Options

Wednesday, 28th August 2019 - I'm gonna raise a fuss

Morning :)

Today's lyrics: I'm gonna raise a fuss
I'm gonna raise a holler

Hot, hot, hot. Planning 8 or 9 easy miles. That'll have to do.

Dustin: Gawd 😱 That's one killer sesh. Hope you survived.

Glad everything is being checked thoroughly, em. Yours will be a proper thread baby 🙂

Sounds positive, ale.

Good to see you, OH.

RFJ: Running with no expectations can be quite liberating. At the end of the day times are just arbitrary.

My hydration is generally pretty good, LMH. Post-run nutrition could be better. But I don't think I'm underfuelled at the moment.

Think it was my blood pressure coupled with fatigue from high mileage. Feeling a bit better this morning 🤞

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Too Much Ain't Enough - Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers.

Good to hear that you're feeling better this morning chicksta.

Running ten miles slowly is much better than not being able to run RFJ. Enjoying it is the important thing.

Hope the weather is good for your weekend exploits OH.

A return to winter here this morning, heavy rain forecast from 1200hrs, chilly and the wind is picking up over the next few days  :( My arms are really achy this morning, all I can think is that it's some kind of DOMS from my fall? I'm tired too, the miles may be catching up with me. I think that unless I rally once out today will have to be a shorter day and as it's going to be miserable this afternoon I shall try to get myself to the gym.

What:           hopefully a short MLR/maybe gym
    Why:            trying for a high mileage week/needs doing
    Last hard:    seeing Malteser reindeer in the shop yesterday!
    Last rest:     27/7

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Morning!

Looks rather dark outside and there may well be several downpours.

What: short run

Why: being careful with hamstring

Lyrics: of course! Appropriate, Chick!

Edit: now pouring...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale, Emz - all sounding positive and as LMH said, glad you're feeling better today.
    LmH - take it easy. Maybe it's just me, but I find the warmer weather leaves me fatigued even without the running...Glad to see it a bit cooler today.
    RFJ - you may surprise yourself, but good luck on Sunday

What - steady lunchtime, coaching village people tonight
    Why - recovery, routine
    last rest - 9 days
    last hard - yesterday. 28 degrees when I got to training, couple of easy miles then into the session. As described: 5minutes, 5x1min, 5min, 5x1min, 5min 
    It's one of the hardest sets we do at the best of times, with the heat and humidity it was a matter of plugging away. Speeds a bit less than regular (no surprise) but did get a little further on each of the 5 minute sets which was pleasing. 8 miles at average 7:20 which includes the w/u & c/d
    Legs gone awol today. 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wow Dustin you're doing some great speed work at the moment.

What: walking and hopefully out for curry
    Why: I need to walk and it's our 10 year anniversary today
    Last hard: getting home from my walk just now without getting covered in blood. For no apparent reason it started pouring out my lip when I was almost home. Guess I must have bitten it or something. Had to catch it in my hands!
    Lyrics: vaguely familiar but no.

Hope you all stay dry.

Chick, I think he's a runner already :)

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    emzap bound to be a runner and good that he wriggled at the right time! That sounds odd about your lip!! have a great day
    dustin I do not blame your legs!! 
    CHick go for it, enjoy
    alehouse, sounds very positive and good answers, enjoy today.  BTW I will be second in my category this year at assembly league
    LMH definitely reckon all those aches are from your fall, I was exactly the same the other weekend. Take it easy today
    what: good long warm up (3.5 m) then the last 5k on the rides
    why: I've done the other two!
    Last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

I do not expect tonights to be as good as last week, in fact I expect it to be the slowest.....

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    That was a great session Dustin.

Strange emzap - can you see a cut?

I hope you surprise yourself Wabo.

No rain here as yet Alehouse but we are forecast it.

Tired and achy walking Grace and feeling a bit nauseous. Very nearly talked myself out of a run 'maybe you've over done it, perhaps you've pushed too far, a rest day might be a good idea, does it really matter if you don't hit the miles this week' etc etc but I gave myself a bit of a talking to and got out of the door. It was a slow run but a nice morning if rather humid which always makes it feel like hard work. Long story short things felt better after a few miles and I managed a MLR which whilst slow had a good negative split. Now to not talk myself out of the gym............
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Not run yet, LMH: not stopped pouring since I posted earlier. Forecast now says it will stop at 3 a.m. so will probably get a soaking this afternoon. Enjoy the gym!

Go well tonight, Wabo! Decent warm up!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Enjoy and gym aren't two words that go together in my world Alehouse.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Enjoy and gym aren't two words that go together in my world Alehouse.
    :D  Well done for talking yourself into the run.

I had a bit of a similar conversation with myself this morning. Whilst I felt better in general I was still struggling to run - everything felt so laboured. But I persevered, thinking of the time when I was unable to run and would have given anything to be out there, no matter what horrible pace. Strangely the legs woke up after 5 miles and I ran the second half a couple of mins quicker than the first :)

Go well tonight, wabo.

How bizarre, em.

Amazing workout, Dustin. I thought for a moment you were coaching the Village People :D

Did you get wet, ale? Fancy some extra centigrades maybe? Currently 32 here, happy to post at least half of that :)

What: 10 miles
    Why: legs finally woke up
    Last hard: getting going
    Last rest: 11/8
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Managed to stay dry, Chick, but was well wrapped up in case...and it was only 14.5 degrees, so yes please, quite a few degrees would come in handy! Glad your legs woke up! Rain again now, of course!
  • Options
    Afternoon

What 4 miles/3.69 miles
    Why: Double the fun day
    Last hard Dragging myself out of bed
    Lyrics nope

We had rain so got a double soaking but all good fun and a nice faster pace for second run 2.5 hours after finishing the first run.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    I'll have some heat please chicksta!
  • Options
    Morning surgery, followed by swim. 200m reps at track this evening.
    Chest injury improvement maintained.
    Lyrics - no

Enjoy/gym ???
    Each to his or her own! :D
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    wet wet wet out there tonight.

Short sharp tempo run (2.25m) 3 sec slower than last week, weather was foul...

Thanks for the comments, most welcome

Take care