Options

Sunday 15th October 2017 When I get me moped out on the road

Morning!

Lyrics (for which I apologise): When I get me moped out on the road I'm gonna ride, ride, ride!

Couldn't think of anything else Brummie marathon related: enjoy Emz!

And go well any other racers out there.

What: probably fitness suite.

Just back from a uni sports' dinner. Main speaker was a blind football and judo guy: if he can you certainly can!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Thanks ale.

Managed to sleep from 10 to 4.30, not bad. Cold no worse, having a lemsip with my breakfast.  Stomach feels wobbly but I know it's just nerves.

Start at 9:30, would like 4 hours as A goal, 4:29 as B and finish as C (overall pb, post accident pb). Let's see how it goes!

Have a good day all.
  • Options
    Morning

Em: Good luck we will be  looking forward to race report later:-)

What: Short run
    Why: because I can
    Last hard: Still in pain from work on the treatment table it does come and go
    Lyrics: Yes

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Quiet today!

Looking forward to reading all about it emzap.

Sounds promising Poppy.

Exhausted after overnight flight with little sleep or food so won't be running today.

I do know the lyrics.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Afternoon all. Sorry for not posting earlier but WiFi very patchy in the cottage and my mobile bandwidth was used up. So, some enforced digital detox.

We hiked loads, did some nice long MTB tours and a couple (well two) hilly 6k runs. No further rain but first couple of days were rather cold. Yesterday summer came back and its 22 degrees. Back home now.

Hope you had a lovely holiday, LMH.

And hope your marathon went well, em.

Rest day here. A three hour drive ended up being five hours due to traffic jams. Bags are unpacked and we're enjoying the late summer sunshine B)
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    howdie
    Been busy all weekend, so a quick summary:
    Yesterday, race one of the Hampshire league XC.
    Went out hard, and hung on. 160th of 246 and 40.17 for the 6.1mile course, so around 6:50s. 90s faster than last year. Only lapped by two. Pleased to get 6th race in 7 weeks out the way. A few non race weeks now!
    (Club Mile race, Hampshire Road Relays, Southern Road Relays,  Basingstoke Half, Southern XC & Hampshire XC )

Today - 11 miles easy. 
    last rest - Sep 11th
    last hard - yesterday
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Classic 80s night last night for Mrs RFJ's birthday bash.. we were the Eurythmics (see below) , so much fun was had plus a little too much of the liquid nature...

Run to collect car when safe.... 3.75m

Then 4.90m progressive run later to blow the cobwebs away

Rescue sound a good but hard job in bad conditions AH

Take care

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Marathon was a bit of a disaster. Contemplated pulling out at 4 miles. Persevered. Finished in 4:41.  Could not walk after. Don't run a marathon with a cold!  Will report more tomorrow!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that you didn't get what you wanted  Emz! Well touched out on what others have said was a tough course.

Looks fun, RFJ!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.