Options

Tuesday 24th April 2018: And you go home and you cry and you want to die

Morning chaps, light recovery 5 miler yesterday, second day doms for me (wince).

What: Gym session first thing, work, then TKD this evening
Why: It is the Tuesday schedule
Lyrics: Yes!

Have a good day, appears nice before Winter starts again.

PS Ale: That was Summer then as discussed last week.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Was just going to post some less appropriate lyrics, but at least I would have known those. 

You got summer on Sunday Benjy; meanwhile we were putting the heating back on. May well be wet here today.

What: Pilates routine

Why: stretching that back
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all, 
    OH - indeed the end or an era, 60 years! I imagine there are many any happy memories.
    LmH - my coach mentioned Yeovil to me which I think is early June as a possible contender for another marathon go. Need to decide how much I want it I guess!

What - club night, coaching 3x1800s. Will probably amble round.
    Why - recovery phase. 3 easy miles last night
    Last rest - 16/04
    last hard - London
    lyric - indeed

No major leg trauma here, managed stairs both yesterday and today.
  • Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Left To My Own Devices by Pet Shop Boys.

10th June Dustin.

I think TKD could be interesting this evening Benjy!

Rain forecast here for later too Alehouse - and tomorrow <<sigh>>

End of an era indeed OH but I'm glad that your dad was able to stay in the house until the end. Mark's parent's had been in their house for over forty years before moving here last year.

Ok, so my foot was much less painful on getting up this morning, a small swollen area but working fine as was my ankle when I walked Grace however I can still feel the inside of my knee. Do I steel myself for another trip to the pool this morning or do I give a short and easy run a try? I'm not sure if the knee is something that would stop me running normally or if I'm just worried about it more because I've been out for a few days (I think that post niggle we're all a bit hyper aware). I would really like to be back running by the weekend and don't want to do anything to jeopardise that but my heart is sinking at the thought of more pool time.

What:             either another swim or a short and easy run
    Why:              need to decide whether I'm over this niggle or not
    Last hard:      making that decision - I don't want to end up with more time off
    Last rest:       23/4

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Don't forget you have also just run a marathon, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Yes but I've run much less since then than I would usually Alehouse. It's only this mystery foot/ankle injury that's stopped me running this week.
  • Options
    Lingering ouch LMH! it has got to be a swim otherwise you may regret it.

Slightly over a year ago I had a double hernia op, I was sliced right across almost hip to hip and a mesh stitched in. The recovery was awful. It was 4 days before I could get out of bed, then I had a seriously awful 6 weeks. But my frustration of inactivity mean't firstly after 10 years member of RW forum I got my post level to about 8 posts and secondly after a two weeks I decided to do what is normally a 20 min walk to Sainsburys along the old railway line trail and it took me three hours, walking with a zombie shuffle. I shouldn't have done that and on the return journey thought "why did I do this?" but my stubborness and lack of inactivity resulted in my doing it again the next day. Wasn't wise and I knew it, set me back recovery time most likely.

Still not right, get awful pain from the mesh had several revisits and they say it is fine and strong and pain I get is from too much activity at times, as it is a foreign object that has no elasticity it will not stretch like muscle so can over prolonged periods of activity start to burn and nip on the areas of join.

Emzap: I keep checking back as I simply can't wait to find out if there was a start new job VHS health and safety video to watch with extras from The Bill having objects from shelves fall on their heads and hands trapped in doors. Or am I still nostalgically stuck in the past remembering my first part-time college job age 16?

OH: That must be a very emotional feeling, when it has become so much more than bricks.

• Options
    Currently icing foot and knee in what I hope is a precautionary move:-) It will be back in the pool tomorrow if there's any adverse reaction Benjy.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

head all over the place today, dont know why
    Oh benjy that sounds tough for you!! The hernia op thing I mean
    mmm LMH I'd say maybe another day off?
    Dustin hard core, enjoy tonight!
    alehouse enjoy the pilates, it's not easy is it? I've been doing yoga about 4 weeks now and she adds some pilates!!

What: run to sons house later
    why: nowhere to park so its t he best option for a visit
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

Got my hula hoop going again this morning, 10 mins I love it!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Ola! Buen dia. Where to start? Well done VLM'ers. Our 20+ club members all ran way longer than any predicted with just a couple of sub 3's and a lot of people 45 mins+ out on training plan. Not surprised. Benjy, you must be pleased for the girls. I feel your pain too. OH, that must be a huge emotional rollercoaster. Love the look of the parkrun. (Just become an event ambassador but don't think they'll give me the islands!)
    LMH be kind to and look after yourself. You've been through a lot so maybe time to heal. Ale: Keep up the good work.
    Sunday was hot, thankfully not as hot as London and happily an hour ahead so I just made it into the 20's whereas the later runners certainly had it much hotter. First 4k uphill reflected in the first 5k. So 5k splits got steadily faster as I got more confident all was under control:  5.16-5.08-505-502 and 5.01 for last K and time of  1.45.45. I would have taken 1.50 at the start so pleased especially as took a full click to settle HR. Ended up 2449/13808 and 44/414 age group.  A great weekend of over eating and drinking too! Back to teach tkd last night so no time for catching up before prepping for today's meetings.
    Lyrics: Nope
    What: Easy miles
    Why: Seems sensible
    Last hard: First 4k Sunday
    Last Rest: Saturday

• Options
    Morning/Afternoon

Oh: 60 years is a long time but you have your memories and Dad stayed till the end:-)

Benjy: That truely sounds horrific and to still give you issues But good on you for getting on with life and doing all you do:-)

wabo: Hula Hooping well done I hate the silly thing!!

LMH: I pray you were sensible but so easy to say rather than do;-)

Dustin: Sounds like you are recovering well!! how is cake consumption:-)

Ale Good luck at Pilates I used to go regular and it never got any easier;-)

What: 8 miles
    Why:Body she said lets do this again
    Last hard: Trying to weed veg garden spent an hour going no where!!
    Lyrics:No
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Planned Pool swim
    Last hard yesterday
    Lyrics no

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    well toughed out on Sunday Dustin

Sorry Emz , didn't clock that was your patch :-) for parkrun

Tough tempo 10k tonight, 1st mile easy then 5m hardish before an ease up for the last 1/4

Take care
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Worked hard on the Pilates...the toughest I've done! Spoke to physio and am going to run on the anti-g treadmill tomorrow...if the back is happy after today. 

And was teaching orienteering this morning...inevitably a little slow running was involved!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Worked hard on the Pilates...the toughest I've done! Spoke to physio and am going to run on the anti-g treadmill tomorrow...if the back is happy after today. 

And was teaching orienteering this morning...inevitably a little slow running was involved!
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Good evening.  Club session tonight, totally chilled though, barely made an effort but did a wee up and down the clock session of (in seconds) 30,39,60,120,180,120,60,30,30 with a minute in between.  Enjoyable.

Lyrics. Nope.