Options

Tuesday 10th December 2019 - Don't cry

Morning.

Lyrics - Don't cry
             Please don't cry

It sounds as though you have Lucas in a good sleep routine emzap, hope he doesn't come down with something though I guess if he's going to it's better that he waited until you were over yours. Nice training.

I had my best night's sleep in ages but struggled to drag myself out of bed this morning? We are forecast heavy rain until around lunchtime when the wind will be gusting in the mid 40's so there doesn't seem to be a very good running opportunity at any point. I guess my OMM jacket may get it's first outing. I have an appointment near the gym this afternoon so will try to get that done for the week too. I suppose i should be thinking about putting the marzipan on the xmas cake soon too!

What:          easy miles/gym
Why:            I've had a rest day this week
Last hard:    getting over the lurgy
Last rest:     8/12
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "Yellow", Coldplay. Apparently Coldplay's only decent release according to a programme I heard on Sunday evening. And yes, the yellow thing in the sky made a one day appearance yesterday; forecast is grim today.

What: short run, long stretch and strengthening

Why: Tuesday

Marzipan was purchased yesterday, LMH!  I shall be wearing my OMM Rotor Smock... again. And waterproof trousers I suspect.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Morning all
    Alehouse I totally haven't done a cake this year :-(
    Lmh glad you had a good sleep, hope you do manage a run with not such awful weather
    Still in bed, throat not nice so i won't do much today, did the double yesterday
    What little run
    Why not 100%
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Emzap hope Lucas is ok
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning

+1 to not having done a cake this year.  (3 sorts of biscuits are done in the meantime though, 1 to go)

Hope the OMM jackets hold out the wind and the water Ale and LMH. 

Well done on putting in a bit of speedwork in your run LMH.

Chicksta I think when I get started into the P&D plan in January (currently on base training) then I will have to slow down the longer and GA runs to be able to do the faster stuff properly.   I think I would probably fail on the 4 miles @ LT at the moment.  

Get well soon Wabo.  Good idea to take it easy if you aren't well.   I am slacking on the square hunt so far this week. 

Nice training emz.  How is Lucas today?

What: group run + x this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: getting out of the door yesterday - didn't manage it so a full rest day
    Last rest: 9.12.

Lyrics: probably should do.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - nice speed set and good to hear a decent night's rest
    Hazel/Chick - the early weeks of P&D are always a battle of wills and sagging times. We tend to split the 4 mile LTP and do 18 & 16 minute efforts (4 mine steady between)
    The 5 & 7 are still ones we look forward (!) to....
    Emz - but C only in the context of pudding, that's allowed right? It's cake (sort of...)
    Wabo - wrap up warm
    Ale - not a big Coldplay fan, but Talk (or "computer love") is their best in my view

What - clubnight, debating 1ks & 300s on grass or kill myself off with 400s and 200s on track
    Tempted to do the former
    Why - Training
    Last Rest - October
    Last Hard - Sunday

• Options
    Morning,

+2 with no Christmas cake this year.

What 5.30 miles
    Why: Because
    Last hard: sleeping 12+ hours/highwinds and rain
    Last rest Yesterday winds too bad to run.
    Lyrics Nope

it was pitch black , windy , wet run with trees down and branches to hurdle adding to the fun this morning!
    Not tested my OMM jacket as yet as too warm for it........the way I am it may get one or two outings this winter:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Definitely not too warm for the OMM jacket here this morning Poppy and I have to say I was very impressed by it.

You sound as though you're over the tiredness Dustin. Racing this weekend?

Hope you feel better Wabo.

Are xmas biscuits a bigger thing in Switzerland Hazel? No mince pies there I assume?

I decided it was a little too early to be putting the marzipan on just yet Alehouse though the time seems to be slipping away very quickly.

What's all this with the no cake this year people?

Chilly, wet and windy but not too bad for my run - at least sheltered in the OMM jacket with a long sleeved merino top underneath and merino hat and gloves it wasn't.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH I just didn't get round to it, might do pudding, speedy one!
  • Options
    It's not too late Wabo: http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/12691/last-minute-christmas-cake.aspx

Add some run and spices to that and you'll be good to go:-)
  • Options
    Difficult to get mincepies here unfortunately LMH.  There is a big bookstore in Bern which has a good English books section and often has them and / or jars of mincemeat.  Made my own mincemeat once but wasn't happy with the results.  Biscuits are definitely more popular here.   Recipie for the last minute cake might be an idea, thanks. 

Good to hear the OMM jacket worked well - I don't generally don mine until it gets towards 2-3 degrees as otherwise I sweat too much.

Sounds like quite an adventurous run WP.  Take care.

Might well try that with the P&D LT runs Dustin.  Please don't kill yourself off - so option 1 tonight maybe?
  • Options
    We had a 'feels like' temperature around there Hazel. I find the merino base layers great for regulating temperature.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I love that recipe thanks LMH, only day I might manage is this Thursday, the weekend is totally jam packed again 
  • Options
    Get it done the pair of you - you know it makes sense:-)
  • Options
    Merino base layer great for after open water swimming too.
    Didn't get to post yesterday partly due to celebrating another year passed.
    Very windy late morning short run (3.6miles ) followed by afternoon surgery, now continuing professional development streamed from Edinburgh.
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics no

• Options
    Happy Belated Birthday OH.
  • Options
    Hope you had a good day yesterday, OH! Catching me up!

Soaked here on way to my stretch and strengthening session. Will have to try to dry out in the alehouse!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday oh

Another full night of sleep last night. Is this just the new norm? 

No cake here either but that's coz I don't like it and am allergic to nuts!  Will probably make a different one nearer the time though.

What: printing Lucas' footprints into a mug, plate and baubel for Christmas presents. They will be turned into a rocket, a butterfly in a garden and a snowman.
    Why: Christmas presents
    Last hard: driving home in the rain and rush hour
    Lyrics: no

Wabo you've had a lot on around cake baking time! Hope you feel better soon.

Lmh keep warm, don't want that lurgy to linger longer

Dustin ok if it's related to cake I suppose it's ok.

Have a lovely evening all