Turn the fan on high

What: something medium-longish hopefully
Why: 26.2 miles is a damn long way
Last hard: yesterday
Last rest: Monday

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

I wish the mercury were rising here chicksta! However the rain seems to have gone through so I will be grateful for that. Hope you enjoyed your miles this morning.

I’m glad the day was enjoyed Dustin - and you were still able to fit some good training in.

Tired this morning but as it’s been a long time since I had a good nights sleep that’s not surprising. Just a short run for me again in case Mark wants to run after breakfast and because I’m not sure I’d manage much more!
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's lyrics were "Fly Me To The Moon", Frank Sinatra amongst others. 50 years ago Apollo 11 were doing exactly that.

What: fitness suite plus run this evening

Why: needs must. No time during the day as work beckons...for the last day this academic year, and as yet I have no work for September. 

Back later!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: walking
    Why: it's what I do
    Last hard: thinking every day the kitchen will be finished (apparently today is THE day!)
    Lyrics: nope

Wabo will be thinking of Giselle today. Let us know how it goes.
    Chick that's a good session yesterday.
    Sounds like you're getting a bit more activity in than expected lmh. How's mil feeling now?
    Dustin sounds like a good celebration.

If kitchen is ready today my cross training will include moving contents of garage, kitchen and utility back into place and getting the house back to normal. 8 weeks is a long time...

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    yep mercury not rising here either 
    emzap, oh 8 weeks is long, but it will be lovely when you have your house back!
    alehouse enjoy the fitness!
    LMH, good idea to get the run done by the sounds of it! If you get another one (if you can manage) bonus!
    chicksta enjoy the ml ish

what: 1.6 miles recovery run
    why: last nights race was blooming hard and my legs felt the spitfire in them!!
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

must post a pic of my medal
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    it spins  <3
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Nice medal wabo!
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Ooh nice medal Wabo I like it a lot :)
    Good luck to Giselle today will be thinking of her.

Not sure and I have forgotten but someone asked which new watch I have a 735XT.special deal on Amazon Prime day :)

What:8 miles
    Why: All the time I had
    Last Hard Sunday/nurse asking me to get on scales last time was 15 years ago!
    Lyrics:Nope

Back to hilly route it usually takes 3 days for Achilles to settle back and want to run the hills again.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Hope Giselle's op goes ok today Wabo.  Great medal!

Seems a good plan to do the dreaded 7 mile LT within a race Chicksta.  Should be easier than the 6 on the TM I imagine. 

Glad you enjoyed the graduation ceremonies Dustin and could also slot in a run.

Good the weather is behaving LMH.

Must be a nice prospect finishing the academic year Ale, but maybe not so if you want to continue in September.

Fingers crossed for the kitchen emzap.

Did the scales give a pleasing figure WP?  Not used mine for a while but it hasn't been 15 years.  Battery is probably flat anyway!  Your new watch looks pretty useful.

What: 5 miles recovery later
    Why: easy miles between speedwork and hills
    Last hard: 5 x 800m (GPS) yesterday evening - no better than 10k pace achieved but it is a start I suppose
    Last rest: 15.07.

Lyrics: no but appropriate for here for sure.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    15 years without scales, poppy. Wowzer. That's hard to beat ;)

Wabo: What a fantastic medal.  No wonder you love it :)  Hope Giselle is OK

Em: Bet you're glad to have your house/kitchen back to normal soon. Take it easy on the carrying and bending though.

LMH and others: Hazel and I are quite happy to send some heat your way. Having said that it's not that bad just yet but next week Looks like 30+ degrees again.

Hazel: It's the effort that counts - at least that's what I keep telling myself when the pace is not where I want it to be. Definitely good to get some leg turnover.

Managed 15 miles in the end but it was hard work. I bet there's something in this P&D idea to make you run long after a session - hopefully it'll pay off in September.

• Options
    Hope all has gone well for Giselle Wabo.

Have they finished your kitchen emzap?

Please send heat Hazel!

Well done for getting the miles done chicksta.

Good that your Achilles has recovered Poppy.

Hope you enjoy the holidays Alehouse. I’ll be very surprised if you’re not employed in September.

Mark did want to run so I did another six miles with him this morning and we’ve been for a walk round Bull’s Bay this afternoon and saw dolphins!

MiL says she feels ok in herself which is good but she was up several times in the night again.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    3 swims in succession, 1st in heavy rain, 2nd in glorious sun with rain returning for 3rd (followed by chips and cake)
    why: a friend suggested it
    last hard: yesterday’s hills
    last rest: Sunday
    lyrics no
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    hoping it all went well for Giselle...
    nice miles Chick
    what - 5 steady around Headingley / Kirkstall
    why - leg stretcher after a day out
    last rest - Tuesday
    last hard - yesterday 
    Day our at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park today (nr Bradford) - around 500 acres of park and arty stuff, well worth a visit if you are ever in the area. Spent about 6 hours there and still missed some bits out. Really is worth a visit.