Completely new to running and need advice !

2»

Comments

• Paris would be quite an experience for your first 10K, Runderland  :)

9th June means you've got plenty of time to train for it. As I said the step from 5K to 10K isn't that onerous and with plenty of training you will absolutely be fine. As you're no doubt aware from your C25K experience distance is more a mental thing than physical. Once you know you can do the distance you've broken through that mental barrier. That's why building up is so good, you break down that mental barrier bit by bit.

It might be an idea to have a look for a 10K training plan. That way you can plan your schedule and build up your stamina and confidence. And don't worry too much about a time, your first is guaranteed to be a PB  ;)

Let us know how you get on.
  • Ok so on week 2 run 2 of the couch to 5k and 13 minutes in i had to stop because of the pain in both shins. I've been doing exercises to strengthen my calf muscles and always stretch and warm up before heading out. Does anyone know if this simply because I'm over weight and just beginning and will pass as i lose more weight or if there would be something else causing it?