Options

Half marathons 2 weeks apart - possible injury

Hi

Looking for advice! Had a groin strain end of July after a 50 mile dualthlon.. It took weeks to heal.. it felt really deep and ached terribly even walking. Eventually was able to up my distance again and trained for half marathon in 2hrs 1min (official time!), completed just over a week ago with no problems.

After the half i did a gentle 4 mile run, then another club run of hill sprints. Legs were tired after hills but just generally achy. Then four days later I woke with a very specific sore bit which i think is my adductor; inside thigh about 2/3 inches down. Went for a short run and it was sore on last couple miles. Doesn't feel like original groin problems...

I have another half in 5 days. I've been icing, foam rolling and stretching. It's definitely a bit better already. I know everyone is different but what would you do? I haven't managed another long run which makes me nervous that i have enough miles in... the halfs will be 2 weeks apart. Should i rest it as long as i can? I was thinking of trying a test run on Thurs to gauge if i will manage it at all. Was really hoping for an official sub 2hrs!

A