edited August 2019 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Let's keep it wheelin', say how you feelin'
Like you got the whole world behind you

Hope you had a good 'un, Hazel! 

Did you get to the race, Wabo?

What: short run/fitness suite

Why: Thursday

Asthma clinic this morning! Seem to be having one appointment after another!

Weather forecast for today was originally quite good and the sun was going to shine. Now it appears to be grey with showers; hopefully the shining will take place over the bank holiday weekend!

It stayed dry for my run yesterday and even managed to mow the lawns (or should I say, "plough" the lawns) but then the afternoon was shower after shower again. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - She Goes On - Crowded House.

It's very grey here at the minute Alehouse and the Met are threatening rain. I'm really hoping that it brightens and warms up. I need to book an asthma review too, will try to remember whilst I'm at the doctors having my jab this afternoon.

Tired this morning and I can feel my shoulder a bit more again after yesterday's paltry efforts in the gym. It's been a good week mileage wise so far so I think an easier day is probably a good idea/called for.

What:            probably a short and easy
    Why:             it's the sensible thing to do
    Last hard:     dragging myself out of bed despite waking at 0400hrs
    Last rest:      27/7

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning!

Chicksta we are due a warm weekend at well but not quite as warm as that.  I often think that Hamburg must have similar weather to the UK but it seems it is more like here despite the north-south difference.   MLR on top of speedwork is hard work but i've found that combi very helpful.

Hoping for a good bank holiday weekend for the UK!

You will be getting through some books at this rate Ale if you take one to each appointment.  Hope it doesn't take too long.

Short and easy seems a good idea if you are pleased with the week so far LMH.  No children here either.

Race went well yesterday evening - another 3rd in my age category (out of 46) and 10th lady overall (of 140 so not a huge race).  45:19 for the 10.5k - 38 seconds faster than last year on a slightly different route but apparently the same distance.   Will try to write more later but work needs doing first.

Have a good day all!

What: short recovery
    Why: freshen up the legs after yesterday's race
    Last hard: sleeping - a bit of an issue after evening events
    Last rest: 18.08.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - sensible call
    Bright and sunny here - supposed to be that way all weekend!
    What - U11 coaching so easy run
    Why - legs need a recovery
    Didn't get out lunchtime yesterday (work stopped play), so did 5 miles steady before coaching. That may not have been the best idea: I was trying a new set that required groups of 4. 19 runners attended so either 3 lots of 5 and a 4 or I join in....3x300 and 2 sets of 9x100 later....
    last rest - Monday
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - nope

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done Hazel: even if the route was different it is good to post something quicker than the previous year! Doubt it was the easiest of courses!

And yes, I think you need an easier day, LMH! A lot of miles lately and we don't want you to break!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    yes I did the race and the longer warm up /cool down thing again.  I raced well, felt strong but I do not know my time as I started my garmin about half mile in when I heard the watch beeping and shutting down!!! I must have stopped it as I started the race(after the warm up?). Cleo and jodie had another awful night but at least little one spent all afternoon with me and it was lovely! I will update my time when I know, hoping a bit quicker than last week, it felt good! I do know my overall pace for what I did clock was faster.

Dustin enjoy your coaching, sounds like yesterday was tough!
    Hazel great racing!! Well done
    LMH sounds like an easy one will do you good
    alehouse hope the appointment goes well, enjoy the short and fitness

what: possibly only a short run
    why: OH dad in hospital now so he will need me later for sure
    last hard: laying awake half the night worrying
    last rest: 31/12/16

Doesn't rain but it pours, i am all good though.

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that you have more poorly people to deal with Wabo - well done on not only getting to the race but doing the miles round it too, much easier to decide not to bother with all you have going on.

Good result Hazel.

Sounds like a tough evening Dustin.

Alehouse - although it took five miles before my legs joined the party this morning nothing hurt and I was enjoying being out and getting faster as I went so it was tempting to add a couple of bonus miles - but I didn't.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    got my race time now, 28.41, last week 29.33 so happy!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Well done Wabo!
  • Options
    Afternoon,

Wabo: well done on race time:-)

I was not well yesterday it seems 2 days fine one day not at the moment so going with the flow.

What 4 miles from home/3.25 miles@Aberafan
    Why because I could
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Lyrics:Nope which is unusual with Ale setting them.

First double in a year mind you only 2.5 hours between them and had not eaten enough bigger bowl of porridge next time.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Well done Hazel! 45 mins is a great time for a 10k, even better if it's 10.5 :+1:

Almost a minute off, wabo. Fantastic. Sorry to hear about further family ailments.

Oops, Dustin - better planning next time ;)

Nice double, Poppy. I usually can't be bothered to go out twice per day. I have a few double days in the schedule but either did the miles in one go or just a short recovery run, depending on how the legs felt.

Sensible, LMH.

Everything ok asthma-wise, ale?

What: Third longish run in a row for me (ran into work) 
    Why: seem to have beaten my legs into submission eventually as I started super slow but ended up with a decent average and feeling like I could have done more. That's my LSR out of the way early this week then but as it's going to be hot and horrible this weekend it was probably not a bad decision. Gorgeous morning - still and cool, slight morning fog made for some beautiful scenery as I watched the sun come up.
    Last hard: Tuesday's intervals
    Last rest: 11/8
    Lyrics: no

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Well raced, Wabo! And the before and after miles!

Sensible, LMH!

You have banked some decent training there, Chick!

Asthma clinic was pretty routine...just like the weather: it has rained for a fair amount of the day. Again!

re the lyrics, there was a clue, and unusually for me the song in question is not at all old! 
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

Rest day yesterday as went to watch the football... worth it :-)

Intervals tonight and found it hard but good

Take care all
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: about 6km walked
    Why: went into Birmingham for book club so walked to and from station at each end plus a bit more
    Last hard: that journey was harder than last month!
    Lyrics: no, unusual for when ale sets them

Finally builder came and finished last bits of kitchen and inspector cane and signed off!!!

Well done wabo and hazel. Great racing

Sensible lmh
    That sounds tough Dustin
    Poppy sorry to hear you were unwell again

Have a lovely evening all. Day off tomorrow so 4 day weekend :)