Options

Tuesday 10th October 2017 I never give you my pillow

Morning!

Lyrics: I never give you my pillow, 
I only send you my invitations

What: fitness suite after work
Why: more  weight through the Achilles. 

Sounds a nice little race, LMH! Did you both win prizes?

Have a good day!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    what - club night, debating track or xc, but with Hampshire league kicking off this w/e, I suspect the latter may win out
    why - Tuesday
    last rest - 11/9
    last hard - Sunday

Tired today, had to babysit my Dad yesterday- in hospital for routine eye surgery (detached retina). He was adamant he wanted a general when everyone else has local. A long day: he got there at 8:30am with the sister in law, I took over at 4:30pm and they finally took him down at 7:30pm. 3 hours later he still wasn't back so obviously he was hanging around theatre for a couple of hours too. I had to get away at 11pm to get the last train and he still wasn't back, but at least they had a nice private room for him when I left! 
    I tried to talk him into having a local as he would have been home mid afternoon. 
    Even so, it's a long time to wait.

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics yes love love love this
    alehouse, this park run is a least a couple  of  mins slower than my others.  It has one hill, nothing terrible but its 3 loops round a massive sports field, some people hate it.  I quite like and am enjoying seeing my time come down on this one!  Ridgeway is 9.5 miles
    SC good running yesterday
    WP I hope your back is easing, what a nuisance!
    Dustin, I would have preferred what your dad had!! Eyes oh no, put me out!!
    What: 4 miles d&d already.
    why: off to my sons for for cuddles, dinner and discussion about Giselle and legal stuff, dreading it
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning all. LMH, yes Sept all refunded as I expected op in October but it came early. I had nothing booked after 24th Sep. Anything I am doing is being booked on the hoof and no more than three weeks ahead as I wait for the next round. Need to get some trips in just to keep sane. :-)
    What: Steady 4 and a bit
    Why: Hills last night re-visiting legs today
    Last hard: First mile last night
    Last Rest: Unknown
    Lyrics: Can't place
    Wabo; enjoy cuddles etc. Ale: enjoy the suite. Dustin..hope your dad is all clear and okay now.
  • Options
    Morning.

I hope your evening has more of the nice bits than the stuff you’re dreading Wabo.

Ah, I see SC - have you decided what you’re going to do about Stroud then?

We each won a glass Alehouse.

Dustin - I think I might have been the same with an eye op though I do usually like to spend as little time as possible in hospital.

It was supposed to get a little cooler and less humid this week but it isn’t happening yet - they are forecasting near record temperatures for the time of year again this afternoon (it was 30C plus yesterday afternoon) and high humidity. We are going to drive to the Pinellas Trail to Run on the old railway bridge over Boca Ciego Bay, looks amazing.

What:            Hot, humid but hopefully happy miles
    Why:             I’m fortunate to be able to run in such a beautiful place
    Last hard:     Thinking about going back to work (I’m trying not to)
    Last rest:       30/9

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    What: badminton later
    why: enough running last 2 days
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: Saturday
    lyrics: no
  • Options
    OH can we evere have enough running? LMH...will do the event at a pace to be decided. Off on holibobls just after so could be last pre-op plod (I hope). Hope the miles are happy
  • Options
    That's what my legs were telling me this morning SC! ;)
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

I dreamt I'd posted...should I start to worry...

What: a mile
    Why: tapering and feel like I'm coming down with something.
    Last hard: getting up this morning, I was still asleep at 7 when I normally start work
    Lyrics: no

Good weekend in London, walked 20 km on Sat and another 15 on Sun.  Then in Sheffield yesterday so another 12 walked...oops

Chick looks like where I work :lol:
    Dustin if it wasn't you I'd say you were exaggerating about the cake, but I actually believe you!
    Well done LMH!  Great work
    WP your comment about the horse made me laugh!  Look after yourself
    SC be careful.  Hope you hear about op soon!
    Wabo well done and enjoy those cuddles
    Ale how's the veg patch looking?

Have a lovely evening all

• Options
    Afternoon

Dustin: I would want to be in hospital as least time as possible but glad Dad is okay.

LMH: Nice prize will it hold wine :-)

Wabo enjoy tonight and hope lots of cuddles make up for the other things!

SC: enjoy your holibobs and hope all goes well for op and race:-)

Em: I hope it is just taper madness but what a bust weekend you had! Glad it made you laugh but so true!!

Back was in agony this morning so changed things around, hot soak in bath and thought try a small exercise bike to see if it loosens back and II felt it did as pain moved and I have done more today than yesterday, then I went back for 45 minutes will know how it feels tomorrow and Sports massage booked for friday well it will be when they get back to me.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Hope all goes well re Giselle, Wabo!

I'm sure SC meant to say that yesterday's lyrics were Flowers in the Rain, The Move...and that it was the first song on Radio 1.

Emz: am moving everything around on the veg plot so yesterday involved demolishing and moving the compost bin plus a couple of mini-green houses. My garage is going to be demolished and be replaced with a garden room and the builders will need access. And not long to your marathon now so I'd back right off!

And off to the fitness suite shortly.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    (GO33 entry in for 4 November, LMH)
  • Options
    You seem to be making the most of retirement and fitting lots more races in this year OH.

Taper madness emzap, you’re going to be fine.

Glad you’ve found something that makes your back feel a bit better Poppy. I haven’t found a glass yet that won’t hold wine
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

sorry to hear about your Dads eye issues and long waits, hope all is now sorted.

What - 5.25m Progressive run (Day 10 of run every day in October its a Ron Hill thing :-))
    Why - Speed work
    Last Hard - Tonight
    Last Rest - 12 days

Take care
  • Options
    Actually less than 2016 which is not surprising considering the down time this year. Still not convinced I'll be fit enough to get to start line of Glen Ogle 33. 
  • Options
    Just checking back ...
    2016/2017
    Ultras 3/(1)
    Marathons 4/2
    HMs 5/3
    10k 2/3
    so definitely less this year