Options

Sunday 28th July 2019-I had a friend was a big baseball player

Morning,

Lyrics:I had a friend was a big baseball player

I seemed to have missed yesterday.

OH: Great photo on course and well done on 10k

Em: Sorry to hear about glass,It will be a few weeks till I meet Grandson but hopefully soon.

RFJ: Happy belated Birthday.

Wabo: Great race well done:-)

What: 10k race
Why: That is the question.
Last hard: I believe today

I will also be back for TDF-yay i really did not want to miss it:-)

ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Cold Day In July - Dixie Chicks.

Race well Poppy.

You are looking good in that photo OH. I hope you didn't get into too much trouble  :)

Cold, wet and windy here this morning and forecast to remain that way all day - was summer last week? Still not feeling great but forgot to take my RHR this morning. Accidentally used a heavier than usual weight for my chest flys yesterday so have pec DOMS - stupid girl. I thought it felt hard because it had been nearly two weeks since I'd been...........

What:           something more than the gym and walking
    Why:            12 weeks until York I think
    Last hard:     the good weather disappearing
    Last rest:      27/7

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Morning!

Lyrics: hopefully

Hope the lyrics are appropriate for your race, WP! If you were racing here you would need a wet suit! My lawn is flooded and it is still pouring! Big triathlon nearby today: think they will bike and run in their wetsuits!

What: long fitness suite/short run

Why: Sunday/rain

Edit: not due to stop raining here until 8 a.m....tomorrow!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    It's awful here Alehouse - Outlaw have cancelled the bike section.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Well a good race but I've had the most strange thing in the night and still now. I can't take deep breaths in,my chest feels tight, my neck aches. It's worse laying down. Been laying wondering should I go hospital, is it some virus caused by getting chest soaked and being like it for about 2 and half hours? 
    Wise ones what do you reckon.
    Poppy hope the race went well
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Lovely pic from yesterday OH. You look like you are working hard. Shame you had to miss the swim but the post race food seems to compensate a bit.

Nice track session Dustin.

Hope WP has/had a good race.

Ouch to the DOMS LMH.

Build an ark Ale ?

Sounds odd Wabo, hope it eases soon.

What: big heap of ironing d&d, will venture out into the rain soon for another longish run (19k)
    Why: finish off week 1 of HM plan
    Last hard: deciding how to do the run, progressive yesterday, so probably hilly
    Last rest 25.07

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Another beautiful day in Orkney.
    Swim later, possibly short run beforehand.
    Why: it'll be winter before long
    Last hard: a week ago
    Last rest: define rest
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Wabo - you won't have a virus from being wet. If you're worried I'd try out of hours GP or walk in centre.

I managed a MLR/paddle - seems that summer is over.

Hope the rain dries up for you Hazel.

Enjoy the good weather OH.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Oops, I wrote a post this morning but it seems it never posted ... 🤔

Good luck, poppy. I'm a bit obsessed with the Tour as well. I wanted Alaphilippe to win though (sorry Ineos) 😪 he really left it all out there and came home empty-handed.

Hot, humid and windy here. IM Hamburg is in full swing - lots if pointy helmets and disc wheels whizzing past our house. Last year they had to cancel the swim due to poisonous algae ... so annoying if you pay 400 quid to enter and end up doing 'just' a random duathlon.

Well toughed out, wabo. Hope the breathing thing clears.

Nice pic and race OH.

Hummingbird cake sounds lovely LMH. Glad you got a run in. I'd happily take your rain.

Nice progression run yesterday,  Hazel and hope today's long run goes well.

What: another 22 miles done
    Why: i was asking that question myself
    Last hard: the heat and humidity did me in today. I was soooo slow and still completely soaked in sweat. My shins had a crusty salt covering by the end.
    Last rest: 15/7
    Lyrics: yes - definitely none of those for me today 🙄
  • Options
    You wouldn't have wanted this chicksta - it was biblical at times and I was ankle deep - or more - in water in places. Well done on getting another long run done, you are good at these over 20 milers. Have you been supporting with your cow bells?
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Afternoon!

Wabo: the first thing Ron Hill would do is put his kit on and run a mile to retain his streak! Hope you are feeling better very shortly!

Chick: as Cal said, the marathon won't run itself. Great training!

Exceedingly wet here: still raining although I found a brief window when it didn't. Roads closed. River likely to break its banks in the next day or two when the water arrives from the hills.

OH may recognise the local Tesco car park! And a road in Levenshulme!

What: 5k after fitness suite

Why: what I could manage before the rain came down again.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Chick: I loved Alaphillippe attitude he really gave his all with a wicked twinkle in his eye.But i always wanted big G to win but Egan has been a revelation so young and so wise"I just like to ride my bike" fantastic future ahead for him and youngest winner in 110 years and first Columbian:-)

Right on to race Hilly and hot (were is all this cold , wind and rain you guys have!!) double the elevation of last race 155m and slightly faster so I see that as a win in my book.
    10th old codger
    84th woman
    276 out of 650

I even sprinted to finish line to beat 2 girls ahead of me:-)

Took a mile to run at pace as too congested lots of slow runners in front of me and I passed runners the whole way apart from the back and forth with the hill runners and then I would over take on the down hills.

Bad news Alun got parking ticket he parked in disabled bay but they changed the use after 11am we were there at 9.30am so whilst he had a coffee they got him:-(

But all in all a good race I would do gain but stay for weekend outside Tenby so no issue parking!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I would definitely appeal that ticket WP!
    And well done race-wise! Onwards and upwards!
  • Options
    I really hope Wabo hasn't been that silly Alehouse. You did well to get a dry run in, no chance of that here today.

Well done on the race Poppy. A shame about Alun's ticket - I haven't heard of disabled parking only applying during certain times.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Well done, poppy. Boo re. parking fine :(
    Being German I'm off course pretty pleased with Buchmann taking 4th. He was really flying under the radar. And yes, Bernal is absolutely fantastic. So young, so talented, so humble.

Ok, you guys are right, that's definitely too much rain :D

LMH: I was supposed to do 18 with 12@MP but didn't fancy that in the heat so I figured I'd just go long and slow again :) I may run a half marathon next week and do the MP then.

There's absolutely no shade by the road, so no cowbells today :) I hope they know what they're doing in this heat ...
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oops lmh
    Alehouse spot on. Slow mile done. No worse the wear. 
    Nice racing poppy. 
    Blimey that's a lot of rain!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hope you are feeling better, Wabo!

Still raining...and getting cold! Neighbours just back from a wet weekend camping with their kids: was 33 when they left; now 13!