Options

Sunday 18th March 2018 - I really can't stay

Morning.

Lyrics - I really can't stay.

Welcome back Dibs.

Still windy here though not as bad as yesterday, about a couple of inches of snow on the ground but not much more forecast so it will hopefully be ok for a run outside today, tomorrow may be different as it's not forecast to get above freezing until 0900hrs so I'm not expecting a thaw, just have to hope it doesn't get compacted and freeze.

What:            hopefully some easy miles outside
Why:             marathon in four weeks
Last hard:     training through this winter's weather has been hard at times
Last rest:      6/3

Yesterday's lyrics - Reap The Wild Wind - Ultravox.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: not today

What: gym and possibly a walk

Why: I say possibly a walk but the pavements yesterday evening were like an ice rink. Not ventured out yet but not seen anyone pass my window, which is unusual as people make their way to the river.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning chaps, what happened out there?

Lyrics: Yes!
    What: A six mile with trackie bottoms not shorts
    Why: Sore head
  • Options
    Morning

It is an ice rink here so no walking or running:-(

What: Wi fitness coach for 75 minutes
    Why: Snow and ice stopped play
    Last hard: Today weather
    Lyrics: Yes I am on a winning streak;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Morning

I have clearly come to the country at the wrong time. How have you guys stayed training sane!

What: 20 min treadie (achillies sore), 1 hour stationary bike (torture)
    Why: Trying to save some fitness until I can train properly again
    Last Hard: Today was very testing.. I hate the treadie, hate my achillies and hate the stationary bike.... mierable much!
    Last rest: 15/04
    Lyrics- Nope

Someone please share the secret to training in this weather!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Dibs - The secret is to just put your big girl pants on and just get out there!
    What - 17 miles through snow and water, taking some of the village lot out after Fleet and Reading both cancelled.
    Why - miles
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - thawing out after today
    lyric - yes, it is. 
    I'd like to say I'm not the idiot in the green....the sensible ones you can see on the boardwalk!

Image may contain one or more people tree outdoor nature and water
  • Options
    I agree with Dustin Dibs - you just need more/the right kit. Sleeping bag jacket and long tights for me this morning (third outing for the long tights this year!) and no chance of any pace but 20 miles run.

Hope you can get out Alehouse. 
  • Options
    Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭
    Crikey, in water as well?!? I am more worried about slipping and falling, than the cold itself. What shoes do you run in, in snow?

I need to rest my achillies again I think. Was sore after only 20 mins on the treadie. A bit annoying because it has been a few weeks now and it's not sore on any other activity. Especially now the count down is on for the next race. I hope it clears up.

Good work on the running though guys! LMH- 20 miles is a LONG way!
  • Options
    It's not an issue when the snow is fresh Dibs, once it's compacted it might be a different story. I ran in my DS Trainers as they have a bit more grip than my Bostons.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hi all

agree, running on fresh snow is quite safe for me, 8.25m this morning, should really have prepared better and taken fluids with me and I would have stayed out longer, but didn't expect to enjoy it as much, 3.75m on the treadmill this afternoon too and legs were very tired after this mornings snow run.....

Good to see you leading the line Dustin

Take care
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Snowed in again today and half marathon cancelled so win-win. 
    What: Walk down to town for provisions
    Why: Run out and need some exercise
    Last hard: Walk back up the hill
    Last rest: Last Wednesday
    Lyrics: I can't really say