Saturday 18th August 2018 The moment I wake up

Morning!

Can't sleep!

Lyrics: The moment I wake up
Before I put on my makeup

What: supposed to be parkrun

Why: supposed to be running my 100th

Back later!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - So Tired - Ozzy Osbourne.

I'm sure there's no supposed about it Alehouse. Have you been baking? I hope you managed some sleep.

Happy holidays Benjy.

I thought you were home waiting to have your front door fixed OH. Easily confused me.

Enjoy Ibiza Wabo.

I find a run usually perks me up chicksta - though the treadmill not quite so much.

What:          short and easy
    Why:           tired/back tweaky/friend staying
    Last hard:   feeling like it's October rather than August
    Last rest:    12/6

Lyrics - of course.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Morning again!

Benjy, OH, RFJ, Wabo: enjoy your trips...and the parkruns where applicable.

Got about two and a half hours sleep. No idea why. Went to bed early to get a decent night's sleep...and didn't. 

Baked a cake for some date in December, if that is what you mean, LMH! And I also thought OH  was home waiting for repairs etc!

Wonder if SC has a report to contribute?

Is your half tomorrow, Chick?

Hope Emz is feeling less exhausted.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning,

Benjy Enjoy Ireland I loved my time there so laid back but no communication at all it actual was nice once i got used to it:-)

Wabo: Hope you enjoy Ibiza and OH enjoys Billy ocean.

Ale: I hope you can go back to bed later? Good luck if you do run today.

No Christmas cake made yet as don't have ingredients so need to get a list together and get Mr T to deliver or get Alun to collect.

SC: I hope last night went well and you enjoyed the burger and beer

I am planning next season  and what races I want to do that offer deferring as wasted so much money this year £200+

Abs are very tender today so will do less bicycle crunches maybe just 50 today;-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Get back home on Thursday. Heading to Keswick for a few days. Will possibly wait months for work on house to be done!

No park running today; Travelling plus legs tired from yesterday.
    Last hard yesterday.
    I slept well last night!

Lyrics: no

• Options
    Already Alehouse!?! I meant cake for parkrun, I thought that kind of things was a feature when people had run a certain number of them?

Are you racing in Keswick OH?

I guess that means the crunchies are doing some good then Poppy.

Grey, chilly and breezy here - I'm not feeling particularly motivated to run especially as I managed to tweak my back in a new place just by picking up Grace's water bowl  :(
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning yet again!

What: parkrun number 100

Why: time that I did. Only done 8 or 9 in the last 14 months. Ran around 26:12 but found it quite hard work today, probably because of lack of sleep. And grey, chilly and breezy.

LMH: took the lazy way out and took some little bites from a nearby well-known supermarket. 
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Well done on the 100th parkrun ale.

26.75 mile run for me today.  Circuit from home featuring Doune, a big climb up to Braes of Doune windfarm then a long 8 mile mostly downhill section to Braco followed by 6 miles against the wind to finish.  12 miles on road, 14 on forestry tracks.  Knee and heel were feeling it but not enough to stop me.  Took 3 hrs 48 so both my longest ever run and my longest ever time on feet.  Quite happy with that.

Lyrics, yes! 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon! 

Thanks Don...and nice one on the long run! Hope you can walk tomorrow!

Meant to say, parkrun was delayed this morning due to a cow on the path: she had waded across the river for pastures new. I'm sure OH can picture the scene. 

Hope you got a decent run in LMH. And a good cross training session, WP 
  • Options
    Some run that Donaldo! Wow!. Nice milestone Ale. WP: Work that core. OH: You deserve a rest. LMH: Oh dear!
    Wabo: Enjoy the break and you too Benjy!
    Race report; Westonbirt was a sold out and 678 made it through the finish so very busy. Slight precip and gentle breeze for the two lap undulating course. Good weather for running. More time in the grouds for this one than in the spring with hints of x-country in places. Beer and burger were excellent but sadly served the latter outside! (Had mine in the car)
    Set off relatively briskly but steady with 4.16-4.17-4.17 for the first 3k before hitting the two off roadish k's in 4.23-4.28 looking good for a top 50 and sub 44 10K. . Had kept hr under control and running nice and loose -  happy days. Then decided I needed a lie down as HR bounced and SVT rocketed to 240 plus. Result for 6K was 8-01  Bounced back up and eased in a  4.40 then picked up to 4.28 for the last road click before 4.37-4.32. Settled for a 48.25 and 115th finish. Frustrating but every run is a lottery. Played safe at parkrun today with 24.34 no pushing
    Lyrics: Nice thought and yes.
    What: parkrun
    Why: Saturday
    Last hard: Watching SB disappear last night
    Last Rest: Thursday
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Shame about the 6th km, SC: at least you know what to do! parkrun this morning had shades of cross country about it, also: the stretch around the back of the longer lap was muddy. And talking of laps, I encouraged one of the young uni girls to run today, and yes, she lapped me. Anyone over 25 minutes was in danger! 
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    I has to run past a herd of cows today and I am frightened of them so it wasnt pleasant.

Well done SC and shame about the HR slowing you down.  Great performance.
  • Options
    Nice miles Donaldo - hope everything is still working in the morning.

Sorry to hear about the SVT spoiling your race SC. Glad you enjoyed the burger and beer.

I managed a short and easy Alehouse though I wasn't sure that was happening when I set off as the back was obviously affecting the power I could put through the left side. It didn't get any worse as I ran though it isn't any better either - I just hope it disappears overnight. I shall try some muscle relaxant later (probably sake as we're going out for a Chinese).
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: parkrun!
    Why: End of my 5 days of rest
    Last hard: the parkrun, but sort of in a good way
    Lyrics: Yes!

Feeling a little bit better.  Stayed at a friend's last night.  Did Worcester parkrun today 27:36.  Very hilly, offroad and congested, so it was an okish time (and I am still doing only easy).  Then drove to Derby to meet with ex-colleagues for lunch and drove back again.  So I'm tired, but I don't think it's so unusual after that activity.

Well done SC what a bummer about km 6 though.  At least you know what to do I suppose...
    Great long run Don and I so know what you mean about the cows!
    LMH what did you do to your back?
    Ale happy 100 parkruns :)

Have a lovely evening all.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Congrats on parkrun no. 100 ale. My race is tomorrow :)

Bummer, SC :(  some impressively fast ks though.

Don: Fantastic long run. A casual sub 3:50 marathon in a training run. Nice.

Sorry to hear about the back, LMH. I can relate. When my back plays up it affects the left side too. It starts with a tingling left foot and when it gets bad I lose feeling in it :( makes for a funny running style.

Glad you're feeling better, em.

Right guys, please send this heat away, at least for a good 95 mins at 11 tomorrow ;) if push comes to shove I will run marathon pace. Wish me luck.

What: 6 miles easy
    Why: racing tomorrow
    Last hard: forecast
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: yes