Options

Wednesday 21st August 2019 - Pretty soon you'll be able to remember her

Morning.

Lyrics - Pretty soon you'll be able to remember her

You sound really stressed emzap, if they didn't have guidelines how would they identify an issue before it became a big problem? They have you and baby's best interests at heart. Chill eh? Not long now.

Not pleasant RFJ but needs must.

I think it's your race this evening Hazel? Hope you have a good one if I've remembered correctly.

It's a chilly but  still morning here and forecast to stay dry. I'm hoping my legs will have appreciated yesterday's shorter run and today's will feel a bit easier but if not I am fortunate enough to have the time to just bimble round and get the miles done so that will be my plan.

What:             MLR/gym
Why:              marathon miles/may not persuade Mark to go on Saturday
Last hard:      it's not easy keeping these big mileage weeks going
Last rest:       27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Not stressed lmh just annoyed that I'm so bound to the hospital. Especially so as I can't drive so reliant on oh to take time off to drive me (of course he is willing to, but I'm not good at not being independent!)

Yoga last night was good.

Rfj you're under a lot of stress at the moment so not too surprising running is feeling tricky.

How are your shoulders now after gardening lmh?

How are you feeling this morning ale?

Good luck this evening hazel (hope I got that right today!).

What: hopefully another canalside walk.
    Why: weather's meant to be ok and we have the time
    Last hard: see above
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    I'm glad you're not stressed emzap. Hospital visits are a pain as is not being able to be as independent as you'd like but at least you know this is time limited and that you have something wonderful to look forward to at the end of it. Hope the weather is good for your walk. I can feel my shoulder still but it has settled down a lot thanks.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh you mean being allowed to eat cake :joy:
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's lyrics were "Mr Sandman", The Chordettes, amongst others.

Go well, Hazel!

Back and shoulders feel quite tender today, Emz, presumably from the difficult position in the scanner. It will wear off! Hope you have a pleasant walk and can indeed chill!

What: a run of some sort

Why: will see how I am once I get going

May well be damp here again today. Very grey at present.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    RFJ - all necessary evils but at least you're getting some running in!
    Ale - sounds uncomfortable, and fortunately not too long to wait for the results
    Emz- walk sounds good, hopefully it stays bright and sunny...

What - steady lunchtime, coaching tonight
    Why - recovery, scheduled
    last rest - Monday
    last hard - yesterday
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING ALL
    emzap same as my dil's scan baby showing as 25 weeks not 28, the woman made them both feel worried tbh
    - glad the diabetes is under control. Enjoy your walk
    |Dustin enjoy the steady lunchtime
    RFJ, sorry you are having such a rough time :-(
    hazel good luck today
    alehouse, glad you got through the day, enjoy your run today
    LMH enjoy your mlr, hope your shoulder eases off!

what: ? 5k race run there and back, hopefully cleo and jodie depending
    why: 2nd in series
    last hard: yesterday pm
    last rest: 31/12/16

Cleo and Jodie are in bits through not sleeping so half day for me to take the lively one off for a few hours, hence why the race is a ?
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Where did the morning go again? (pokes head out of too many excel files..)

Must have been lovely to see the baby's face like that emzap.  Hope you don't have to go back to the hospital before the next scan. 

Better to do the tests and get some answers RFJ.

Nice intervals yesterday Chicksta.  Not an easy session.

Nice of you to look after your family and maybe drop the race Wabo.

Good runs to all going out today.

What: 10 and a bit k race this evening (thanks for the good lucks!)
    Why: enjoyed last year's so signed up again
    Last hard: the wind will be
    Last rest: 18.08.

Lyrics: no - but I did work out yesterday's during yesterday - does that still count?
  • Options
    I think that counts Hazel. Hope the wind drops for your race.

I hope that you can make your race Wabo and that Cleo and Jodie are improving.

Cake would be what I was looking forward to emzap but I've never had the joy of dirty nappies and sleepless nights other than on a part time, I can give them back when I've had enough, or paid to do it basis  :)

hope the weather picked up for you Alehouse, it's glorious here, so much so that my MLR ended up being a LSR. I enjoy making miles whilst the sun shines.

Enjoy the lunchtime run Dustin.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Em: that's so exciting about your baby's face and hair :) Hope everything calms down for you. Not nice to have to go through all that to-ing and fro-ing with the hospital. But like LMH said, they have your and your baby's best interests at heart.
    Hope you had a nice walk.

Enjoy the coaching tonight, Dustin.

Did you have a good run, LMH?

Race well tonight wabo and Hazel

Well done for getting out and doing something, RFJ. This running business can be weird.

Ale: I gladly take your grey weather. We're forecast 30+ again as of the weekend.

What: MLR
    Why: training plan said so although my legs protested loudly after yesterday's speedwork and I had a rather wooden run
    Last hard: convincing those legs to turn
    Last rest: 11/8
    Lyrics: no

• Options
    Better than I had any right to expect chicksta. We are actually forecast to warm up a bit for the weekend  though not to your dizzy heights and with it being a Bank Holiday on Monday I'm not convinced it will materialise.