Options

Thursday, 16 November 2017 Will you tell me when the lights are fading

Morning all :)

Today's lyrics: Will you tell me when the lights are fading

SC: shame work stopped play yesterday.

Em: that message delay is crazy :o

Debating wether or not to run.  Sensible head says no but I've been sooo sensible lately. It's boring.

Yesterday's lyrics Bryan Adams 18 till I die.

Comments

• Options
    Morning! 

Lyrics: yes

Hope you got to run, Chick! 

What: hope I get to run (plus fitness suite)

Why: seeing consultant for MRI results 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning.

What did you decide chicksta?

Hope you get a run in today SC.

Fingers crossed it's good news Alehouse.

I think I have a tooth abscess but my dentist says that he has 'no funds for NHS emergency appointments' so unless I pay to see him privately I have to wait until the 19th December! I've been a patient for over ten years and he's always seen me within a day or two when I've needed emergency treatment but apparently dentists have no duty of care unless you are part way through ongoing treatment. So I either have to pay to see him which I don't want to do on principle or find another NHS dentist who will see me which is harder as I'm scared of dentists. In the meantime I'm mainly munching paracetamol:-(

What:            easy miles
    Why:             distraction
    Last hard:     hearing my dentist won't see me
    Last rest:      30/10

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    yikes - that doesn't sound like fun LmH. I guess it depends on the cost and if you can stand the wait.
    Re mara training, its more taking ownership for advising the group sessions (Tuesday), will still be with the kids on Thursday
    Stray - I hate it when work stops play too

What - easy run at lunchtime / out tonight
    Why - keeping sane 
    last rest - 11/9
    last hard - Tuesday

• Options

LMH: That's terrible. No funds for emergency treatment and this is the year 2017. Blimey. Hope you can keep it at bay.

Hope you get to run, ale.

No sensible head today. No wind, no rain, no cold, just a little damp so it'd be stupid not to go out for a run. I thought maybe I do just a mile or two, then thought I could do 5k which ended up being 5 miles :D
    Hopefully got away with it. Right now no twinge. Fingers crossed.

What: 5 miles
    Why: wanted to
    Last hard: wrestling with the sensible head
    Last rest: 29/10

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LMH that is so bad!! I have never had that with mine, poor you 
    CHicksta, nice 5 miles, hope sensible head doesn't come back and bite 
    alehouse, hope you got to do what you wanted

what: just a mile later
    why: head ache
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12
    have  a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: 6 km mostly off road
    Why: my new trail shoes arrived today and I wanted to try them out!
    Last hard: running on the road in those shoes, they stick to the tarmac!
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh that is crazy. I can't believe they won't see you for emergency work. 
    Chick fingers crossed all is good
    Ale good luck with MRI results

Have a lovely day everyone
  • Options
    I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed for you chicksta.

Never had this with my dentist either. Called them again this morning to ask about registering with the other dentist in the building (who has a sign up saying they are taking new NHS patients) and what would you know, my dentist decided that he could fit me in as he 'had capacity' today. I wasn't arguing anyway as it meant I was seen. Not an abscess apparently (which I guess is good news) and not sure quite what is causing the pain but most likely culprits are either a lower wisdom tooth that has decided to erupt and is a bit inflamed or a hairline crack in a tooth (though nothing showing on x-ray). Anyway, six monthly check up and scale done and fluoride solution painted on all lower right teeth and fingers crossed it settles down. My dentist was trying to justify not giving me an appointment when I rang yesterday by telling me how he only gets so much NHS budget and has to make it last before trying to talk me into going on to his new plan - £12/month which buys you two check ups (that's a total of £40.60 on the good old NHS) and 20% off any treatment you may need - why would I want to pay that? Obviously we are going to end up with a two tier service with appointments available for private patients not NHS etc but if I am forced to go private I'll probably choose a slightly further away (this one is less than a ten minute walk) and more up to date surgery.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Evening!

Several emergency dentists in my area who work weekends and evenings for the standard NHS price. Hope you are all sorted LMH!

Glad you got out and ran, Chick! And hope the new shoes don't cause problems, Emz!

Just back from MRI results: the good news is that no op is required, which I was dreading would be the outcome. However there are three separate sites showing inflammation, so technically we are trying to treat three injuries at once! Will report more fully when I can read the doctor's handwriting! Will be another month or so with only a couple of short runs a week, but lots (and lots) of weight through the areas to stimulate healing, plus a new series of drills, plus skipping and hopping (not sure that I'm quite ready for those). Physio booked for this time tomorrow. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Glad you managed  to see the dentist, LMH. 

Decent news at last,  ale.  I'm not convinced skipping and hopping are good to fight Achilles tendinitis though.  It's what caused mine as a kid... excessive trampolining and jumping (I was a gymnast then). Took them 3 years and endless cortisone injections to fix it :|