Options

Friday 26th May 2017 - Hola, Holana Telling me this And telling me that

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Morning

Lyrics: Hola, Holana, Telling me this and telling me that

What: 10 km or whatever I can manage
Why: time constraints, aching a lot
Last hard: sleeping past 4:30 (holiday excitement, heat, helicopter flying overhead since yesterday lunchtime)

Have a good day all

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Sunshine On A Rainy Day by Zoe.

You were up early emzap. Thanks for staring the thread. When do you go away?

I'm tired this morning - too much sun I think - and my quads ache - too many hilly miles (actual weekly mileage is quite low for me). It's bright and forecast to be hot here again but it's going to be a windy one. Not sure what I'll do after my little pre breakfast circuit. It's our wedding anniversary, we are going out for dinner but I think Mark plans to ride the length of the Camel Trail and back. I'm not sure I'm up to another MLR but won't have time for much tomorrow - I'll see how I feel later.

What:           something easy - and keeping my torso out of the sun
    Why:            tired/sunburn
    Last hard:    being sensible in the sun
    Last rest:     29/4

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: unsure

Why: the heat! Not sure I've said that for a long time! And probably never in the UK!

Bonnes vacances, Emz! And enjoy what's left of yours, LMH! Just brushing up on my Portuguese: Porto here I come. Sunday afternoon until Thursday. Lots to do before then, like celebrating eldest son's 30th today!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    11 km done in the end. It was hot at 6 am!  We aren't leaving till late morning.

Happy birthday little ale! Enjoy Porto.

Happy anniversary lmh 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya, 
    Enjoy the trips Emz & Ale, and enjoy both the Anniversary and the rest of the holiday LmH!
    what - easy 6 at lunchtime
    why - catch some rays & 3 weeks until club's marathon so I ought to do some more running!
    last rest - 14/5
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - yep

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Alehouse happy birthday to little ale! Just do the minimum! Have a great trip, lovely stuff
    emzap enjoy and well done in the heat
    lmh happy wedding anniversary and watch that sun, think it did for me on Sunday

What: 1.25 bare minimum in new shoes!
    why: just feel tired and nice to break in the new shoes
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12
    might parkrun in the morning, prob will
    have a great weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

LMH: Happy Anniversary have a fab last day on holiday
    Ale: Enjoy Porto and Happy Birthday to Little Ale
    Em: Enjoy your holiday
    Wabo: Enjoy new shoes:-)
    Dustin: Enjoy lunchtime run, is it cake day?

What: 7 miles
    Why: It is far too hot for me even at 7am!
    Last hard: the heat
    Lyrics: No
    It was to be LSR day but the heat drains me so will save it for a cooler day
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Happy holidays emzap and Alehouse.

Hope you all enjoy the birthday celebrations Alehouse.

Which marathon Dustin?

You need to acclimatise Poppy not that it's likely to last for long unfortunately, especially with a bank holiday on the horizon.

Change of plan, when I got back from my run Mark had decided that he didn't want to ride today and would rather run so two miles over to Padstow with him then we both did an out and back thirty minutes on the Camel Trail a our own pace then two miles home - so 16 for me today in total. Windy but lovely and warm.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

What: 6k including a couple of hard ks

Why: took myself off into the countryside and onto the Macclesfield Canal. A little shade and a little breeze, but nevertheless rather warm, and was soaked at the end...and not because I fell in! The intention was to do my rep session, but I felt the surface wasn't quite right, so did a fartlek instead, running a couple of sections at a decent effort.

Cross training shortly: ironing/gardening/cleaning etc.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    WP - every day is cake day! But it's both my work running pals birthday and my boss's birthday on Sunday so we've had pain au chocolat for breakfast, chocolate fudge and working my way through slices of a massive rainbow cake this afternoon. The things you do for your colleagues...
    LmH - Hampshire Trail Marathon, year two. Half sold out now just a few places in the marathon left! 
    I'm organiser of the finish line/ goody bags so have lots of packing to do in the coming weeks!
  • Options
    What: 7 miles all on water (kayak). Return into wind.
    Why: giving legs a rest
    last hard: today was (Marathon was easier)
    last rest: Wednesday
    lyrics: no idea