Options

Saturday 27th April 2019 - Don't know why

Morning.

Lyrics - Don't know why
             There's no sun up in the sky

Cold, wet and windy here! Better today than tomorrow I guess, hopefully it will all have calmed down by then. It would be the perfect day for a rest day but for the fact that my legs usually feel awful after a day off so I'd really like to get a couple of miles in before we start the drive to London. According to the scales yesterday's carb loading went well, there will be more of the same today but I've packed a book to occupy me between eating. If anyone is bored on Sunday and wants to track my number is 30905.

What:           a couple of miles to loosen the legs
Why:            big day tomorrow
Last hard:    I've tried to keep it easy
Last rest:     27/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Waiting by Jake Bugg.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Been meaning to post all week but somehow kept getting distracted...
    Yesterday did 5km run walk

What: kitchen shopping
    Why: work starts in 2 weeks
    Last hard: admitting I must now walk up hills
    Lyrics: no

Have a good last taper lmh. Dustin are you also running tomorrow?

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Morning!

Positive thoughts, LMH!

Edit: morning Emz! Take it easy!

Lyrics: yes.

What: parkrun plus fitness suite

Why: what I seem to do on a Saturday. Probably a controlled progressive run. And likely to be a wet one. At least the fitness suite will be dry!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Hope you've managed to sort it emzap and it all goes smoothly.

It's very wet and windy here Alehouse - hope you get better conditions for your parkrun.
  • Options
    Morning

LMH: Safe travels and enjoy pre race build up.
    Em:Take it steady you have a wee passenger aboard;-) Hope kitchen shopping goes well.
    Ale: Have a good run, dry here but 75mph winds!

What: Nothing unless winds die down
    Last hard: Wind speed

Stay safe out there today x
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I imagine parkrun will be wet and windy, LMH: forecast says 97 per cent chance of rain plus gales! Doesn't matter as it isn't a race! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Good luck for tomorrow LMH, hope travel goes well. Thanks for the number, I will track you when I am not out for a run myself.

Take care with the windy weather everyone.  Hope the parkrun wasn't too wet Ale.

Kitchen shopping sounds like hard work emz.

Will (probably) write a few more lines later but late start today and housework needs doing in a minute: my race went well yesterday, I improved my course PB by a couple of mins and was 4th in my age group.

What: rest day / walk
    Why: need one after 7 days on the trot and yesterday's race
    Last hard: Last km in the gorge yesterday, narrow therefore congested, steep and rocky steps.
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    All the best to those running VMLM tomorrow. Tracking various folk on Highland Fling today.

Slow parkrun
    Blaming yoga yesterday evening
    Last hard: yoga
    Last rest 10d ago
    Lyrics no idea
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Well done yesterday, Hazel! A course best is never to be sniffed at!

What: parkrun

Why: it is a Saturday. Warmed up (a loose term) in torrential rain and strong winds, dressed in full waterproofs, hat and gloves. Just before the start, though, and quite remarkably given the forecast, the rain disappeared and part the way through the run the sun was even glimpsed. Briefly. 
    First k in 4:50, then the rest were gradually slightly quicker. My watch was stopped at 23:15: official times not yet out. Will take that given that I wasn't flat out, it was windy, I wore lots, etc. More to come I'm sure. Went to the fitness suite afterwards to work the Achilles in particular.

Highland Fling doesn't sound like a race, OH

• Options
    Safely in London - dry but very windy and chilly.

Good racing Hazel - good to take that much off your course best.

Nice progressive run Alehouse.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    A couple of mins is a huge improvement, Hazel. Those technical races must be hard to pace.

Glad you didn't get blown away, ale. Nice overdressed PR.

Will be rooting for you, LMH. Hopefully it's going to be one of those magic days when it all falls into place 🙏

Listen to your body, em.

What: 4 miles and gardening
    Why: disrupted night meant I missed parkrun
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: yes
  • Options
    I hope so chicksta. Sorry to hear you had a bad night.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Afternoon! 

Take it easy, LMH

parkrun time was 23:17 for 72.01% WAVA and 1st in old man. Happy with that at present, but won't be if it is not around 22:17 in a couple of months! Fastest parkrun in the new age group. And it hasn't stopped raining since 10! Just back from paddling around the supermarket car park! Still only 7 degrees; last weekend it was 25!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Great time Ale
    Emz - not in London this year
    LmH - Have a great run tomorrow, you've done all the prep, it will com good on the day! Enjoy.

What - 12 miles easy
    Why - stretch the legs
    last rest - yesterday. Canned the lunchtime run sensing that 4 or 5 laboured miles wasn't really worth the effort when I have MK marathon in 9 days and the Vets league on Monday night (eek).
    last hard - All seem to be at the moment.
    lyric - not obviously...

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening.
    Hope resting and eating going well LMH.
    Got to kitchen shop and on the way got a message from builder to say he'd double booked us and work is delayed by 3 weeks.  Takes me nicely into my 3rd trimester to be packing and unpacking kitchen stuff...at least we almost chose most of a kitchen.

Horrendous wind here, kept getting nearly blown away out and about!
    Good job at parkrun Ale :)
    Sorry to hear about sleep woes Chick
    Well done on race yesterday Hazel.

Have a lovely evening all and hope the wind dies down for tomorrow.
  • Options
    53 miles of race AH (first half of West Highland Way)  
    with #1 in at 7h30m29
    https://www.highlandflingrace.org/results.html

All from Orkney completed (although one on route to A&E following face plant at mile 35)
  • Options
    DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Best of luck LMH 🏃 well