprehend all that stuff going down in Manchester. Shocking, but thankfully very rare. 
    Also feel for those in Syria caught in the cross fire between Isis and Russian/Syrian bombers.
    what - easy lunchtime
    why - recovery: club last night, 400/300/200/100 with same recovery, 3 sets
    last rest -14/5
    last hard - past three days
    lyric - think so

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Still grey and overcast here. Probably reflects the mood of the city! 

What: an hour off road (10.62k)

Why: head told the legs to, although the legs did argue at times. First couple of k fairly gentle, as was the last k; the middle sections were a little quicker. Managed to bump into youngest son on his horse near the start of the run.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    alehouse, that sounds idyllic! the youngest on his horse I mean
    dustin enjoy the easy
    oh oh my your post is so apt for me, that was where I was yesterday afternoon  (no neonatal) but for Giselle... those people are amazing
    lmh enjoy your run with Mark, step away from the ice cream (dessert maybe)
    Giselle had another massive seizure, it's so hard to see :-(
    what: something later 
    why: I am washed out but the streak continues
    last hard: yesterday afternoon
    last rest: 31/12
    have a good day
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Hope Giselle is OK,, Wabo! Sounds like the meds need adjusting slightly. Probably famous last words but youngest son hasn't had a seizure for probably ten years. I guess it is easier to get the meds right for an adult as there will be little change in height or weight. 

And talking of weight, mine seems to be heading in the wrong direction again! The easier week last week saw an additional four or five pounds added!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, glad to see your people are all safe, it is truly a sad thing
    I think the problem was she had a temperature and unfortunately whenever she does there is this risk - the emergency meds they had at home didn't work though hence her going in to resus
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Giselle slept for ages, woke this morning in hospital and looked ok, its always a worry when this happens
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

(((Wabo))) hope all gets better for Giselle soon. LMH, enjoy your run. Manchester on front page of Spanish, German and French newspapers today in Spain. Media and social media doing a great job in kicking up a storm. Unfathomable on too many fronts.
    Lyrics: Yes
    What: 10k on the beach
    Why: Like to run from waves and skip through the stony bits without getting wwet or damaged :-)
    Last Hard: Not having a dessert last night
    Last Rest: Still the gentle 5 miler
    Stay safe all and Ale: watch those calories. 100/mile

• Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Wabo: big hugs for you and all the family I hope Giselle gets better soon.
    SC: it sounds idylic but you have to have dessert on holiday?
    LMH: to answer yesterday's question I have 2 races in June  hilly 10k 17/06 and a week later the Swansea half both local so no traveling:-)
    I hope lunch out was nice?

What: 10.61 miles
    Why: MLR
    Last hard: finding out how many cals i burnt for run
    lyrics: yes and so apt

It was foggy this morning so I was up on Clyne common and extended my run all off road I am slowly testing Achilles off road, any way was heading back down when the fog took hold and I lost my bearing -none of my visual markers where there but kept at it as i was bound to find my way down .I find lots of sheep and wild horses but they could not help me:-) finally I find a concrete path(not come across before so knew I was way off ) and get to the road to find I was almost a mile the wrong way so had to run  on a very busy road with no pavement but luckily I was in a bright yellow top and drivers were kind finally i get to where I should have come out so my run was extended:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh wabo I hope little Giselle recovers quickly. Look after yourself too

Wp sounds like an adventure run!

Lmh how was lunch out?

Very hot here (for May in England)

What: will do circuits tonight plus of course a mile
    Why: they were fun last time
    Last hard: this will be in this heat 
    Lyrics: nope

Ale I'm with you on the weight in the wrong direction... Need to fit into dress for a wedding too, and that'll be after a week of eating in France!

Sc sounds like you're having a nice holiday.

Anyone heard from Ollie lately?  Wonder how his new job is going.

Have a good evening all

• Options
    Hope Giselle is ok now Wabo, it must be very scary.

You can't really have put that much on in one week Alehouse - at least not without being on holiday here with me......

Lunch was really, really good. Highly recommend Warne's in Wadebridge to anyone who finds themselves in the area. Great minds and all that - I didn't have dessert but did have an ice cream later in the afternoon. In my defence I did end up running 16 miles this morning though 10 of them were with Mark. A lovely day here - much warmer than forecast and lovely to spend time sat on the beach and reading in the garden.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds a good day, LMH! And it warmed up here in the end such that I was able to eat on the patio. Pretty rare! Weight does seem to fluctuate a fair bit at the moment but when one remembers that a pint of water weighs more than a pound, hydration has quite an effect!

Emz:  OL  posted at the weekend to say that all was well with the first week at work. May have been a strange atmosphere for the last two days though. Hope all is well with him, not least running-wise.

OL: if you are about on Saturday we are putting on a pilot 5k on the original Cheadle Hulme parkrun course at 11 so that people can fit another parkrun in first. Part of the Great Run Local initiative: Paul, the original director, is going to put a series on on Sunday mornings across the summer if the pilot goes to plan. More the merrier on Saturday. I'm pacing 30 minutes or tail-running, apparently!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about Giselle but glad you were well looked after. Only finished at 6pm today and expecting SKYPE from D1 in NZ so no run this evening.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Circuits completed plus 2.5 km run there and back. 

Got home to find our hotel reservation for our holiday has been cancelled...am on phone trying to sort it out now...

We did well in the cricket :)

Yes, I saw his post at the weekend AH, but was wondering how it was going this week...hope he's ok.

OH aren't you meant to be retired :tongue:
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Cricket was good, Emz! A pain about your accommodation. Hope it is soon sorted. You seem to be training well!

Retirement is interesting! I've retired twice so far and keep being offered more work than there are days in the week. OH will probably find the same. 
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Wabo hope Giselle recovers quickly

steady 5.8m tonight

Having a better week

Take care