Options

Friday, 10 January 2020 - You're old enough some people say

Morning :)

Lyrics (taken from the middle)

You're old enough some people say
To read the signs and walk away

Hope you're not too bruised today,  LMH.

What: whatever my hamstring let's me do
Why: it's grumpy
Last hard: that red trigger point ball (I have 3 - yellow is the softest, orange is medium, red is just ouch). Even the yellow one can inflict exquisite pain. Never get past yellow on my adductors.
Last rest: 3/1

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

All the hills you are running are likely to be exacerbating it chicksta. Mine is pretty constant too but like yours usually just a background grumble. Might be worth making sure your glute is firing properly too? My spiky ball is purple - not sure where that sits on the scale.

I am pretty battered and bruised after my physio's efforts yesterday. Long (for me) and probably (but hopefully not) boring training day at work today which severely limits opportunities to do anything but sit isn't going to help the way i feel. I could manage four miles if I went out in the cold and dark this morning but I'm not seeing the joy or point in that so it will be a rest day for me. i shall head out for my usual walk instead, less chance of slipping/falling over.

What:            nothing
    Why:             see above
    Last hard:     not crying during physio
    Last rest:      4/1

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "It's Impossible", originally by Perry Como; I switched the radio on the other day to hear it being sung by one of my ex-pupils, the comedian Jason Manford who is launching a singing career, apparently.

What: short run at least

Why: work, but hopefully at least start running whilst it is still light.

Not going to tempt fate and mention my hamstrings...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - hope you stay awake today. And we've alkl had those fizzio sessions, mine is Monday....
    Chick - you are far from slow!
    What - Easy lunchtime
    Why - keeping the wheels turning + Count XC race 4 tomorrow (at Reading)
    Last Rest - Monday
    Last hard - Tuesday
    Yesterday was just 2miles easy in the end. Sideways rain when I got to the track and a bit colder than I expected. Heart just wasn't in it for anything more. Then U11 coaching...
  • Options
    Morning

orangeish spiky ball to report here.  No idea of its rating but it hurts depending on where it is applied.  I often have to search for it as one of the cats likes chasing it around and it ends up under cupboards etc.  Currently being applied to my feet under my desk. 

Not sure about the effect of hills on hamstrings - ups can irritate calves/achilles and downs quads in my experience.  My right leg hamstrings cope well with hills although part of one has been quietly residing in the middle of my knee joint for the last 12 years. 

Familiar problem getting out for a run before it gets dark Ale.

Hope the training isn't too boring LMH.  Ouch to the physio.

Still haven't made a decision regarding the 10k, can sign up on the day but I feel a bit lazy somehow - would mean getting up early on Sunday and I would rather do another MLR / long run.

What: might do some speedwork - possibly 5 x 800
    Why: haven't done any intervalls for some time
    Last rest: 06.01.

Lyrics: hmmm. Somehow familiar.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    You all know today's song, trust me :) 
    I had to pick lyrics in the middle as the song starts with the title - repeated every second line. And it's weather-related.

The massage balls I used today were not spiky. Here's a pic:

My spiky ball is also orange  :)

Hope your training goes OK, LMH and that the physio's ministrations worked wonders for tomorrow's run.

Good luck at the xc tomorrow, Dustin.

Hope you managed a run in daylight, ale

I can report a pain-free 10 miler in torrential rain and strong winds. Feeling rather smug now. 
  • Options
    Pre-dawn swim (so far)
    Why not
    Last hard: getting out of bed
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LMH - the tai chi  does exactly that.  I am approaching 62 now so definitely aging!! And as I seem to ache so much of late (cough) I realised I need to keep my tai chi going.  4 times this month so far so I am happy with that and it felt lots easier today. Ouch to the physio!!!
    Chick well done on the yoga and the 10 miles!! 
    Alehouse wow what an ex pupil, have a good easy run
    dustin I didn't think Chick slow either.  Have a good race tomorrow
    Feel I need spiky balls!!
    Hazel enjoy the speed session, I wonder what you decide on Sunday.....
    OH, wow that must set you up so good for the day!!

What: tai chi and a couple of miles only later
    why: cinema date with OH 
    last hard: last night, 3 miles felt so tough
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a great weekend all
    I plan a park run tomorrow and long off road with my mate sunday, walk tomorrow lunch time  with son and family, spurs!! Oh dear it sounds busy but actually it won't be too  bad.
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    no park run tomorrow, taking Cleo to tap and jazz.....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can