Is this where I introduce myself?

Hi, everyone.

After spamming a thread about being able to post, I though it would be polite to introduce myself.

I'm Yo'el, a 36 year old medical biologist and 60m and 100m sprinter.

Nice to be here, and I look forward to taking part in some of the discussions.

Comments

• Hello
  • I have just joined but can’t seem to start a thread. Any ideas?
  • JGavJGav ✭✭✭
    I have just joined but can’t seem to start a thread. Any ideas?
    You need to have a minimum number of posts before you can start a thread.  It's supposed to stop spammers.
  • Although it doesn't seem to work, does it?
    Welcome Yo'el. Not many sprinters on here!
  • Oh right. I suppose I’ll have to find some posts to comment on 
  • Does anyone know how many I need?
  • stevelondonUK said:
    Does anyone know how many I need?

10, I believe. There was another thread on the forums where people just replied 10 times.
    I admit it seems a little odd jumping into discussions when nobody know who you are.
  • Cal Jones said:
    Although it doesn't seem to work, does it?
    Welcome Yo'el. Not many sprinters on here!

Thanks!
    I noticed it's mainly long distance runners here, but I suppose we're all looking to get from A to B quicker 😁
  • I wanted to post a thread 😭 looks like I have to get commenting (no idea on what though? 🤔)
  • Hi my name is Maureen, I am 55 and have decided I want to do a triathlon within the next year or two. I am quite new to running, I have managed a hilly 10k in an hour and 5 mins. I am looking froward to catching up with everyone.
  • Welcome, Maureen. There's a tri forum here too. If you're on Facebook there's a group called Veteran Runners that you might like (I'm a member of that too).
  • > @Moelesley said:
    > Hi my name is Maureen, I am 55 and have decided I want to do a triathlon within the next year or two. I am quite new to running, I have managed a hilly 10k in an hour and 5 mins. I am looking froward to catching up with everyone.

Morning Moe! I'm new here too. Good luck with your Triathlon ambition!
  • Failed quote attempt :(
  • Haha, I could not find a 'New Members' thread either so just thought I would say Hello in this one!

I'm very much a beginner runner. Two years ago I was doing 5K's but that's as far as I got really!