Options

Friday, 13 April 2018 - come up to meet you

Happy Friday :)

Today's lyrics: Come up to meet you
Tell you I'm sorry

Yesterday's were The B52s Love Shack

Will decide what to do after coffee. I ache all over from that Re-Lates thing ... See how the legs feel when I run. Right now they hurt, especially the quads so deffo no gym today.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

So I did know yesterday's lyrics. Hope your aches ease quickly chicksta - maybe a swim? I'm a little battered and bruised from my physio's not-so-tender ministrations and it's pouring with rain here again this morning so a warm pool is quite appealing, though I doubt I'll actually take that option myself.

Great picture OH and nice double.

Staying at home then Ollie? Should make life a little easier?

What:           short and easy/carb loading
    Why:            the day cometh
    Last hard:    not running London
    Last rest:     6/3

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: just a mile today
    Why: rest-ish day and lots to do
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Lyrics: yes :)

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Morning!  Good session last night, lots of short sprints.  12 x diagonals on a football field first, with a breadth recovery, followed by 12 x 100m track reps (sprint the straights, jog the bends).  It's a nice change to get legs moving at a serious pace!  

Lyrics, yes, a 2-day streak ?
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

First day of the cricket season....so it is pouring. No surprise there. The webcam shows small lakes on the outfield!

What: unsure

Why: was planning to watch cricket. May go to the fitness suite instead.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Ale - yes I do wonder how many balls will get bowled today. Wickets may be OK but i imagine many an outfields will still be sodden.
    Don - tough set. I do the 100s in part 2 similar to you but only usually 6, 8 or 10!

What - very easy 
    Why - fully in taper mode
    last rest - 15/12 although yesterday was barely 2 miles at v slow pace
    last hard - Wednesday
    lyric - not sure
  • Options
    Got bad second day doms in legs from leg press machine from Wednesday. Did a 7 to run them out yesterday, still lingering. Taking eldest daughter swimming this morning, or more she is taking me, her diving in pool last night at club was a bit sloppy so we are going to work on that and she is going to work on me and help me with my turns after lengths (flip over and twists) as I'm really sloppy at them and she is really good. She also has 2k badge to train for Sunday morning when I'm doing VLM. Logo design this afternoon then teatime pints of cooking lager at local.

AH/SC: You are quite right, need to ease off now.
    LMH: Your pool may be warm, ours is freezing, you have to swim and keep moving to survive

What: Swimstuff
    Why: Help each other with techniques
    Lyrics: Hmmm.... Want to say yes, but don't think it is what I think it is... so no.
  • Options
    I could swim round my running routes at the minute Benjy - not nice out there - hope you and your daughter enjoy your time at the pool. Ours is warm because it's aimed at 'spa' clients rather than gym goers, you need a cooler one if you're doing proper swimming as it sounds like you are.

Seriously debating a rest day, it's not pleasant out there and I'm not sure quite how much good going out for four miles is going to do me............difficult one for me though.

How is your back today Alehouse? Hopefully feeling a little better if you're contemplating the fitness suite.

That's a long time without a rest day Dustin but you seem to be thriving on it.

How many days until the big one emzap or have you not got close enough to count like that yet?

I take it you're feeling better then Donaldo?
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Back does indeed feel a little better, LMH, but it is definitely not right! The fitness suite will just be more gentle exercise bike work plus glute stretches. Nothing that will impact on the back.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    By big one I presume you are talking about the w word lmh?  It's 7 weeks away and between then and now we are away for 3 of them!  I'm going away twice, having a house full for a weekend for Eurovision and starting a new job before then...I like being busy, but I think I've taken a bit too much on this time!

Don that's a tough session!
    LMH well done for being sensible.
    Think I may be swimming round parkrun tomorrow if I go!
  • Options
    I did emzap - sounds as though the time is going to pass quickly!
  • Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    So much for the long run. Just one mile today. Legs not playing.
    Time for a recovery day or two.
    Next month's Glen Lyon 50k looking unlikely.

No sympathies over pool temperatures, Benjy  ;)
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear the weather is so shite at the moment. We had rain overnight but it had cleared by 6am. Tomorrow does look a bit grim though.

LMH: The pool is still too cold for my liking, so I'm avoiding it until they've sorted the heating. Don't think you'll end up with a rest day ... you're way too twitchy and are guaranteed to feel better after a short jog ;)

Benjy: Kudos for getting into the cold pool and working on technique. I can't do flip turns. And diving is no option as the gym pool has no deep end :)

em: Sounds like a mad couple of weeks ahead.

Don: that's an interesting session - sounds like more fun than plain old track reps

I ended up with a really nice run. Sometimes this old body is full of surprises :)

What: 11 miles progressive (60, 70 and 80% of HR max)
    Why: body said yes
    Last hard: deciding what to do this morning
    Last rest: 18/3
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Feeling much better thanks LMH.

This mornings run was a cracker - one of the coaches was advising running the last few miles of the marathon to get a feel for the finish, so I did the last 9 miles of Stirling this morning.  It’s a really flat second half but wee hills near the end will challenge so I’m glad I did it.  7:31 pace so a bit quicker than I wanted but running on busy roads with no pavements fair gets the adrenalin up!! Did another few miles easy to get back to the car. 

OH, hope you recover quickly.

Souns a good run chicksta.

Might parkrun tomorrow.  
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon 
    lyrics yes, a record two days ha ha
    donaldo glad you had a good run
    chick does sound a good run!
    oh, enjoy some rest
    alehouse, good to hear your back is a bit better
    benjy all sounds good run! My daughter is a much better swimmer than me!
    chick so your legs were ok, but what is re-lates thing?

what: 2.5 miles this morning, legs ached after last nights yoga
    why: wanted to
    last hard: that was
    last rest: 31/12/16

park run tomorrow
    have a good weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Enjoy parkrun tomorrow, wabo. In Re-Lates you do a lot of stuff with a ball and straight arms whilst engaging the core (seated, standing, lying down). And you do planks. Lots of them, especially side planks with one leg in the air :D

• Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Elegantly put in second post Chicksta...made me smile. It is indeed. Lot of interesting training going on. Ale/LMH we gave an accolade for a pb on the backstroke at parkrun last week it was so sodden. See what this week brings. Quack tonight to review meds and side effects so hopefully get to bin the thinners! If not will have to persuade cardio to do so 25th. Dreich, dull and misty here in the valleys so:
    What: maybe a short one 
    Why: Picking up son at 3, quack at 5, dinner with a lady at 7.30 :-)
    Last Rest: yesterday (and it was needed)
    Last Hard: Wed tkd
    Lyrics: No. 
    Push back the taper madness guys and mend well those on the bench
  • Options
    Hope you get to ditch the blood thinners and the dinner goes well SC.

Good job you didn't bet chicksta as you'd have lost your money. It didn't stop raining until I came out of work this afternoon and I wasn't going out in it for the sake of it this morning, it just wouldn't have been fun or confidence giving. I have walked over six miles today so not entirely slothful (but that's about average for me). Nice run there.

You did have a big day yesterday OH.

Enjoy parkrun Wabo.

Definitely sounds like you're 100% now Donaldo.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

OMG - the bodysnatchers have taken LMH away ;) That's so unlike you to bin a run but I totally understand given the weather. Last thing you want now is being soaked and getting ill.

• Options
    The fact that I found it relatively easy to not run tells me it was the right decision chicksta, as you so accurately said usually I'd get too twitchy and head out. I must have needed the rest.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Cricket was inevitably off, so paid a visit to the fitness suite for a gentle couple of rides on the exercise bike, with a session on the leg press machine for the Achilles sandwiched in the middle. 

Still raining...
  • Options
    It was only 7 yesterday, LMH. Antics on the track were Wednesday.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Sorry been AWOL, busy, not much running here

Edinburgh is going to be hard :-)

Parkrun and loads of miles planned for the weekend plus a visit to the cottage tomorrow night.

Take care