Options

Wednesday 18th October 2017 - I was hoping we'd make real progress

Morning.

Lyrics - I was hoping we'd make real progress

A bit of a drop in temperature forecast for us today. My long day in work so I'm hoping the heating is working in the room I'm working in!

What:            short and easy
Why:             short of time with dark morning and work stopping play
Last hard:     catching up post holiday
Last rest:      15/10
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no...but appropriate!

What: fitness suite...but unsure whether it will be general fitness of putting big weights through the Achilles

Why: ran 2.7k last night with walk breaks punctuating sections of 200/200/300/300/500/600/600. No pain at the time and no particular discomfort this morning. Seems like progress...but we've been there before!

No work today so looks like more cross training in the form of tree cutting.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Wabo - I can't even begin to comprehend or understand what you're going through, but as LmH has said hopefully the running distracts you for a few moments each day.

What - easy lunchtime, coaching village 5kers tonight
    Why - mangled after yesterday's club set: 5mins 5k pace, 5x1min, 5mins 5k pace, 5x1min, 5mins 5k pace
    last rest - 11/9
    last hard - erm, yesterday
    lyric - nope
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LMH sounds like you had a great run yesterday - so nice when it feels like that.  Hope the short and easy was good, hot flushes means I do not want the heating on I am a furnace lol!!
    Dustin/LMH the running is the best thing, it's why I am trying to get my son out but now with the new baby it's not easy!
    alehouse, great great!! Long may it continue

what: 5k off road later with oh
    why: it's our night :-)
    last hard: sunday really
    last rest: 31/12

Did my tai chi this morning paying attention to when the calves/achilles get stretched.  I need to do it every day it stretches the calves so much!!
    have a good day all.

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    (((Wabo))). LMH, I like the way you just run 15 miles instead of 12 :-). Ale, let's hope it's coming together at last. went out yesterday for 6.5 and ran out of time at work to post then raced back for tkd etc. Hmm The Greek chap is a bit stingy but within physios bounds so
    What: Gentle something
    Why: Will not be out Th/FR
    Last hard: Last mile yesterday
    Last Rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: Nope, but as per Ale's comment, extremely appropriate!
  • Options
    Afternoon

Wabo: big hugs but so glad the running helps!1

SC: well done on 6.5 miles hope Achilles is  okay today.

LMH:I hope the short run was in daylight:-)

what: 10 miles!
    Why: new shoes said lets see what we can do
    last hard: back but getting easier
    Lyrics: Maybe so a no

I wanted to get 10 miles in before Sunday as last time would have been Lake V at beginning of September and I was over the moon to achieve it. Onwards and upwards:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    5.7 in 9.20's PE seemed ridiculously high but survived. WP hope your enjoyment of 10 miler was greater than my crawl. Two days off now.
  • Options
    Enjoy the days off SC.

Sounds like progress Alehouse.

It was Poppy but that's part of the reason I didn't have time for more - have to wait for it to get light before I can walk Grace. Great to see you back in double figures.

That sounds like a very hard set Dustin.

Wabo - I never seem to get hot flushes when I'd appreciate them. Mind you I was surprised to find that I was running faster whilst on holiday than I am here, I obviously adapt to the heat and humidity even better than I thought.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Evening! 

The Man United game reminds me that it is time OL popped in with an update! 

What: settled for general fitness in the suite

Why: will go for the leg presses tomorrow before seeing the physio on Friday. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.