Options

Asics Gel Hyperspeed 6 - Good starter race shoe?

Hi all,

I am keen to develop my form and economics and switch to a racing shoe, likely distances up to half marathon. As I will be new to low profile, minimalist shoes, I didn't want to drop Adizero money (just yet). Found some Hyperspeed 6 for £40, do you think they would do the job of helping me transition to a flatter trainer (currently in Supernova Glide 7 Boosts).

Any hands on experience, as a lot of the professional reviews seem a little "shillish" and the others are inconsistent.

Thanks,

Lee

Comments

• Options
    The Hyperspeed 6 are an excellent cheap shoe for a beginner runner. They will wear out quick due to their low weight and at their cheap price it may be worth purchasing extra pairs. Review sites are shills, they are paid by shoes companies to give high review scores to help sell more shoes. 
  • Options
    HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I love hyperspeeds. There's not really any structure to the midsole, just some foam stitched to the upper and some rubber stuck on the other side. I've only worn mine for racing (2x marathons and a few halves) and done 200km so far and they're still in good condition. The fit is great for my foot and the cushioning is pretty good too in my opinion. I've not felt like I've needed more shoe in a marathon. I'm not sure I'd describe them as minimalist but I guess it's all relative. I wouldn't just think of them as a starter racing shoe either, the fact that you'll see them on lots of feet at the front of lots of big races suggests they are a very good shoe.