Options

Tuesday 3rd April 2018 - It's nice here with a view of the trees

Morning.

Lyrics - It's nice here with a view of the trees

RFJ -glad you and Mrs RFJ enjoyed the race.

Hope the paracetamol helped if you decided to take some Alehouse. Fitness suite today?

Sounds like a packed day OH.

I have a sore throat and swollen glands, left knee is a little swollen and I woke in the night with a pain in the bottom of my left foot (I guess from running on the treadie) so I must be tapering.

What:           easy miles
Why:            I may go mad if I don't
Last hard:    finding somewhere dry to run may be hard
Last rest:     6/3

Yesterday's lyrics - Bank Holiday by Blur.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Paracetamol made little difference, unfortunately.

What: as LMH predicted, fitness suite

Why: Pilates routine in the main
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Flooding here in places, plenty of place for AOH to swim. Sounds like LMH an AH you both need medicinal compounds today, do hope things improve.

No run or gym activity, taking my girls to London today and they don't know they are secretly getting on the Eurostar to mouse land, they are now the perfect age for it and have always assumed it would never happen. Going to keep them guessing for as long as possible unti they realise. Packed my garmin and shorts in case a chance to run there comes up in the week.

What: Trains
    Why: Places to get to
    Lyrics: Well I pondered, tried singing them out loud to the toaster and then came to the regrettable conclusion that I don't know.

Have a good week chaps.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Bon voyage, La Famille Benjy!

Wabo: any results, Spurs apart, to report?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Have a great trip Benjy
    LmH - sounds like taper symptoms to me!

What - club set , 5x600s although after the lsr yesterday I'm not sure how fast these will be
    Why - schedule
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - weekend's miles
    lyric - not sure I do
  • Options
    That's what I thought Dustin. I'm just back from walking the dog and feel awful, going to have to change my mindset with my clothes and get out there for a magical mystery tour, lots of flooding.

Hope you all have a lovely time Benjy.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Benjy: have a fantastic time. LMH: just taper madness starting. Ale: Hope you are out of the woods soon Dustin, good miles going on there.  Weekend a bit of a blur of food, entertaining, alcohol, cinema and some running. Post op pb at parkrun Saturday 24.43, relaxed Saturday night due to wine consumption so lazy recovery day Sunday and half decent 7 miler on Monday along a very flooded riverside run. Couple of races coming up, well runs faster than normal, so building decent mileage carefully. Well done Mrs RFJ and RFJ. OH looks like you are having a bit of an adventure.
    What; 6-8 depending if I have a buddy or not
    Why: Need the miles
    Last hard: Staying awake at friends' on Sunday evening thanks to Saturday night :-)
    Last Rest: Easter Sunday
    Lyrics: Nope
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LMH certainly sounds like taper madness, let's hope so
    alehouse sorry to hear you're in pain :-(
    I did my first 10k V60, came first lol only two there! Not a bad run for me I felt really good and strong but tired in the last mile.  Not done the right kind of mileage so all in all very happy.  My daughter her OH and the two girls came along, I high fived them the last time I ran past and missed Lyla! Jodie said all day she was saying, nanna high five, lyla  no, bless!
    And Spurs, just wow.  Happy enjoy it while it lasts...
    Benjy how wonderful!!! Wow they will be so excited, have a great time
    Dustin enjoy the club session sounds good
    SC hope you have your buddy, sounds like a good weekend you had

What: 2 miles done this morning
    why: baby sitting this evening
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a great day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Nice age cat win, wabo :-)

Benjy: That's such a lovely idea. Bet you're bestest dad in the whole wide world today. Have fun.

And well done Mr and Mrs RFJ

LMH: Swollen glands don't sound good :(. Hope it's short-lived and that the general crap feeling is indeed taper madness.

SC: Nice post-op parkrun PB

Thought I'd posted my run yesterday but seems I haven't. D'oh. So it warmed up and I went for a 90 minute off-road run, with no Garmin. Felt quite liberated.

Raining today, so gym it was. I thought I should test if I'm back to where I used to be before I got injured and did a 45 min 10k on the TM. It's probably woefully miscalibrated but the run was proper hard. At least I got a good workout in, even if the time is to be questioned :smiley:

What: 7 miles on the TM, including a tempo 10k
    Why: see above
    Last hard: that
    Last rest: 18/3
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

Sorry been AWOL went to Llandudno for the weekend visiting castles and doing quite a lot of walking.  Got 2 short runs in as well.

What: a mile
    Why: legs were sore after the windy runs and a lot of walking at the weekend
    Last hard: the 3.5 km I did on Sunday
    Lyrics: nope

RFJ where was the Beaconsfield trail?  I grew up there!
    Ale hope the back eases soon.
    LMH feel better soon
    Weather also awful here
    Last proper week in this job, it's getting scary now...

Have a lovely day all.

• Options
    Well done Wabo.

chicksta - a sore throat and swollen glands are pretty common for me though I'd like to think that a few days of shorter runs and not being at work would have perked me up rather than wearing me out. If the treadie had been calibrated to show that you were slower you'd have believed it so celebrate the 10k time:-)

Will your new job involve less travelling emzap?
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    10.6k done and dusted (Alone) May go to track for a loosener later. 5k hereford summer series one tomorrow night.  Chicksta, your treadie 10k was faster than my run on Friday. Good effort
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys :) I'm secretly chuffed as bit as I only started proper training  again in November after a year and a half off and I'm a plodder by default... Nice to know there's another gear hidden somewhere.

Did you sign up for the 5k series,  SC?

Em: will you have time off inbetween jobs?
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Yes Chicksta...we have to sign up for the series and I shall be doing this and the next one but will miss the June one through holiday.
    Went to club for a look at how they train and joined in for a few slow and steady miles
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    LMH - get well soon

Wabo - well done, great racing

Thanks all :-)

Easy treadmill run here as a recovery 5k

Take care all