Options

Wednesday 17th July 2019 In other words: hold my hand

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: In other words: hold my hand
In other words: baby, kiss me

On Monday one of the headlines, referring to the cricket, was "Champagne Superova"; yesterday's lyrics were "Champagne Supernova", Oasis. 

What: something gentle soon

Why: legs tender especially one hip. Need to get it done before heading to town for opticians.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning!

We will be sending some heat off to the UK again Chicksta.

Did your new watch arrive yesterday WP?  Enjoy when it does.

Hope MILs UTI/Kidney issue can be zapped quickly LMH.

I would also go for coffee and chocolate rather than yoghurt and berries emzap - though the latter is nice as well.

Good to see you back rfj.  Well done on the long run.  Hope the test results come through ok.  Hmm - toss a coin regarding the race or take the one with the best weather forecast?

Enjoy your gentle outing Ale. 

What: speedwork this evening 8 miles including 5 x 800m
    Why: haven't done any speedwork for a while
    Last hard: alternative route for the group run - straight into a 100m climb over 1k without a warmup isn't a good idea (and it wasn't mine).
    Last rest: 15.07.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

I'm sure most will know the lyrics: chorus rather than first line. 

I agree regarding the start to your run yesterday, Hazel!

What: about 40 mins trails d&d. Decent run in the end; quicker than usual as I pushed on a bit alternate ks. 

Why: run to feel! No plan as such! Needed to get it done as am leaving for the tram to town in a couple of minutes!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,
    Ale: Enjoy your run and the tram into town:-)

Hazel: That was tough last night with no warm up!
    Thank you yes watch arrived , charged then get to grip's with what I wanted on it.First impressions it seems a good watch.

What: 8 miles with new watch
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Sunday
    Lyrics: Yes

Longest run with races in 3 weeks and legs felt back to normal after  race the speed was in them.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all

ha ha ha lyrics yes indeed
    Poppy what watch did you get?  nice miles
    alehouse sounds like a nice run, hope the legs dont feel so bad
    hazel enjoy the speed, I have started to try some of that!

what: 5 mile hilly elvis league tonight
    why: I entered
    last hard: all day yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

Yesterday stress filled day, hope things may ease up soon!
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    rfj, good luck with results, as for the races, oo er which one??

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I did really enjoy peppa pig world and was made to go on rides I really didn't fancy in paulton park!!!
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Hope you can de-stress a bit today, wabo and good luck for Elvis ;)

Is the new Garmin behaving fine, Poppy?

Ouch, Hazel. That sounds quite brutal. Good luck with the intervals tonight.

Sounds like you had a good run, ale.

LMH: hope MiL is ok - not really what you want/need on hols

Bit of a rubbish run for me today :(

Plan was a 6 mile LT run. As it's still quite windy I thought I'd do it on the TM but in hindsight this wasn't such a good idea. It was rather warm in the gym and I was completely drenched after a 3 mile progressive warm-up. First mile at pace felt fine but then someone stole my legs and it was a real struggle. Lost the will to live a bit after 5 miles and stopped to grab some water and walk a bit. Eventually psyched myself up enough to attempt mile 6 and ground it out in 7:04. So job done but still feeling a bit like a fail.
    Onwards and upwards. Running fast first thing is quite hard.

I have the dreaded 7 mile LT run in 3 weeks time but just found out there's a 12k midweek evening race only 5 days later so will do it then. Should feel much more doable in a race environment :)

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh what bad luck for mil to be ill on holiday! Hope it gets resolved quickly
    emzap hugs to you, how far are you now?

Giselle off to hospital today - op tomorrow all to do with relaxing muscles so she will be getting hamstrings and quads snipped a tiny bit - poor little dot  :'(
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed for Giselle, wabo.

Forgot to say that I know today's lyrics :)
  • Options
    Afternoon. Late check in for me.

Hope you have a good one this evening and that stress abates soon Wabo. Poor Giselle, hopefully the op will help and be worth it.

No way could I do that without breaking Hazel - I need a good warm up.

It’s done chicksta- box ticked and move on.

Glad the new watch is working out Poppy.

Sounds as though you are managing the niggles well Alehouse.

MiL is feeling a bit brighter but was still up lots in the night (so another disturbed one for me). 

Late the check in as I went out for my run pre-breakfast as usual on holiday but came back after just six miles to find Mark up but not wanting to run as his legs ache, he did however want to go for a walk so it was quick breakfast, shower and out as we were forecast heavy rain from 1100hrs. Fortunately this didn’t arrive as four hours and eleven miles later we arrived home, just as the showers started.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all,

LMH good you missed the bad weather

Thanks all for comments, will decide at the weekend what race I do....

5m progressive run for me tonight

Take care
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    wabo - all things crossed for Giselle , poor mite.
    chick - well done with the ltp, always a toughie even more so on the dread mill!
    thanks for graduation comments, all went very well and naturally there were proud dad moments..
    running took a back seat, last night was dinner with her boyfriends family (his graduation was today).
    What - 6.5 miles around Leeds Hyde Park inc 3x threshold miles (hard going tbh)
    why - some kind of training
    last rest - yesterday 
    last hard - today
    rounded the day off with a stunning dinner (Greek/Turkish) in Headingley.