Options

Tuesday 10th April 2018 When the world is on your shoulder

Morning!

Lyrics: When the world is on your shoulder
Gotta straighten up your act and boogie down

What: gentle fitness suite this evening

Why: awaiting consultant feedback on yesterday's MRI scan on back. Was a particularly painful night after he had poked and prodded it!

Today sees a different and more important consultant: prostate cancer check up. 

Have a good day!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning chaps! Daughters had a fantastic time at Disneyland, food is all burgers and chips, not an apple or tangerine in sight. Luckily took second suitcase just full of apples, porridge pots etc. Managed a six mile whilst there, but nothing compared to usual week. Slipped an 8 mile in when got back, had itchy feet to run. Need to get my 13.1 in, it is coming down in stair rods here so doing that mid-morning and it will be wet.

Hope everyone is ok, sorry to hear a painful night AH, hopefully the results will compensate that.

What: 13.1
    Why: VLM approaching 13.1 needs doing
    Food: Anything but burgers and chips
    Lyrics:Yep
  • Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - 9-5 by Dolly Parton.

I really hope that you can get some answers and your back fixed soon Alehouse. Hope today's appointment is positive too.

It's cats and dogs here too Benjy but one advantage of the taper is I can only do a few miles anyway. I'm leaving it a little while to see if it eases but may resort to the treddie as it's very wet underfoot too. I'm worried about tweaking something though. Well done for thinking of taking some healthy options away with you. I usually get funny looks for doing that but I can't live on rubbish for more than a day or two at most, it makes me feel awful. 

What:             either ark building or a short and easy run
    Why:              it's very wet/taper
    Last hard:      tapering
    Last rest:       6/4

Lyrics - familiar but I can't name that tune.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Gobi - yikes, hopefully you heal quickly and are soon back on the bike. I never realized you and RFJ have a "Mr Bump" competition though...
    Benjy - sounds a good break and hope you get your 13 in.
    Don - that is a long break, on the plus side , more running time!
    SC - Loving the Boston mix up!

What - club session, just 3x1600s with 800 recoveries around 5k pace
    Why - keep the legs churning
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - not over reacting to every niggle and twinge
    lyric - vaguely familiar

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Glad the girls enjoyed themselves, Benji! When will your last long run be?

And soon time to back off, Dustin!

Latest Sportsshoes discount code is YHN9, courtesy of Great Run Local: 10% off plus free delivery.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Fingers crossed for positive results, ale.

And hope your consultant appointment went well, Gobi.

Great to see Ollie popping back in.

Benjy: Glad you and the girls had a great trip.

Hope the rain clears, LMH.

It's still sunny here B) but a very cold North-Easterly is blowing. Went to the early bird spinning class at 6:30 today o:) - that was done by 7:15 so I had time and went out for a 6 mile run. Luckily I had a spare set of gear with me as I was soaked in sweat at the end of my class :) . I had no legs for the first 1 or 2k and totally understand why triathletes have to practice brick sessions. Soon settled into a decent rhythm though and felt fine.

BTW, there were indeed two blokes using the 100m indoor running track at the gym today :grin:

What: see above
    Why: seemed like a good thing to do
    Last hard: hill sprints on the bike were
    Last rest: 18/3
    Lyrics: no

• Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Get well soon sick, ill and injured of the parish. It's been a big bench this last year. Benjy: 13.1 this close? Love the second suitcase :-)
    Hope taper madness holds back on everyone doing VLM. 
    I have DOMS this week for the first time in years. That;'s what the good old downhill overstretched quads can do. Niggled yesterday and peaking this morning. 
    What: Easy miles, no more than five
    Why: Need the miles but hurting
    Last hard: Walking this morning
    Last Rest: Thursday
    Lyrics; Indeed
    Hope the rain stops soon :-(
  • Options
    Keep it easy SC.

Nice use of time there chicksta. I am always soaked through after a spin class too.

Hope the consultant doesn't have more bad news for you Gobi.

I know where you're at with the niggles Dustin.

The advantage of tapering is that I had time to wait out the weather so I managed a dry run, well, I wasn't getting rained on anyway, lots of standing water.
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

ale, hope all goes well today.

Dreadful run this morning, stopped and walked several times, just had no energy.  Definitely something working on me.  Will take tomorrow off and go to the club session on Thursday, I’m sure I’ll be back to normal by then.  Nice wee family social to go to today - I’ll be designated driver as no boozing at the mo.

lyrics, nope! 

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Prostate consultant went as expected: back in 6 months.

And back consultant booked for MRI results: Saturday pm.

Hope you are not in to much pain Gobi and that the consultant could suggest ways forward.

Don: will try not to have the beer that you are currently not drinking...but might be tempted!
  • Options
    Maybe a consequence of racing when you weren't well Donaldo? Hope you feel better soon whatever the cause.

I hope there's good news on Saturday Alehouse.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    hahaha Dustin - I dont fall over running :)

the hits keep coming

As feared I also have 2 broken ribs and bruised lungs to add to my list.

best part of 3 months for ribs to heal

See you in 2019 as they say