Options

Wednesday 27th February 2019 - Breaking in a sweat

Morning.

Lyrics - Breaking in a sweat

Which watch did you buy yourself Alex?

Chilly start here again but due to warm up. The forecast is good for the next couple of days but pants for the weekend.

What:            MLR
Why:             61 days
Last hard:     feeling as though I'm where I need/want to be
Last rest:      27/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Everyday by Phil Collins.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short and easy

Why: still not well. Looking like another cut back week...and may have to go back to GP if no improvement by Friday.

Off to work: extra day this week. 

Need to keep reminding ourselves it is winter!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    alex_halex_h ✭✭✭
    Morning!

I got the Vivoactive 3 music LMH. It's so light compared to my 910XT! Been having a play around with the features on it. It has an interesting analysis of my sleep too. Practically no deep sleep last night...must try to rectify that! It was nice to go for a run yesterday with some music on without a phone bouncing around in my pocket and without wired headphones. Carrying the phone for music isn't that much of an issue this time of year when I'm wearing a jacket but is a pain when it warms up. Enjoy your MLR!

Sorry to see it's still lingering on Ale. Hope it goes away!

Today will be a harder day potentially. Football moved to today due to court availability and then Taekwon-Do in the evening. Hopefully TKD won't be too energetic and I can manage the football effort a little. Tomorrow may be a slow recovery run or rest!

What: See above - double trouble!
    Why: Good question!
    Last hard: Could be today
    Last rest: Mon

Lyrics: No, not today

Go well everyone!

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Alex - you lost me at running with headphones, oh and running with a phone!
    Ale - you rest up and take things easy.
    LmH - it's been frosty here when I leave the house but 90 minutes later , it's stunning!
    What - easy run lunchtime, club AGM tonight
    Why - wooden legs, admin
    last rest - 4-5 weeks
    last hard - last night: 6x800s with 400 recovery. Never quite sure if I'd hit pace or not, needn't have worried: 3.03 / 3.04 / 3.07 / 3.05 / 3.09 / 3.02. Mangled.
  • Options
    LOL - me too Dustin, phone? Music? Headphones? Not part of my running kit. You seem keen though Alex so enjoy  :)

Not good that it's lingering Alehouse. No reminders of the time of year needed here - I'm walking Grace in frost and fog most mornings including today. Just defrosting and hoping it warms up a bit before I head out for my run.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hahaha

I won an iPod at Nike supersonic in 2007. I'm a take it or leave it music person but phones and running are  beyond me.

What: 60 mins watt bike d&d mtb ride 
    PM
    Why: moved run day
    Last hard : a little today
    Last rest: 31st October
  • Options
    alex_halex_h ✭✭✭
    Lol! I'm quite lucky in that I'm not one who "needs" music to run. I find that when I'm fit and doing proper speedwork/intervals then I can be better off without it (or I just don't pay attention to it) as I'm concentrating on sets etc. On those easier runs though I enjoy the background! Just nice to get out there!
  • Options
    Hello

Sorry been AWOL but been away and wifi was patchy at best but had a lovely hilly runs at Llandudno!! I also ran part of the big Orme which made my  asthma play up only 1.5 miles up and back and 155m elevation :-)I also have been walking lots of miles in the day;-) strangely my hilly route this morning seemed less hilly;-)

What: 7.50 miles
    Why: Back home so usual distance
    Last hard: Achilles playing up/eating at hotel
    Last rest Yesterday travelling home
    Lyrics: Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Hope the dog is recovering well Alex.  Enjoy the new watch. 

I'm also watching the forecast for the weekend LMH as I have a race - do you have one also?  Likely to be wet here but not too cold.  I'm more concerned that it might turn windy!

Not such good news Ale.  Agree on winter - as nice as it is with the Spring conditions - could turn nasty yet.

Nice reps Dustin.

Enjoy the mtb this afternoon Gobi.

I didn't go to the pub in the end as I was too tired and hungry - would have been past 9pm by the time I had got home, showered and back to the pub and had food in front of me. 

LOL to the phone and music comments: my phone does occasionally accompany me but that is if I need navigation, potentially a pickup or depending on my route as a safety backup.  I don't like listening to music when running personally but must have it on public transport.

What: a few sensible miles at lunch
    Why: squeezing them in on Wednesday
    Last hard: -
    Last rest: 24.02

Lyrics: No
  • Options
    Wondered where you were Gobi. What's next race wise?

No race for me Hazel just not looking forward to a return to 'weather' - it was this time last year we had the first lot of snow that made things difficult. Just wind forecast currently though. Is it a half you have this weekend?

You sound pleased to be home Poppy.

I don't know anyone that does Alex! Though there are a few who think that their legs won't work without their earphones in  :)

Whilst still a bit frosty and chilly when I set off for my run it turned into another lovely morning so I couldn't resist making the most of it - one of the reasons I'd be rubbish with a schedule!
  • Options

Alex: Sounds like a fun piece of kit. Enjoy.

I never use headphones when running outside but would absolutely die if I had to do without my own music on the treadmill. The stuff that's played at the gym is really not my taste. And I reckon the pink lycra brigade would say the same about my playlist :)

And I agree with Hazel - public transport without headphones is a no-no. I like being in my own bubble.

Good to see you back, Poppy.

Nice intervals, Dustin.

Sorry to hear you are still under the weather, ale.

LMH: nice impromptu long run. I do remember the rubbish weather last year. I have a pic on my phone taken on February 28 and it was -14 degrees!!

What: nearly 12 miles with 40mins at LT effort in there
    Why: schedule and a beautiful morning albeit a bit chilly so breathing wasn't easy and I had to run to effort, not pace
    Last hard: getting my legs to turn faster today - they were having none of it
    Last rest: 23/1

• Options
  • Options
    Must have cross posted with you WP - was wondering earlier if it was time to ask you if everything is ok. Nice you were out and about. 155m in one and a half miles is a lot - if you managed to run all of that then well done!

It is "just" a 10k LMH.  Will be hard enough as it is more or less the shortest distance on the flat I race and I find the pace pretty painful.  I prefer a slower pace for longer (10 miles to mara).
    If you can cope with the mileage then make the most of the weather whilst it lasts.

I can very much imagine that you need the music on the TM Chicksta.  Those LT sessions build up on P&L don't they. 

8 d&d at lunch on a nice flat route (with the exception of a motorway bridge).  Practiced doing some gentle progression - starting at around recovery pace and ending with a few km around MP + 10-12 seconds / km.
  • Options
    I feel the same about racing 10k Hazel.

I'm hoping we don't get a repeat this year chicksta but fear some bad weather is still to come.
  • Options
    alex_halex_h ✭✭✭
    Some good stuff going on Chick/Hazel/WP.

Sounds scenic WP! Good to see you back.

LMH 
    - you said people get injured playing football and that's exactly what's happened. Hamstring strain sprinting after a ball...right at the end too so was properly warm. Was hoping it was really bad cramp but the soreness now is telling me it wasn't. It's only minor though. Few days rest and we will see where we end up with some gentle stretching. Bit annoying but these things happen! 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Evening!

Careful alex!

Chick: is it the 28th today? Or is your photo tomorrow's forecast?

Re music, my watch stores 500 tunes and no doubt my phone stores more. Total amount on the two devices: zero! Have never run with music  or podasts or whatever and don't suppose I ever will!

Run was rubbish for the second day in a row: if not feeling better by Friday it is definitely the GP again. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    Sorry been AWOL. Don't really know where the week's gone

What: 3 km run walk plus physio
    Why: had to get to dentist and thought it was time to get ankle seen to
    Last hard: hearing I've torn 2 ligaments. Told to keep up my run walking and given some proprioception exercises to do
    Lyrics: nope

Oh no alex be careful!
    Ale can't believe you're still ill, please take it easy
    WP sounds like a good trip :)

Have a lovely evening