Options

Wednesday 25 September 2019 - I remember when I was five and you were ten, boy

I remember when
I was five and you were ten, boy

Yesterday was I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free Nina Simone

Meant to be more rain forecast, hope it doesn't contribute to the floods, need to get into town.

Ale any effects from the anti g treadmill?

Comments

• Options
    Morning Em: I know all your lyrics;-)

What: Walking
    Why Hamstring and back
    Last hard: See above
    Lyrics: Yes

Back is playing up as well so going to be very sensible foam roller, stretching and hope it all settles down with in a few days.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning.

I think apart from a bit of drizzle now we are forecast a dry day today emzap - I hope so as it was very wet for most of yesterday. Hope you have a dry trip in to town.

Sorry to hear that Poppy but good to be sensible.

Good news RFJ.

Sounds like just the thing Wabo and chicksta. I agree - the days feel very short already.

What:              MLR or LSR - will see how I feel once I get going
    Why:               head/York
    Last hard:       waiting for everything to get better
    Last rest:        27/7

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

Not sure about hammy until I get run a little later, Emz!

Not sure about Spurs, Wabo!

What: not sure

Why: hamstring dependent, but am helping at Uni Freshers' race this pm so hope to do a little running around if the hamstrings let me.

Supposed to stay dry here so I have put the washing machine on.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Still drizzling here Alehouse  :( Hope your hamstring allows some running.

Edit. Drizzle has become full on rain. Far too warm for a waterproof.
  • Options

Morning all :)

I had a great run in the rain this morning - first time in my new OMM jacket and loved it. A tad too warm but not quite the boiled sausage feeling that I expected. Run was super slow but since I ran late yesterday and straight out of bed today I was totally fine with it. Maybe the most enjoyable run of this whole campaign despite a pace of nearly 10mm ;). Post run coffee tastes even better than pre run coffee :)

I do hope those hamstrings let you run, ale.

Be careful, Poppy

Did you manage to get out or are you still pondering, LMH?

Fingers crossed you get into town OK, em.

What: 6 and a bit very slow and wet miles
    Why: head
    Last hard: sleeping - was basically awake from 2am
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: no

• Options
    Morning

Don't get stuck in those floods emzap. (and anyone else affected)

Sensible WP, hope that you have caught those niggles in time.

Will take your run with me as an inspiration for my next Chicksta. 

Freshers race sounds interesting Ale.  Hope they are not all hungover. Fingers crossed for the washing.

Seems LMH has made it out of the door despite the wet. 

Good to see you running again RFJ.

What: Probably a short trot at lunchtime
    Why: Get some fresh air but will only go out if I feel I have the time to not because I feel I must
    Last rest: 23.09.

Lyrics: very familiar but as usual no inspiration as to title and who
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Alehouse I am seriously fed up about Spurs, seriously.  Put me in a right funny old mood!! That and messing about trying to pass my Snowdonia place on, if it isn't gone by monday I am just going to do it!! Lol
    Chicksta, nice cosy jacket running!! Ooh I was awake at 2 as well! Aching legs
    Alehouse, hope you manage something and the hamstring is good
    I think I know the lyrics...
    LMH hope you get a good run

what: I plan a couple on my own then run with my son
    why: it is planned
    last hard last night
    last r est: 31/12/16

Not a happy wabo today, funny old mood! Spurs fault, and Snowdonia shenanigens
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Hiya
    RFJ - sounds positive
    WP - take care with the hammy
    chick - sounds a good run

what - steady lunchtime, village coaching tonight
    why - legs jaded, routine
    last rest - 06/09
    last hard - Sunday
    Legs a little tired so didn't push too hard last night, was coaching anyway so shirked the 1 minute efforts, just did the 5 minute runs. Rain largely stayed away but was pretty much dark by the end (7:30). Will be back to the lit fields and paths next week I guess.

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    yes to lyrics and a favourite...

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your run and that you are happy with the jacket chicksta - I'm yet to wear mine to run in, it's been too warm when it's been wet.

Sounds like a good attitude Hazel.

It's horrible how dark it's getting early Dustin. Hope your legs freshen up.

I wasn't expecting you to have trouble shifting your place Wabo - I thought they'd be in demand. Hope you can get it sorted. Enjoy the run with your son.

I gave up waiting for the rain to clear and set off in a light jacket as it was raining quite heavily but quite warm (even for me). About two miles in to my run the rain stopped but fortunately my inov8 jacket packs small enough to go in a pocket of my shorts so that's what I did which meant the only extra piece of clothing was my cap. It was bright and getting quite warm by the time I'd finished my run but it's going grey again now.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Afternoon!

Decent run, LMH? Has stayed dry here all day, although that may change shortly. Grey though and the washing that has been out for 6 hours is struggling to dry!

What: was going to be a short run, but wasn't

Why: tried to run but too much discomfort around the hamstring told me I am not ready to go yet. Will be a-g treadmill and the fitness suite for a while longer. 

A year ago today OH and I were heading for Ron Hill's 80th birthday race! Happy 81st Dr. Hill!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Not really Alehouse. I did the miles but the pace was slow as has been usual all year  :) Sorry the hamstring still isn't playing. At least you have the anti-g, not the same but better than not being able to run at all.