Options

Saucony Sizing

For reasons I won't go into, I need to know how Saucony sizes compare to normal shoes.

I'm a 9, but find I need a 10.5 in Adidas. Would I need a 10 in Sauconys?

Comments

• Options
    SVT
    I think Saucony are a pretty 'normal' size. Adidas are certainly smaller. What make are you a 9 in?

Mike
  • Options
    9-9.5 is my normal shoe size (i.e. smart work shoes). I know that running shoes tend to be a size up or so, so I'd guess I'm a 10 in Saucony.
  • Options
    I'm not sure it's that simple. I've worn Saucony shoes for years and the size I wear varies by model. At present, I am wearing the Grid Jazz 7000 at half a size above street shoe, and the Grid triumph at one size above street shoe. (and I have found Adidas to be small fitting too) Hope that helps a bit
  • Options
    SVT - your still a jammy sod....but my Trigon 1's are in a 10 and so are my work shoes....I'd say I was probably a 9.5 in reality. So either 9.5 or 10 would do....If your only planning on doing shorter distances where your feet won't swell as much then try the 9.5.
  • Options
    Hmmm, dare I trust your advice, Count?!

(But thanks for it anyway! And thanks Ian.)
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    SVT - I have now had five pairs of Sauconys, all different (though all cushioning).

All have been two sizes larger than my normal size, bar one - which was one and a half sizes bigger.

ie normally size 6, Saucony size 8.

My feet are perfect, happy and injury-free,a nd I shudder at the very thought of a black toenail.
  • Options
    SVT - don't worry too much, so long as you don't wear them for two weeks then send them back, I think we'll be able to help you out!

If you were a true Saucony fan, you'd know your size instantly........
  • Options
    A half size bigger than normal shoe size seems to suit me in the trigon/triumph/omni.
  • Options
    So mr Sock a Knee,

Can we have the Swerve LS on a special early import to test then :-) I'm a uk 7-7.5 shoe, and normally take an 8 or 8.5 in runners

:-)

(Aside why do we have to wait months after the Americans get these shoes...)

cheers

djb
  • Options
    David,

That's the only current shoe we're behind on, and that one is due here in late July. If it's any consolation, I've had to order a pair from a retailer in the states to test them out! There's a few online retailers who will send internationally. Check the e-commerce partners on saucony.com.

We've spent a good few hours convincing Saucony Inc that the UK should be able to release shoes at the same time as they do. You'll have noticed styles such as the Trigon 2, Vision and Triumph are now released simultaneously each side of the Atlantic, and often before many other parts of the world.

We're getting a better colour of the Swerve LS too!
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    ahem

Could you try to persuade them to get more suppliers to stock the Tempests, too, please? You'd have lots more netball sales if local clubs and schools could find them more easily.

Oh - and they squeak! Both mine and my daughter's chat to each other when we're wearing them together! I think it's water in a little air space...
  • Options
    We're working on the one Jj. The numbers of stores with the Tempest are increasing. In fact, they'll even be some at the London Marathon Expo! I'll try to put a dealer listing together so we can guide people in the right direction.

Not heard about the squeaking. I'll see if we've had anyone else mention it. At least you won't lose each other in the dark....(sorry, that's not helpful is it?).

Happy Easter all.
  • Options
    While we're questioning Mr Sock-a-knee :

Is the trigon 2 lightweight going to be available any larger than a UK 10 ? (version 1 only went up to UK 10)
  • Options
    It's a bit of a convoluted answer but here goes.

The Trigon 2 was available in US11, but no retailers have gone for it, they only ordered the shoe up to UK10.

I'll confirm this is the case next week, but would recommend that the Responsive is your best bet.

I'll get back to you with the definative answer!
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    What on earth are you doing still at work?

Go on - home now.

Our feet will still be here on Tuesday.

have a good Easter.
  • Options
    my Saucony's have always been the same size as my normal shoes. But then i am naturally weird!
  • Options
    Saucony Uk
    Can you yell me what has happened to the Vision? I got my first pair in the states 18 months ago and became an instant fan even giving up my well loved NB854's But recently I have struggled to get any Vision in a size 9. One shop told me they were being discontinued as they had not taken off in the UK.
    Will I have to plan a trip to the good old USofA to get some
  • Options
    Mr Saucony,

Cheers for the info. I am tempted to order a pair, as I can get them delivered to a friend in the US who is coming over in May. How would I tell my size? what's the nearest equivalent shoe in Saucony that I can try on in my local shop????

I'm an 8 in Brooks, an 8.5 in Adidas. An 8 is Nike Zooms elites and an 8.5 is Structure Triax...

Alternatively I wait for a couple of months :-/

Cheers
    djb
  • Options
    Mr Saucony - apologies for not being a big Saucony fan as yet - I've only been running since July. If it helps, I'm not a big Adidas fan!

Of course, next time I need (or win) a pair of running shoes, I'll know exactly what size Sauconys to get!
  • Options
    rflf - check sportshoes.com and northernrunner.com (0191 241 1111) for stocks of the Vision.

David - I don't know how the Swerve comes up for size, cause I haven't got mine yet! As far as I know it would be similar to the standard Saucony fit, but as it's on a performance last, I can't say for sure.

Meep Meep - the Trigon Lightweight IS available up to a UK11, but you'll have to be quick - if you give head office a call (02392 823664) they can tell you who has it near to you! Hope that helps.