Options

Friday 20th October 2017 ...my love is gone away

Morning!

Lyrics:  ...my love is gone away
The bottle stands forlorn a symbol of the dawn

Late start: was fiddling around trying to cancel the milk which apparently has to be done online only. No longer can you put a note in the bottle!

What: whatever the physio suggests

Why: physio appointment

Ironing. Packing. Get euros. Haircut?
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LMH the show was called ballet black and was amazing, great night!
    CHicksta hope work eases
    alehouse I think you could teach your dance moves in Ibiza, get yer hair cut!!
    Re the Go Fund Me link, I have had to pause it, we hit a target that paid for the stem cell  collection, storage etc and some for Conductive Ed classes.  The solicitor advised to hold on while she checks out legal aid and go fund me so that's what we have done - it's all to do with giselle suing the NHS and if you read what I am reading she will win.  I am the litigation friend of Giselle hence why it all comes through me. Anyway enough of that - thanks Chick but the link is open to read but not for donations.

What: little mile and tai chi
    why: being ever so sensible, did 3 last night and legs felt really good!
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12

have a great weekend all park run in the morning see what I fancy Sunday
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Tired by Adele and I think chicksta was correct and I'd probably used them recently so I thought I'd let someone else start the thread as I'm running out of ideas.

When do you go away Alehouse?

Thanks for explaining about the Go Fund Me link Wabo - please let us know if you do need help again.

I'm going for a functional movement assessment this afternoon, my physio has been trying to get me to do some strength work for a long time and I've run out of excuses with no race in the pipeline (didn't want to do anything that may have compromised my running when I had target races). I'm not keen but I'm trying to keep an open mind. Will be interesting to see what he thinks I suppose.

What:          short and easy
    Why:           staying ahead of the black dog
    Last hard:   getting out of the door
    Last rest:    15/10

Lyrics - feel that I should but can't say that I do.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning again!

I should have got yesterday's lyrics, LMH, and I would be pretty sure you know today's, especially as there are clues!

Flight is a respectable 10 a.m. tomorrow but looks like the first part of the journey may well be subject to strong winds. Hope they have blown away by the time the GSR starts, for those pinning a number on!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: rest
    Why: first day I've been able to eat properly since marathon
    Last hard: this week
    lyrics: yes

Had a bad week.  Cold, followed by chest pains which turned out to be a combination of reflux and inflammation of rib cartilage from cold agh.  

Hoping to parkrun in Cambridge tomorrow, but will see how I feel and plod round if necessary.

Sounds like the fundraising went well Wabo, yes shout if you need us!

Have a good day all.
  • Options

Ugh, that doesn't sound good, em. Probably better to rest this weekend rather than parkrun ...

LMH: Sounds interesting - if your speed is anything to go by your functional movement must be pretty good IMHO :)

wabo: Ah, I see. Fingers crossed you guys emerge the winner of the lawsuit.

What: 5 miles
    Why: felt like it
    Last hard: realising that this is my "long run"
    Last rest 5/8
    Lyrics: yes

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lyrics oh my goodness yes!!!
    emzap take care
    thanks all re go fund me
    Chicksta I really think we must win tbh but I do get scared!
    GSR is this weekend, well they don't need any extra wind that's for sure!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Afternoon...or possibly evening!

Ironing, packing, haircut completed. Saw physio and we agreed that I should see the consultant again...I had already booked the appointment! There is progress with the Achilles, but not as much as expected: it is now four months. Although it is difficult to know what to expect in terms of timescale for an Achilles that is old, like the rest of me! 

2.4 miles run at 90% bodyweight in 15 minutes including warm up and down: most done at 5 minute miling!

More glute strengthening stretches to be added.

Hope it isn't too windy up in the sky tomorrow!

• Options
    Hope you have a calm flight Alehouse. Sorry to hear that the achilles isn't healing as quickly as hoped.

I wish chicksta, apparently my left side is pretty rubbish, knew this about the shoulder obviously but it extends to my glute and hamstring too and both my knees are knackered - but that's not news. I couldn't do most of the exercises he initially suggested as they cause pain in the bad shoulder, lower back or my knees. Not sure if I'll take it any further, if I want to I'll have to book in for a one to one session so he can devise some exercises that I can do.

emzap - like chicksta I think that resting would be a much better idea, or maybe a gentle walk.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    LMH: these things can be an eye opener. I always thought I run marathons so I'm fit but boy was I wrong. If only I'd started proper strength and mobilty training a few years ago my back would probably be in a much better state ...

• Options
    The glute exercises I have been given are also aimed at improving style...and I thought mine was reasonably efficient. If only I had also started proper strength and mobility training years ago...or rather had kept doing the strength and mobility training that I did in my twenties when the main event was steeplechase, and it is hard to hurdle without a fair degree of mobility. Worth persevering with, LMH
  • Options
    19.5 completed today, slowly but that was the plan.
    why: last minute ultra training!
    last hard: that was
    last rest: Monday (but tomorrow will be a run free day)
    lyrics no

My haircuts don't take me long these days!
    (and to be honest haven't done for some time!)

Another interesting dog experience this week No danger to myselself this time.
    Running around the footpath section of my usual loop when I passed a dog walker (who might have been a notable local figure and certainly no runner) with an unleashed white Scottie.
    The Scottie ran ahead keeping about 20yds in front pausing only to yap at me. I thought no more of it thinking he would return to his master soon. However no, he kept going maintaining his distance in front of me. I tried walking to let him get back to no avail. I ran off the footpath onto the grass verge to no avail. He maintained his distance in front of me.
    He was not deterred by 2 groups ahead one with dog speeding on past. No matter he will stop at gate I thought, but no he nipped under the gate and on through the cross paths continuing along the track. By this time he was a good half mile ahead of his owner.
    At the end of the track, he was no where to be seen, but I caught sight of him alone along the new road as I continued along another road. I felt guilty but what could I do. Hope he met up with owner again!
  • Options
    1650k for 2017 and have handed my homework in, AH! ?
  • Options
    Thank you OH. 
    Sent from HM.