Options

Saturday 24 Feb 2018- ' Singing to Tiny Dancer'

Happy Aussie Saturday morning friends! Long time no speak!

What: 1 hour T2 run (struggling with some hip/hip flexor issues)
Why:   Staffordshire 70.3 in June
Lyrics: 'Singing to Tiny Dancer'

I hope all is well with everyone. I am officially returning to the UK (Birmingham) on the 15th of next month!! So much to share and tell. I think about you guys often and still follow the large majority of you on strava :). Would love to rejoin the group chat and soon I will be on the 'correct' time zone again.

I have some catch up reading to do!
Happy training

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Hazy Shade Of Winter by Simon and Garfunkel. I don't think anyone didn't know them?

Enjoy the National's Dustin.

Anyone else racing this weekend?

Big news Dibs - what's prompted that?

I know what you mean about the swimming Alehouse - I had a warm through in the steam room and sauna after mine!

What:            easy miles possibly with P
    Why:             going out for coffee and cake this afternoon
    Last hard:     keeping warm is going to be hard for the next few days
    Last rest:      24/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning!

Good to hear from you Dibs! 

Lyrics: yes

What: fitness suite for exercise bike and single leg presses for Achilles.

Why: warmer than swimming

Enjoy the nationals Dustin, and the parkrun and wannabe parkrun!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning all. Perishing cold here. Set up was a challenge but got it done and bimbled round safely (26). Rugby fest in store and hope it's better than last night. I crave warmth. How many layers LMH? Enjoy. Hope the nationals go well Dustin. Hello Dibs. How is the progress with the achilles Ale? Any time frame for come back yet?
    What: parkrun
    Why: Saturday
    Last hard: Walking home last night
    Last rest: Yesterday
    Lyrics. Yes 
  • Options
    G'day dibs! ?
    Good to hear from you.
    new Blum job?

what: 29:59 wannabeparkrun (hopefully on comeback)
    swim before lunch
    last hard: not being able to run
    lyrics: no

likely to become official parkrun before summer but not the most northerly UK parkrun: Bressay in Shetland beat us!
  • Options
    Good news SC. By the time I'd done the weekly shop and walked Grace the sun was out so only the merino base layer and warm Ron Hill winter top required, merino beanie came off half way round though gloves stayed on. Lovely out - if cold.

Any progress with your back Alehouse?
  • Options
    Not setting a time frame on returning to running, SC: no point in rushing or dreaming! Occasional niggle from Achilles and am having to work at strengthening it still: won't know how it is until I run on in! 
    Sensible parkrun there!

Leicester v Stoke then fitness suite before the rugby is today's plan!

Walked about 4k whilst watching Burnage parkrun in cool but pleasant conditions: bright sunshine out of an azure sky. That's probably more than we get in the summer round here!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Hey Dibs,  great to have ya back on here.

Sorry to read you're having a rough time Gobi.

Hope em is on the mend

Enjoy the nationals Dustin.

Good news,  SC

Ale: I'm the same re. pool swimming in winter...  I also think that germs thrive in a humid environment so I'm staying away for another couple of weeks...

Well done braving the cold LMH.  It's turned nasty here.  Bitterly cold North-Easterly winds.  The kind that blow right through you and chill you to the bone.  Brrr.

We had such lovely days away at the coast. Cold but sunny and completely still. Ideal running weather but I didn't get much running in...  Instead we walked 10 miles on average every day.  Apart from Monday I ran every day but they were just short runs (1 mile the shortest,  6 the longest).

What: yoga
    why: cannot face this wind
    last hard: realising it's going back to work next week
    last rest: 17/12
    lyrics: yes
  • Options
    Afternoon

Dibs: Great to see you back and coming back to UK hope all is well with you?

What 8.3 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: the cold weather it was biting cold.
    Lyrics: Not sure so a No
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Your week at the coast sounds good Chick; your current weather doesn't!

Well run again WP...but don't build back too quickly!

Change of plan here: such a nice day so dispensed with the gym and went for another short walk.
  • Options
    320m in 2°C today, breezy too - no sauna afterwards (but van heating on full blast!)
  • Options
    Swimming, I take it, OH!
  • Options
    I'm glad you had a good break chicksta. I love being by the sea.

It was nice to be out if you were well wrapped up Alehouse.

It take hours for my hands to warm up after a run OH - and that's wearing gloves etc - so I think I'd need the heating on full blast for a while before I was capable of driving home!

Worse to come I'm afraid Poppy if the forecast is to be believed but as long as it's not icy I guess we'll just have to add more layers!
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

I'm finally on the mend. Ran a very slow mile this morning then walked for about an hour.

Hi again dibs, welcome to the west Midlands :)

Chick your week away sounds lovely.

Have a lovely evening all.

• Options
    For a rugby fan who is Scottish and of Irish descent but living in Wales with a couple of heart conditions..... :-)

• Options
    I do wear neoprene gloves in sea at this time of year!

Enjoyed the rugby tonight!
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome back guys :)

My BF who moved with me back home, is keen to go home and be with his family for a while. That makes sense to me! So although sad to leave home again, excited for a new adventure. I'll start the orthopaedic training programme next year. Ive been working as a Ortho reg for the past 18months, hard work but doable.

It is funny hearing how cold it is! It has been above 30 deg for more than a month here. Today it's pouring with rain but the air is so hot and thick.