Sunday 18th February 2018 When I find myself in times of trouble

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Training
Morning!

Up early to watch cricket.

Lyrics: When I find myself in times of trouble

What: probably exercise bike

Why: somewhat limited at present!

OH: are you running on your own or with a group? The latter is always easier when struggling.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - My Life by Kaiser Chiefs.

Keep doing what you can Alehouse, not the same and not what you want to be doing but better than doing nothing.

Not good that the new job is interfering with your running RFJ.

What:            LSR/maybe gym this afternoon
    Why:             need the miles, forecast is good/depends on Mark
    Last hard:     having too many good sources of motivation from the thread
    Last rest:      24/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Not when they leave you behind, AH ? Mostly with Elspeth but also alone and attempts with group.

Decided to take the pressure off and forgo Loch Katrine marathon (18 March). Appears to be just quads that are weak. Will try to get back to some longer pool swims and start at the beginning again for running.
    On a positive note, I know the lyrics.
  • Options
    Smart move OH. You can do without the pressure right now.

SC: Damn. Gutted for you :( pacemaker means the end of running, right?

We're off on hols for a few days.  Just a 2hr drive to the North Sea.  I can do with some inhalation therapy to help my asthma. Will likely not run much which is why I did a heavy week this week (62 miles).
    So now I can chill. I must admit that the last week has taken it out of me.  hope long beach walks
    mean good sleep :)

What: 4 miles
    why: short and easy as I went long yesterday
    Last hard: all of last week
    last rest: 17/12
    lyrics: yes
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Morning all and thank you for the support. To answer the questions in no particular order.
    The SVT can occur at any time but usually when exercising. There is no particular speed/time/intensity/rhyme or reason why but due to the "other" condition I have to stop immediately and bring under control. Yesterday I spiked to 248bpm and had two episodes each over 3 minutes before I could drop down. It stops as quickly as it starts but can last for hours in some cases. My EP when discussing the second short circuit told me he could not pass a cigarette paper between the problem spot and my AV node. He could almost guarantee damage and suggested that if it was his heart he would not go for the op unless it was impossible to limit/live with the SVT. 
    With a pacemaker you can actually have them tuned to your lifestyle and many people do run with them. It does radically change your lifestyle having something the size of a battery pack implanted in your body (They are fairly obvious if you look). You need an understanding EP/Cardio to get the gti version and have it tuned up and it does mean constant drugs. After 6 months of angst - two ops - 6.5 hours of surgery and yesterday I am not in the right place to make a ratioal and informed decision so time and discussion with my EP and Cardio will tell. There are many people worse off so I cannot really complain but...
    What: Slow run
    Why: Thinking time/clear my head
    Last hard: Scribing above and seeing it in black and white
    Last Rest: Friday
    Lyrics: Indeed 
    Hope the cricket went your way Ale. Good call OH. Breathe deep and slow and enjoy the break Chicksta. LMH enjoy the run but please don't push too hard too quick. Have a good one.
  • Options
    It's all easy here SC. I have a friend who runs with a pacemaker - a good masters runner too - if it would help let me know and I'll ask him if he is happy for me to pass on his email so you can chat to him about his experiences. I think his biggest gripe was that they wouldn't set the resting HR lower than 60:-)

That sounds like a plan OH.

Enjoy chicksta. I'm beginning to feel very much in need of a holiday unfortunately there isn't anything on the horizon just yet no matter how much I keep asking Mark.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hello

What: lying on the sofa
    Why: slept til 9:30 (unheard of), got up, felt worse than yesterday, lay on sofa
    Last hard: feeling ill
    Lyrics: yes, and I knew ale had set them before I opened the thread :p

SC wow I really feel for you. You're right, take some time to consider your options and talk it through with people

Chick enjoy Nordsee

Rfj hope your big training day goes well

Oh you've been through a lot, take it easy.

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    Get well soon Emz.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that you're feeling worse emzap.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Emz - get well soon
    OH - sounds like a plan
    SC - gutted for you. As you say it will need a bit of thought as to the best way ahead. I can't really help on that score but hopefully you get some clarity from the discussions.

What - 7.5 muddy, boggy trails
    Why - arguably a recovery
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - yesterday
  • Options
    3 rides under the bridge with the tidal flow this morning. Water apparently 2°C.
    Lunch at Birsay Bay tea room followed by walk up Marwick Head. Sunny and clear here.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    SC thanks for the update, sounds like you need time and space for decision making.

Emz - hope you feel better soon

14.4m in two runs today 11.15 and 3.25

Take care