Options

Friday 27th October 2017 - Whatcha tryin' a do to my heart?

Morning.

Lyrics - Whatcha tryin' a do to my heart?

Don't forget the clocks Wabo!

I expect you'll appreciate the extra hour on Sunday RFJ:-)

I'd love to have a go but it's a bit of a drive from here SC - and a bit on the cold side for me at the minute.

What:             short and easy
Why:              Friday generally is
Last hard:      getting up
Last rest:       15/10

Yesterday's lyrics - No Wheels Blues by Chris Rea.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: unpacking and preparing house for unexpected visitor. Oh only gets home tonight from his business trip (we coordinated well!) So will be domesticating alone!
    Last hard: I expect today will be. I'm quite tired still
    Lyrics: nope

Well done on streak rfj

Have a good one all
  • Options
    Morning,
    Sorry been MIA just no time at the moment:-(
    Chick that looks nasty
    Wabo have a great time this weekend:-)
    SC  What race was that?

What: a run
    Why: because I can
    Last hard: Not running yesterday as no time
    Lyrics Nope

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning!

Very misty! You wouldn't know there were houses on the other side of my road! Hopefully this means the sun will come through later.

Lyrics: no

What: a "run" when the mist lifts

Why: seeing doctor friend this pm as he is not well...and he will look at my Achilles post run

I hope the car passed ok, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Looking forward to holibob and some sun post pr tomorrow. Chicksta...not sure to what post you refer to or when. Last race was Bisley 10. DNS Stroud as got sensible. That should be fun Emz!!! RFJ enjoy. Ale, hope the mist lifts soon and Achilles behaves like a good little warrior.
    What: Something
    Why: Want to
    Last Hard: Remembering to take everything to the tip before work, leaves, barbed wire batteries...
    Last Rest: Yesterday allegedly
    Lyrics..nope
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Thanks for good luck, I'd be fibbing if I said I'm not nervous! Feel all stuffed up again, things ache!!!
    SC have a good holiday
    Alehouse have a great run
    Poppy enjoy your run
    Emzap take care
    Have a nice short and easy lmh, I feel that extra hour will be well placed this weekend!!

What 1 gentle mile done
    Why saving it for tomorrow
    Last hard this morning, ish
    Last rest 31/12
    Ta ta all have a good weekend of for  a nice breakfast now
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Wabo : I would start taking a few lemsips as a precaution.I did this pre GSR as I was feeling like a cold was coming and it stayed away still lingers but all okay.

7 miles for me very very slow but miles in the bank and very cold heating has gone on till I have had hot bath and dressed!

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Morning again! 

Plenty of hash browns and toast with that carb loading breakfast, Wabo!

Thought the mist had lifted but when I got to the river I couldn't see the other side, and you don't need a ferry across where I am! And it was cold: gloves on, as is the heating.

What: 500m, 500m, 1k, 500m with 1 min walk between each part, so 2.5k in 14:48...my 5k pb!  And I needed the walk breaks because of lack of fitness not the Achilles.

Why: a pre-doc test

Where, SC? Enjoy the heat when you get there!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Straycelt said:
    Looking forward to holibob and some sun post pr tomorrow. Chicksta...not sure to what post you refer to or when. Last race was Bisley 10. DNS Stroud as got sensible. That should be fun Emz!!! RFJ enjoy. Ale, hope the mist lifts soon and Achilles behaves like a good little warrior.
    What: Something
    Why: Want to
    Last Hard: Remembering to take everything to the tip before work, leaves, barbed wire batteries...
    Last Rest: Yesterday allegedly
    Lyrics..nope

SC: now I'm confused ...  I think it was poppy who asked something about a race - definitely not me :)

ale: Doctors aren't supposed to be unwell :)

Hope you have a good one, wabo.

My sore throat was gone yesterday and today I wake up with a chesty cough, bypassing the runny nose stage. Odd ...

On a positive note: dressing changed for a smaller one. Wound looks OK, finger is black and blue but that's par for the course.

What: another rest day
    Why: Cleared to run ( :+1: ) but finger still hurting quite badly and coughing too so better rest for another day.
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: today
    Lyrics: no 

• Options
    Sheer muppetry on my part Chicksta. Must focus, must focus, now where's my kit? :-)

• Options
    It did thanks Alehouse. Needs some work doing but that's under warranty, something about a leaking wheel cylinder? The man on the phone was most patronising and didn't deign to actually explain to me what it was and why it would have happened in just one wheel of a four year old car - just kept telling me 'not to worry, it's fine to drive'. A good job we weren't in the same room. A misty start here too but it had just about cleared by the time I'd walked Grace.

It's a pain when life gets in the way of our running Poppy.

Hope the unexpected visitor doesn't cause you too much stress emzap.

Enjoy your holiday SC.

Hope you had a safe and stress free journey Wabo.

Good that you have the all clear to run already chicksta, hope the cold shifts quickly.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick glad finger is better but still sounds very painful. Hope your chest eases too.

Lmh how patronising.

Wabo good luck!