Options

Monday 8th January 2018-It's true, we're all a little, insane But it's so clear now that I'm,

Morning

Lyrics:It's true, we're all a little, insane But it's so clear now that I'm, unchained 

What: Another treadmill run
Why: Ice
Last hard: The weather or treadmill

Have a great day!
ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - All We Have Is Now by The Flaming Lips.

It's better than no running Poppy!

What:             gym and swim
    Why:              it's better than doing nothing
    Last hard:      not running
    Last rest:       7/1

Lyrics - vaguely familiar but can't place them.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all,
    LmH - good to see you are making the best of a bad deal by keeping the cogs whirring , albeit in the gym
    RFJ - well raced by you and the missus at Somerley
    Wabo - How were the County Champs?
    Chick & Don, well done with the respective mileage.
    My week was also quite high, but like Don, last week's LSR was Monday so not sure I can really count that!

Saturday was county XC near Southampton. It's been here for 3 years but was a slightly different course this time. A short starter loop followed by three big laps that take in a boggy field, a boggy, wet field and another field with the odd patch of wet grass between the mud...
    Ran reasonably sensibly: short lap and first lap at 'steady' pace, picked it up a little on lap 2 into lap 3, felt a bit tired but gave myself a stern talking to, so pushed on, and felt (relatively) strongly. 120th out of 186 (better than last year), 53.17 for ~7.2miles and 6th V50.
    Splits 7.21/7.31/7.46/7.22/7.23/7.37/7.12

Sunday - 14.2 easy plus 6 miles easy
    Why - taxi duties meant a split session
    Very very cold , around +3 - had to wear two pairs of gloves. If it gets any colder I may need two layers!

Today - easy run at lunchtime
    Why - need it easy
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - all the weekend

Eldest back up in Leeds now, although I expect her home next month when she waves goodbye to teenage years....

• Options
    Lyrics no
    Maybe run
    Why? It's too cold to sit around house
    Last hard: wooden legs yesterday morning
    Last rest ?
  • Options
    Nice racing Dustin - you make me laugh with your very cold at 3C - it was feels like -5C when I took Grace out this morning!

Gym program and swim completed, nearly time to head to work.

Light a fire OH!
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    It's minus 7 here....  Now THAT is proper cold ;)

Is your heating broken,  OH?

Your training is going really well, Dustin. Good xc too.

Have today off and just came back from a gloriously sunny walk in winter wonderland. 

What: short run and yoga later
    Why: I have time
    last hard: facing the scales this morning
    last rest: 17/12
    lyrics: no
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Lyrics: no

What: the plan was 5k or so

Why: best laid plans etc...ended up with 2k run plus some walking. Have managed to do something to my back which prevented any more. Hope it goes as quickly as it came! A shame as it is a beautiful winter's day. Still some ice in places but it is warm at 3 degrees.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    3C but 40mph wind
    9 miles done including local hill. Plus side was I kept my socks dry (all surface water hard frozen)
  • Options
    Impressive Dustin. Did reasonable 24.01 parkrun Saturday and then mojo went for a walk.
    Ale: Careful. Hot yoga to counteract the cld Chicksta? :-)
    Good motivation LMH
    What: Nowt
    Why: Walking the black dog
    Last Hard: Going to work today:
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Sitting on sofa trying to get out for a few laps of the track but cba. Pre-op tomorrow and too many things preying on my mind :-( Might have a short nap :-)

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    nice parkrun SC

great XC Dustin

Just back from club night, 6.15m at a nice easy pace

Take care