Options

Sunday 24th September 2017 - It was a strange place and a tender age; I was just a babe in school

Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in Training
Morning.

Lyrics - It was a strange place and a tender age; I was just a babe in school

Hope you have a safe journey and a nice holiday OH.

Go well racers - and enjoy.

Thanks Alehouse - you'll all be in my thoughts, especially when the going gets tough.

What:           Robin Hood Marathon
Why:            I want to and I can
Last hard:    the only hard thing is the pressure I've put on myself
Last rest:     15/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Anticipation by Carly Simon.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Go go lmh! Hope you have a great race :)
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Enjoy your holiday, Emz!

Looking forward to some reports later!

What: fitness suite later

Why: non-weight bearing exercise needed. Achilles struggling this morning, but am sure it is due to the heavy weights of yesterday.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning

Go get them Tiger race well LMH

good luck all racers today

Em: Have a good holiday

Ale: Good luck with fitness suite

I hate the extender leads on dogs owners have no thought for others.....If they have to have them can the lead not be bright red so we can see them!!

What: 10k later
    Why: I entered months ago
    Last hard: I think today will be hard
    Lyrics; yes

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Those were lovely encouraging words yesterday, ale. Tell that grumpy achilles to get a life ;)

Hope LMH reaped her just rewards.

How did the 10k go, poppy?

Berlin was interesting. Bekele and Kipsang dropping out - who'd have thought? And a total rookie coming second giving Kipchoge a hard time. Weather was atrocious, so no new WR.

What: just yoga
    Why: have to be sensible
    Last hard: being sensible
    Last rest: 5/8
    Lyrics: no

• Options
    Chick: I don't think i can see Berlin as I really like Kipchoge sorry to hear bad weather so no WR.

Sensible is so underated but glad you are being sensible.

I was also sensible just before I was due to leave and my whole morning planned around the 1pm race, I become ill,felt really bad,cold shivery and sick so stayed home I know it was the right choice sensible won over stupidity :)

I Hope LMH has got the result she dearly deserves.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    I'm really sorry to hear that Poppy.

Hope the achilles settles quickly Alehouse.

It was quite warm here, sounds like very different conditions to Berlin, and it was not a flat, fast course, 136m gain (which for a flatlander like me is a lot) and most of that in the first six miles then between miles 15 to 18 we had bits of trail, some of it quite muddy and twisty turny and even sections of grass. Quite lonely once the half and full marathon split and I was running on my own into the wind (which whilst not high was picking up as the day progressed and was noticeable) I had to 'do a Paula' in  mile 16 - none of which helped however I manged a PB finishing in 2.55.38 by my Garmin and second woman so I have to be happy with that. I'm sure there is more to come on a better course if I can stay well and sound. Would dearly like to see if I can get a late entry for Abingdon but Mark thinks that he may have to work that weekend and I couldn't do the journey on my own so I guess I'll have to wait for London.
  • Options
    Brilliant LMH! I realized it wasn't the quickest of courses so to pb on that is fantastic! Well done!!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    That's absolutely brilliant, LMH :+1: to PB on a tough course is just fab. And second lady - just awesome.

I wouldn't try to cram another one in so soon. Give those battered knees a break - hope they coped with the hills :)

Right decision, poppy. Your body is probably not yet over the post Lake V lurgy.
  • Options
    Thanks.

My knees feel ok chicksta. I can feel them but they aren't hurting or swollen which is good.
  • Options
    Provisional results are online and chip/gun time is the same as Garmin. 11th place overall.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Just seen them LMH! Not far behind the first lady! Did you see her? Find it strange that three guys ran quicker than you...setting off 15 minutes late! Glad that the knees seem ok! And I think you are sitting pretty at the top of the National rankings!! :)

Achilles, or rather at the side of and above, has been uncomfortable all day. Will see what tomorrow brings!
  • Options
    I could see her in the last two miles and was catching her Alehouse though I think if I had done so she probably would have had another gear, she is a Scandinavian (I think) student and probably less than half my age. If you weren't on the elite start you were in waves which may explain the fifteen minutes? Do you really think I'm top of the FV50 national marathon rankings?
  • Options
    LMH...have messaged you...and yes, I'm confident! 

Hope you got a decent prize (or two!) as well as a decent time!

Leicester Marathon on October 15th?! 
  • Options
    The prize was a generous cheque Alehouse. I shall mostly be in Florida on the 15th October
  • Options
    Had forgotten about Florida, LMH! Am sure the cheque will come in handy! 

Am sure that you can wangle your way into any marathon now! 
  • Options
    Hiya
    Very brief visit, but HUGE congrats LmH a splendid time, and richly deserved!

What - SEAA relays at Crystal Palace. Team manager for all ages then ran leg 5 for the "B" team. Laboured a bit and legs had no real zip, so around 20.20 for the (I wish) 6km. It was more like 5.3
    Why - club event
    last rest - 13 days
    last hard - London traffic driving home....
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    well done LMH, excellent PB

Sorry to being it back to earth with this post - Yesterday went from bad to worse as when we (daughter and I) got home, we found we had been burgled.... feel violated and down, but will not be beaten. No run, house now secure, locks changed, Mrs RFJ still in hospital they still have not found the cause of the pain, as gall bladder etc has been ruled out, confirmed it has been a crap weekend all round in the RFJ house hold, but not going to lie down, we'll be back... and fighting