Options

Friday 29th September 2017 - Sailing through the tunnels

Morning.

Lyrics - Sailing through the tunnels

We head off to a hotel this afternoon, flight mid-morning tomorrow so someone else is going to have to start the thread for a bit:-)

Knees not entirely happy with me this morning, suspect yesterday's double digit run is to blame so will keep it short and easy today if they feel ok after Grace's walk. Unlikely to be able to fit a run in tomorrow though I don't suppose sitting in a car, nine hours on an aeroplane then more time in a car is going to help much. Hopefully I'll have the time and energy for a little walk once we arrive at our apartment - we'll need some emergency supplies anyway.

Hope everything is ok after your run yesterday Alehouse.

What:           hopefully short and easy
Why:            as above plus lots of in law moving related tasks to complete
Last hard:    remembering to do everything/fitting it all in
Last rest:     15.7

Yesterday's lyrics - A Change Would Do You Good - Sheryl Crow.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Sounds like a lot of cross training going on, LMH!

Lower leg not too bad this morning, I am pleased to report! Just need to be careful and try to get the balance right in terms of running, cross training, Achilles exercises etc. 

What: fitness suite including single leg presses, but not to maximum

Why: see above. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    All sounds positive Ale!
    Have an incident and stress free journey LmH and enjoy the break.

What - lunchtime run with work pals, probably Greenwich hills
    why - standard
    last rest - 18 days
    last hard - Tuesday

Likely to be my first sub 200 mile/month but not surprising given three weekends have included a mile race, a 5k relay and a 6k relay, so longer runs are in the background.

• Options
    Well done Ale. Enjoy LMH. Dustin, happy one of us has pals to run with. Mine all broken again!
    Ended up getting towed home from Welshpool. Just 2.5 hours. Late night
    What; Short one
    Why: Still niggly and want a better parkrun tomorrow (Weather permitting)
    Last Hard: Yesterday's long slog 25 hour round trip
    Last Rest: Oh, that was yesterday too
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Afternoon! 

Meant to say to Dustin, the Northern 6 stage was a bit of a farce also: 10+ teams disqualified including 3 of the first 7. Teams had included runners who had not paid their England Athletics registration fee: right and proper, no doubt, but it would have been helpful if team managers had had this pointed out beforehand. Some common sense though in that some of the teams are still being allowed to run in the Nationals.

Lots of cross training here: ironing etc.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Afternoon

LMH: Have a safe journey and hope all the jobs get done before you have to leave:-) I shall try to take my turn starting the thread in your absence:-)

Ale: That sounds positive news on your run:-)

Dustin:Enjoy the run with pals

SC: You sure go through pals;-) That sounds a long trip yesterday! I hope the run went well.

What: 7 mile run

Why: Because I can and no better reason:-)

Last hard: yesterday's run was tough with fuel issues

Lyrics: yes

Last rest:24/9
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Afternoon again!

Gym d&d including single leg presses, using a slightly lower weight.

Hope you have a better journey than SC, LMH!

• Options
    Me too Alehouse.

That does not sound like a nice day SC. Glad you made it home ok.

Just remembered to feed my cake Poppy.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Safe travels. LMH. Hope the knees are OK.

Horrid, SC :o

Nice 7 miler, Poppy.

Ale: Achilles still OK I hope?

What: 4k run outside, then 60 mins of core in the gym
    Why: because ;)
    Last hard: I tried non-assisted pull-ups for the first time. My upper body strength is pathetic :s
    Last rest: 5/8
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    You are making good progress with the running, Chick! Touch wood, the Achilles is not too bad; the calf is struggling to adapt to the weight being pushed through the Achilles, though, and I expect to be a bit tender in the morning. But that, they say, is normal at present.