Options

Wednesday 26th July 2017 - I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh

Morning.

Lyrics - I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh

I'm hoping to have walked Grace and at least got out for my run before the forecast heavy rain starts - are we having summer this year or were the few nice days we had it?

What:             easy miles, hopefully a MLR but legs may not agree
Why:              not working until this afternoon
Last hard:      I'm keeping it easy 
Last rest:       15/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were, "Pick Yourself Up", various artists (Fred Astaire, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra). Don't know today's.

What: more work in the fitness suite shortly.

Why: give me strength!

Very wet here, and likely to remain wet until late afternoon.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all, 
    Wabo - ouch. Tooth pain is horrible.
    Emz - agree with what others ave said that a mile can build up. There is possibly a more polite way of saying things. 
    Maybe he meant that running a mile for streak preservation purposes alone, is a waste of time. That view I can sympathise with, but if it keeps some motivated then what does it matter?

What - easy run tonight, plus new xc league meeting
    why - in different office this week so running at lunch not possible/ was asked to be involved
    last rest - 04/07
    last hard - yesterday ; 5x1ks , slight hammy twinge on rep 5, so stretching and careful management in order.
    Now where is that sensible head?
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Good morning, good morning, good morning. Yesterday's lyrics I should have known. Used them at conferences before Doh! Today's yes. Emz, stay with your programme. Wabo, sympathy. LMH, talk to those legs.
    Getting bored on the bench but needs must. Inflammation going down and discomfort around Achilles definitely reducing. Am in no hurry to flare it up again. Planning to walk 5k Saturday in Dublin and jog/walk the half to minimise any sort of damage. As I'll have an enforced layoff just after that feels like a plan. Weather not good yet it's supposed to clear by lunchtime.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Dustin I left the sensible thread head in the bottom of the thread locker:-) along with a tray of doughnuts:-)

What: 6 mile walk in torrential rain/exercise bike 1hour 
    Why: keeping the fitness levels up
    Last hard: the rain
    Lyrics : Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    More kayaking yesterday followed by badminton in evening

Not kayaking today as forecast to get windy later
    probably should run sometime but a few errands to do first.

last few days have been good but hard
    last rest: Friday
    lyrics not a scoobie
  • Options
    The forecast rain arrived early and my legs were not up for a MLR so I listened and just an easy run for me.

Sounds promising SC.

Has the platelet rich plasma therapy been considered as a possibility to speed your recovery Alehouse?

My left hamstring is a little niggly too Dustin, one of those things that I tend to get quite a lot but as I'm not supposed to run hills anyway it's quite easy to manage.

You are doing well at keeping yourself moving Poppy, hopefully you'll be back to where you were quite quickly once you can run again, I'm sure the walking helps.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Platelet rich plasma therapy hasn't been mentioned, LMH

An hour in the fitness suite d&d: I usually go in the evening and found it much harder work in the morning!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    em: what an obnoxious guy. Just do your thang and let him do his :wink:

SC: As you're pretty fit I hope that the lower end of the post-op recovery spectrum applies.

LMH/Dustin: careful with those hammies.

After about 72 hours it has stopped raining. OMG. I can see blue sky! Still, I've pretty much given up on this summer. Just as well I can't run ...

Ale: good going in the gym. I'm the opposite - I prefer morning training and feel usually pretty tired and lethargic if I do anything in the evening. Lunchtime is OK though.

What: an hour in the pool
    Why: drills - I want to become decent at this swimming lark
    Last hard: today - my legs are toast (too many kick drills)
    Last rest: 23/7
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    You benchies are really inspiring.  I can't believe the amount of training you guys are doing without any running!

Dustin, that's exactly what annoyed me.  The way he said it.  Maybe the mile isn't doing anything fitness wise, but it's getting me out the door, and I'm enjoying it.  If and when I want to build it up, I can, but when I want to, not because some silly man has told me it's a waste of time to get changed for that.  Thanks for the support guys :)

LMH gad you listened to your legs.  Summer was here yesterday, gone today.  Managed to find a dry window to run though.

What: a mile and foam rolling
    Why: because I want to
    Last hard: the foam roller
    Lyrics: yes :)

Have a great day all.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon 
    Lyrics no
    emzap enjoy the mile and the foam roller??
    chick have a great swim
    alehouse  hope the fitness suite was good
    WP your fitness sounds amazing to me
    sc take care hope the healing continues
    what: 3 miles off road later and hiit
    why: fun 
    last hard: last night speedy work runners
    last rest: 31/12

I need root canal so back next week I go.  I came off my bike a few years back and hit my cheek bone on the pavement, ever since then  I have had trouble that side of the face. Second nerve to die now!! I don't know if that's why, Dentist doesnt 100% know the cause but is sure the nerve has died.
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can