Options

Sunday 17th June 2018 - When I get home it's late at night

Morning.

Lyrics - When I get home it's late at night

Race well OH.

Hope the marathon goes well and you enjoy your run Dustin.

Much as you love your job I'm guessing you're looking forward to the break Donaldo?

Grey start to the day here and forecast to be a chilly one - I'd like summer back please!

What:           shorter than I'd like/lunch at the in laws
Why:            recovery/Father's Day
Last hard:    keeping the miles down
Last rest:     12/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Enjoy your races, OH and Dustin (and anyone else)!

Hope yesterday was fun, Emz!

What: unsure

Why: knee is a pain. Going to watch the last leg of the Tour of Tameside and hope to do a little running there...or not.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    RFJ: Good 10k there, well done

Ale: Good running with parkrun, niggly knee or not massive difference to three months ago

Dustin: Hope marathon today goes as hoped and not too muggy a day

SC: Good 10 miler and 40 total, taking advantage of different envirnoment

DD: Bushy park parkrun, that brings back memories, Summer Sunday afternoons in Bushy Park sleeping off a hangover used to be the old-Ben activity several moons ago when running was an impossible thought (lived in Teddington/Ham for a number of years)

Welsh: You are simply eating up miles, you never stop impressing me with the frequency of long miles.

LMH: Makes sense to ease down after recent activity, don't want to make something go twang

Super busy day yesterday, both my girls full dancing show rehearsal morning (I manage a gym session while they did that), then youngest did Taekwondo grading practice and the eldest swimming first ever swimming gala afternoon/early evening. Was so tense hoping she could manage to get out in front of many 100s of watching eyes at gala, hoping she wouldn't turn back, but she was cool as cucumber and got at the start and did it. Really pleased for her as she got a gold medal for her category. The main thing was just to have a go at first gala, that was the prize for me.

Have to get out for a long run this morning, my girls have to make fathers day cards, they haven't had chance.

What: 90 min run at 10:00AM

Why: It is about how long is needed to make cards

Lyrics: Sounds familiar, but can't say, so it has to be no by defaut.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Benjy: Your unique posting is guaranteed to brighten any day. Lovely weekend all round and great  perspective(s)
    LMH: Enjoy what's available
    Ale: Hope it eases
    Good luck Dustin and all others running today
    Things I have learned this week:
    Be gentle on yourself and really live in the moment
    The soft sand might be firmer than it looks and vice versa
    The terrain here changes every year
    Point to point and using the bus service can be fun but it's good to stop dripping before boarding
    Cafe iowners don't mind soggy clients
    There's more cambers on the beach than any road I've ever run
    The difference between a niggle and pain
    How good it is to get three massages in a week.
    How courteous our runners are back in Britain compared to here.
    What: Rest day
    Why: Planned event
    Last Hard: making today a rest day
    Last Rest: Last Monday
    Lyrics: Nope

Now for some more sun as I don't fly until 23.20 Spanish time. A la proxima amigos y amigas. :-)

• Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Good luck OH and Dustin this morning look forward to reports.

I have to agree with  SC Benjy you do brighten up our days:-) Well done to your girls and hope you allowed them time to make Father's Day cards:-)

SC: Enjoy your last day a week today Swansea here you come;-)

What: 8.1 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last hard: sleeping and cramp in my calf last night
    Lyrics: yes

I did not think I could run this morning as calf was tender but no it was fine and a course PB so very pleasing.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    I don' know how you find any time for yourself with all you support your girls to do Benjy - top fathering. I hope you had a good run.

A shame holidays have to end SC but you certainly seem to have made the most of yours. Hope you have a safe and stress free journey home.

Glad you were able to run Poppy.

I hope your knee allowed some running Alehouse.

I ended up running a bit further than planned as the rain stopped, the sun came out (though it's gone again now) and my legs were willing, hopefully staying the right side of sensible though.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Top mam / Dad Benjy :-)

Unexpected surprise to have both of our kids over, so enjoyed a nice 4.75m easy with my daughter.

Looking forwards to lunch later.

Take care all
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hope you enjoyed your respective family lunches, RFJ and lMH. I had my parents over for breakfast, so it's definitely a family Sunday on here :)

Lovely post, Benjy and glad the swimming gala went so well.

Nice run, poppy

Great running whilst on hols, SC. I must say I struggle with motivation when I'm on hols. Lie-ins and long breakfasts seem far more appealing and I'm usually too lazy later in the day. Somehow all my running must be done early doors.

Fingers crossed the knee settles, ale.

6k missing to get me 100 again for the week but I didn't feel like running today. Figured my body needed a wee break so I took the bike out for the first time this year.

What: 30 miles cycled
    Why: done enough running
    Last hard: it was windy and I'm actually pretty rubbish on the bike
    Last rest; 31/5
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Wicked Game, Chris Isaac
  • Options
    I think a nice time was had by all chicksta. It's good to listen to your body, if you felt you needed the day off running you were probably right, no point in chasing numbers today and being unable to run tomorrow. I love running whilst on holiday, it's such a great way to explore, but then I can't sleep in so usually have quite a lot of morning to fill.

Glad your offspring made it over to visit today RFJ.

I hope all the other dads are being suitably spoilt too.
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Spoiled myself with a 3 hour, 22.3 mile epic this afternoon.  Tough going and hip gave out at the end so Mrs donaldo had to come and rescue me.  It’ll be fine.  Hilly route up to Braes of Doune wind farm and then out to Braco.  Cracking views.

Weekends like this one make me look forward to holidays LMH and hence why I needed a big escape this afternoon.  School has been a bit full on over the weekend with issue after issue.  Always the same at this time of year. 

Ready to read some reports when they come in.

Lyrics.  Alas, no.
  • Options
    I'm glad you were able to get out for a stress busting long run Donaldo - didn't think it would be on the cards with you being on duty. I hope your hip is soon mended. It's the transition times isn't it? Same with my uni students.
  • Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Afternoon.

Ran the Dr Ron Hyde 7 this morning with a friend so nice to do a run with a bit of bling at the end.

Had a nice cycle to and from Hyde as well.  

Other than that, mainly been occupying myself with Sunday runs of 10 miles and a few midweek runs.

Congrats to all those who raced today, and hope everybody has had a good weekend.
    Have a good day. image
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Yeah, LMH, transitions seem to stress everyone out.  Especially parents.  I wasnt on call today, just yesterday, although the emails and phone calls perhaps tell a different story!  Still love it though! 

Well done on the 7 miler Ollie.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ouch Don, don't overdo things!
    Thanks for the thoughts and comments. Marathon set up yesterday was pretty stress free - apart from finish tent having two broken poles - not easily mended. So took the easiest option: bought a new gazebo. The old one to be honest had done well over 6 or 7 years at various races and cross country races so it was really just a matter of time!
    Today started off with lugging 140 litres of water in jerry cans to the tea stand and finish line before the easy bit: the running.
    Aim was to jog round, chat to the marshals and take in the views. Legs not feeling it early on but by around 7 or 8 miles running was fine at ~9m/m. 
    Picked up a little between 10-20 when I caught up with one of the village runners who had clearly gone off too fast. I knew he wanted sub 4 so I slacked off a bit and dragged him round to a 3h55ish. 
    Helped out at the finish until they were all in (just under 7h the last one) then pack up, rubbish drop and recycle all the cardboard. 
    Tired now.

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Evening!

Well done Dustin! A good day's work in several respects!

OL: didn't see you this morning! (The race that OL ran doubles as a straight race and as the last race of the Tour of Tameside). Did manage to have a chat with Dr Hill though who seemed in good spirits. Tried a little run but the knee really was too painful and has been ever since. Not sure what has happened! I suspect further advice is needed: one thing after another!

And take care Don! Hope the hip is ok in a couple of days. Generally the issues with the students of whatever age seem to be post exam time.

Daughter and boyfriend came over and cooked food (although I did the puds) and we were joined by her two brothers.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.