Options

Bent leg, thigh raise machine

Hello,

I am trying to find a bent leg, thigh raise machine. So your leg would be raised and bent with the thigh pushing against an added resistance provided by the machine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    You need to be a bit more specific. Do you mean a leg press or a leg curl or a hip flexor machine?

• Options
    Hi, having googled those three, the hip flexor (hip & glute) machine, in the vertical range of movement, is the kind of thing I am looking for. Thanks for your help.
  • Options

to understand your requirements I visualise your narrative as being - seated normally in a  machine that works your muscles when you raise your leg, from the seated position, towards the chest (upwards). I don't think there is such a machine TBH. In my gym there is a machine that is mainly used for the back of the arms in a pulling down motion. the mechanism is adjustable however so that the lever can be dropped to the floor. it comes with an ankle strap; so that the user can stand and then raise the knee upwards from the standing position. thus working the from hips.  The same exercise can be achieved using a physio band tied at one end to a heavy object and ten doing the same motion.  It depends on which area of your body you are looking to work:  Leg extension machines will work the muscles surround the knee. If it is the front hip area you are looking to exercise - the standing knee raise works and lying leg drops which also works the lower abs work. hope some of this waffle answers what you are looking to achieve?