Morning.

Lyrics - The sun rises slowly

Sounds like progress emzap.

How are you Alehouse?

What:           short and easy
Why:            went long yesterday
Last hard:    staying warm
Last rest:     15/10

Yesterday's lyrics - Firework by Katy Perry.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Thanks for asking, LMH. In a word, fedup. Will be back later to explain!

What: not a lot

Why: too much discomfort 

Trying to stay positive and a few days rest may help the various parts recover.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Oh dear, that doesn't sound good Alehouse.

It is really cold here this morning - I had an extra layer, hat and gloves on for Grace's walk and am just defrosting before getting ready for my run. Lots of kit required I think!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - quite right, opened the door and went straight back into get gloves. Light frost on some of the cars down the road. London Town however is bright and sunny (if a bit 'crisp')
    Ale - eek
    What - easy lunchtime miles
    Why - routine
    last rest - 11/9
    last hard - Saturday
    lyric - not sure 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Alehouse, sorry to hear you're fed up :-(
    Dustin enjoy, be nice and light and sunny lunchtime!
    LMH, -1 as I scraped my car this morning hope the short and easy was good
    worried about alehouse

what: nothing yet, a mile or two later I think
    why: it just didnt happen this morning
    last hard: snowdonia and every run since!
    last rest: 31/12

legs are good though so that's ok
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Beautiful if chilly day here, also, and unfortunately I can't take advantage of it!

As some will know, saw the emergency dentist on Saturday who found an infection where the tooth was extracted. He cleaned it up and dressed it but would not comment on the pains in the back of my head as he only does mouths.
    So yesterday went to an emergency walk-in GP service. The guy was concerned about the pains in my head but I was rather surprised when he said that I had damaged where the trapezoid muscle in the back attaches to the back of the head: slight damage on the right hand side, greater on the left. Said apart from taking ibruprofen and ibruprofen gel there was not a lot  that could be done and it may well take 4 to 6 months to recover. He was not concerned about low peak flow and lots of catarrh.
    Spoke to my own GP this morning and I saw the asthma nurse. She took peak flow and listened to chest and am now on antibiotics which should help both the phlegm and tooth issues. To make another appointment in a week or so re trapezoid/occipital neuralgia or whatever the other issue is if it hasn't settled.

Obviously the latter will impinge on cross training i.e. the cross trainer and the rowing machine, but should be ok tomorrow on exercise bike, single leg presses and most stretches. And will run/walk later in the week, possibly on the anti-g treadmill.

These things are sent to try us! Onwards and upwards!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Blimey you're in the wars Alehouse! I hope you're getting it all out of the way in one go.

More than a light frost here Dustin.

Did you race at the weekend Wabo?
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    That's a positive way to look at things, LMH! 
    And on another positive note, Monday is usually cleaning and ironing so may well have a rest! Off for a short walk. Hopefully the fresh air will do me some good! 

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    OH Alehouse  poor you hopefully that is the lot for a while
    LMH, no only a mile each day but madly enough I have Tuesday night and Weds night races, oops!!! 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Ale how horrible. I hope you can get everything healed soon

What: running club
    Why: no impact on legs from yesterday's 5km.
    Last hard: keeping warm. Normally I can cope without heating during the day, but I have had to give in today
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely day and enjoy the sunshine if you can
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    just looked back and saw alehouse used morriseys lyrics on Saturday, that song was my song for Snowdonia, how odd is that?  I spent the day in bed, all the way round I sang it, I wonder why???? ha ha 
  • Options
    One of us must be psychic Wabo! Good luck with this week's races! You might need it after Snowdonia! 
  • Options
    I try to be positive when I can't change a bad situation Alehouse, I find I only feel worse otherwise. Do you have any idea how the nerves in your neck came to be affected? I hope that you enjoyed a walk.

You are mad Wabo!

emzap - much colder here than it has been, I think heating has been needed today.
  • Options
    You are right about staying positive, LMH: no point in being anything else!
    Not sure how the neck has been damaged! It has been a weak point for a number of years following twice shearing off the top of the humerus: all the attention was on the humerus but years later, following the crash when someone drove into the back of my car,  the consultant felt that the neck and/or upper spine had been damaged at an earlier stage and facet joint injections followed, to C3/4, if I remember correctly. I can see me going back to him or his osteopath friend!

3 short walks today of around 1k. That was enough! 

• Options
    holy moly, ale :scream: And I thought it's gonna have to do with the tooth.  Wow,  but that sounds pretty serious.  Well done on the walks.

Wabo: 2 school night races....  Rather you than me.

Enjoy club,  em. How that'll warm you up ;)

LMH/Dustin: very cold here too. In love running in these temps.  Too bad today was a self imposed rest day...

Stitches are out.  finger looks still  pretty gross so they put a big plaster on it. Another 10 days before I'm allowed to do yoga and weights again but office work is ok.

what: 45 mins of standing yoga poses
    why: being sensible
    last hard: being sensible
    last rest: 29/10
    lyrics : no

• Options
    That doesn't sound good Alehouse, always an issue when you have a bit of an overshadowing injury. Hopefully it will resolve quickly.

chicksta - I would say 'boo' to be ok to do office work but I expect you're probably quite pleased to be going back?
  • Options
    Yeah, definitely. I'm going crazy at home knowing that the others in my team have to pick up my work :/
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all

alehouse, sorry to hear of the woes, certainly in the wars and hope and pray they ease and clear off as soon as they came.

very icy this morning here in Swindon. Club run tonight was a gloves affair :-) 6.25m done

Take care

• Options
    Getting sorted for NZ, no running today.
    why: fly to Aberdeen Wednesday, leave ??  on Thursday
    (and weather was cr@p)
    last hard: Saturday
    last rest: today
    lyrics: no idea

Hope you get some relief soon Alehouse

• Options
    Chicksta: Good news on the fingy front. Ale: I know they say we're never given more than we can carry. All I can say is you must have a big basket for all those eggs. hang in there. I think you've been through worse just not as much all at the same time. Respect the way you are handling things.
    Back home and it's weird. Seems like I've been away forever and returned to a different life. Oh well the life of the single man beckons :-)
    What: Nowt
    Why: Travelling back and sorting out
    Last hard: Hoe to empty house
    Last rest: WiP
    Lyrics: Nope