Morning all :)

Today's lyrics: 25 years and my life is
trying to get up that great big hill

Yesterday's lyrics were Absolute Beginners,  David Bowie

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Glad you managed a run SC.

Hope you've had a good session at the gym chicksta.

What:           easy miles
    Why:            just running
    Last hard:    I'm aiming to keep life as easy as possible
    Last rest:     15/10

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: something this evening. May try a short run followed by single leg presses.

Why: didn't train yesterday. Felt too rough!
    Have been told to do the leg presses before tomorrow's MRI scan on Achilles. Whilst I'm there I think they should scan the whole body!

How was yesterday's race, Wabo?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Ale: That doesn't sound great. Keep that chin up. LMH enjoy those easy miles. Chicksta what are you doing today apart from waxing lyrical? :-)
    What: Lunchtime run
    Why: Need the miles
    Last Hard: TKD last night. Too much leg work
    Last Rest: Monday I think
    Lyrics: Yes
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    chick I should have known lyrics yesterday and don't know todays
    LMH have a good easy
    alehouse hope you get your short run and stuff done, lets hope the MRI goes well 

Well last nights race I was down for 10k with a 5k option, a club mate bowled up told me I was mad after tuesday night and a marathon to even consider 10k (4 laps).  That was all I needed to hear so I decided just do the 5k, and went out hard (for me) 27.34, good strong run and 1st in my age group (of 4). Couple of easy days now I think
    what: 1 mile this morning done
    why: see above
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12

The year is closing and my year of running is fast approaching!!

Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    LmH - yeah it was tough going on Tuesday but sometimes at XC it rains (and is muddy!) so might as well practice in it!
    SC - easy runs (in the week) are governed by work hours. Usually 5-6 miles, but if I don't need to leave sharpish, I'll sometimes do 7-10 and just work later.

What - easy run, coach the rugrats
    Why - easy into the weekend xc double
    last rest - 11/9
    last hard - Tuesday

• Options
    You are running well Wabo.

Hope the MRI helps to find a way to get you back on the road soonest Alehouse.

Enjoy the lunchtime run SC.

LOL Dustin, that's similar to my comment when people tell me it's too hot/wet/cold to be running - if you live in England and don't run in those conditions when would you......
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    You are running well Wabo.

Hope the MRI helps to find a way to get you back on the road soonest Alehouse.

Enjoy the lunchtime run SC.

LOL Dustin, that's similar to my comment when people tell me it's too hot/wet/cold to be running - if you live in England and don't run in those conditions when would you......

I'd say if you live anywhere in the Northern hemisphere ;) ...

Hope MRI gets you some answers, ale.

wabo: well raced again. Now for some easy days, ok?

SC: Hope you got out at lunch time

I didn't fancy the gym today and ran outside. Plan was 5 miles but then I remembered that I had agreed to get some flowers for a girl at work who just passed some linguistic exams. The flower shop is a bit over half a mile from work and I thought it wouldn't make much sense to stop after 5 miles, shower, change, walk to the shop and back so I ran there and back giving me 6.5 for today.

What: 6.5 miles or 10.5 k in my world
    Why: see above
    Last hard: running with a rather heavy bunch of flowers in one hand
    Last rest: 29/10

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    nice one Chick, yep easy days now! 
    Thanks LMH, it feels good at the moment, I would be speedy if I could shed a stone lol!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wabo well done you are flying

What: 3 hours commute to meeting (v v interesting day) so no time for running
    Why: staying with friends so when I get to theirs it's straight to dinner
    Last hard: the meeting. Incredibly useful but started flagging around 3
    Lyrics: familiar...

Good use of lunch break chick

Lmh I agree about the weather!

Have a lovely evening all
  • Options
    Excellent time planning Chicksta. Dustin a good day at work I could squeeze an eight but no more. Managed a 5.8 today. Weather started poor then just deteriorated into valleys dreich damp and drizzle. Still matched yesterdays overall pace on a slightlier tougher loop :-) Must say Wales is a bit like Scotland but so much warmer even when the weather is less than tropical