Options

Training / Nutrition

Hey Everyone, I am after some guidence if anyone can help me.

Thought I would message as I follow your page and love the no nonsense common sense approach. Anyway jumping to it.

Im 17.5 stone and "always" been there or there abouts with my lowest weight about 15.9 ish.. I do a lot of running and training for half marathons and even completed my first marathon 3 months ago. This alongside Weight lift which I really enjoy.

Im a big lad and really want to improve my running BUT want ot lose weight, the industry as a whole is full of advice left right and centre which muddies the water a litte. Its hard to know what nutrian guidelines to follow to make sure im eating food to fuel my training as well as loosing body fat.

The courses you offer have you experience of working with people who have similar needs?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    My approach to training and weight control is straight-forward ... only eat real food, keep carbohydrates very low, eat lots of protein, avoid industrial seed oils, and do not be afraid of healthy animal fats. On a low carb high protein/fat diet, my hunger is under control, while run endurance improves due to fat-adaptation.
  • Options
    im with you, so i have been doing a similar diet to keto in recent weeks. so probably best to stay on track with that
  • Options
    Give up the alcohol and stop eating junk food for a month and you should lose weight without doing too much exercise. Gradually increase exercise and stay off the alcohol and cut out the junk food.
  • Options
    I've lost a lot of weight which improved my running from following principles in this programme. https://running-nutrition.teachable.com/p/eat-right-for-running/ Good luck!
  • Options
    Don't forget that running is really quite efficient. For me its about 100 calories per mile (or so) so you really dont need to eat lots.   A lot of people think we are like cars and food is our petrol.  It's not.  I'll happily run a half with no breakfast.