Options

Saturday 18th November 2017 - How many times do I have to try to tell you

Morning.

Lyrics - How many times do I have to try to tell you

Another disturbed night and I woke in the early hours with jaw and head ache:-( I'm hoping a run will make me feel better! Actually I'm hoping that I can manage a LSR as P has been so keen.

What:            LSR with P
Why:             he's really keen
Last hard:     sleeping/sorting or at least managing this tooth pain
Last rest:      last night didn't feel very restful
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Enjoy the long run, LMH!

What: something in the fitness suite

Why: not sure what the something is as I need to plan out a typical week for the next few weeks so that I can fit everything in given the amount of exercises etc that it has been suggested that I do.

Lyrics: no

Was wondering where OL is up to as he was threatening to do the Stockport 10 in two weeks.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Poor you, LMH.  Hope  you managed a run and feel better.

Is your breathing better,  ale?

What: 5k with hubby
    Why: rain stopped play
    last hard: staying  upright  in strong  winds
    last rest: 29/10
    lyrics: yes

Yesterday's lyrics: Mad World,  Tears for Fears
  • Options
    Morning

LMH I hope the LSR with P went well and you are feeling better:-)

Ale: Any news as yet?

Nothing for me again as feeling unwell but lets hope I am back to normal by Monday at the latest ! I hate winter!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Afternoon!

No, Chick,  breathing is still rubbish! Had to sprint for a bus last night and was gasping for air! Generally better than a week ago though.

What: fitness suite saw 10 minutes warm up on the bike, then outside for 500 metres gentle run x 4 with half a minute or so walk break. Then calf raises with both straight legs and bent followed a new series of drills. Back in the suite for another 10 minutes on the bike. Glute strengthening work and then had had enough! Will take a long time once I have built up the volume!

Why: following consultant and physio's directions.

Glad you got out again, Chick! And hope you do soon, WP!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Get well soon Poppy.

Glad you managed a run chicksta.

Sounds like a full time job Alehouse! Not good that your breathing is still bad.

I felt much better once we started running and P seemed to enjoy our run too. Milder here today and not as windy as originally forecast which was good.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: a very very wet and cold parkrun. Cycled to station, cycled to park, did a km warm up (I never do warm ups!), parkrun in 25:05 (my watch said 24:59, I obviously didn't hear them say go!), then cycle back to station and then home.  Couldn't feel my hands by the time I got back, was soaked through.
    Why: I asked myself the same thing
    Last hard: running I took it very easy but warming up after was definitely hard
    Lyrics: nope

Wabo hope Giselle is OK today.  
    Lmh glad you had a good run
    Chick out seems to be going well. Ich drücke die Daumen that it continues.
    Ale you need a few more hours to your day.

Have a good one all
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hi all

Hurting and aching here...... Roundway Revenge today a 7m off road event... more like 7.77m.... 2 massive hills, inc a 11:35m where it was neigh on impossible to get up the hill it was that wet and muddy, tractor tyres would have been better..... got round in 1:06:33. (That was also off the lack of sleep too)

So all ready for Swindon 10k tomorrow... that could be painful despite being flat and on road...

Hope Giselle is OK Wabo

LMH hope you get a better night tonight

Ale - you are having a poor run of it lately, keep head held high

Take care
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya

Sorry LmH for the delayed reply
    Thursday was 16 tempo/4 easy/14 emo which should have read 16 tempo/4 easy/14 tempo and that's minutes (not miles!)
    Around 10k pace so about 2.5 miles/half a mile/2.2 miles

Today - Hellrunner at Longmoor: Around 9.5 miles of mud, ridiculously steep climbs and descents, bogs, water, sand. Usual fun stuff. Ran with 3 others so was a good laugh rather than full beans racing!
    why - Fun fix. 
    last rest - 11/9
    last hard - today