Options

Calf cramp

I have a half marathon in 3 months and have managed the full distance twice as of yet. I tried today and felt really good but then I got sever calf cramps. I have suffered a lot with cramps on bigger runs and often get them in the night time. Is there anything i can do to stop these cramps as they are going to scupper my running hopes. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    My mum gave me small can of Tonic Water in which good for you between training and after and take some more after the run and rub down the legs quickly before bed.its contain (Lekseen) I think I type it right.i hope this ok?
  • Options
    Make sure you are getting enough salt in your diet. I know it is the devils drug nowadays but you need it if you are running.
  • Options
    HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    Maybe you're trying to push off too much with your calves when you're running due to weakness elsewhere or poor running form. Or maybe your calves themselves are weak and need strengthening. Difficult to say really but it's not always as simple as getting more salt or rubbing some snake oil. It might not help too much for your next half marathon but it's something to think about in the longer term. Good luck.