Options

Thursday 23rd January 2020 - I take a step outside

Morning.

Lyrics - I take a step outside

Has he moved training venue or were you swimming at Lewis OH? Do you have any races planned?

Sorry to hear that Lucas is ill emzap. I hope it's short lived.

What:            short and easy
Why:             trying to build miles but be sensible/manage my knees
Last hard:     motivating myself out of the door at the minute
Last rest:      10/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's lyrics were Queen with You're my best friend

What: don't know

Why: work, back
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Lewis is in Antarctica! (Virtual support only)

Dental hygienist then swim.
    Hopefully to take me up to 10k for Scottish Ice Swim Challenge (December -February). Currently on 9760m ...
    Probably short run later

Last hard: average HR of 160 at track last night (but enjoyed it)

Lyrics no

• Options
    Ooops - my bad OH. I thought he was training in Scotland in preparation for his Antarctic swim.

How is your back this morning Alehouse?
  • Options
    Morning

Is it possible that work is causing your back issues Ale?  Jealous of your car seat heating.

Hope Lucas is better today emzap and the heating working again too.

Swim goal of 10k sounds doable OH.  Shudder regarding the antarctic swim.... Well done on your track session.

Wabo: forgot to mention yesterday - I was last but one in an XC once.  Hope the Spurs game was worth watching.

Nice work on the threshold Dustin.

Sensible to ditch the speed because of the niggle Chicksta.  My late spring ultra is also a 56k.  It will be interesting to see how it pans out for us with different approaches.  Mine is more along the lines of throw in a hopefully fast marathon beforehand and hope I won't die too much over the extra mileage later.  Haven't thought about what to do between the two yet (approx 7 weeks).

Have a good short run LMH.

What: more GA miles later with some short hill sprints and strides
    Why: P&D plan
    Last hard: not getting run over yesterday on a pedestrian crossing in my village
    Last rest: 19.01.

Lyrics no
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Wise move Chick
    OH - brave brave man....but sounds like a good track session
    LmH - I know, but today & tomorrow will be easier ahead of Parliament Hill. Strangely the hamstrings/glutes/hip flexors must have heard me muttering "rest for a week" and have decided to calm things down....
    Hazel - no stopping at zebra crossings?

What - coaching the grown ups instead of kids, a few 400s to shake the legs out
    Why - on the schedule
    Last rest - 04/01
    last hard - Tuesday

• Options
    10k swim Challenge [tick]

Lewis did train in Western Isles for Antarctic swim but is now doing the real McCoy.
  • Options
    You know some seriously bonkers people doing crazy stuff, OH :) Nice track session :+1: And for a moment you fooled me and I thought you'd swum 10k today!

Glad the legs are cooperating, Dustin.

Oh my, sounds like a near miss, Hazel! There are always some idiots who don't abide by the rules. I was nearly run over by a cyclist the other day who'd jumped a red light and came from the wrong side (there are cycle lanes both ways in town). My traffic light was green, so I thought it was safe to walk! And obviously I wouldn't have expected someone approaching from the left hand side. Grrr.

I don't need any speed for my ultra as this will be run for enjoyment only. I'm expecting to take loads of pics en route and there's a meeting point for relatives at the 25k mark, so that's where I'll stop for a hug and a chat. I understand the faster sessions in my plan to be in there for leg strength.

Hope the knee management works, LMH.

Well, I couldn't sleep beyond 4am and was a bit restless so I got up and ran 20 miles. Today was a reasonably calm day and actually it's quite nice to free the weekend up a bit for other stuff. I had half a bottle of chocolate milk and a half a crunchy peanut butter Clif bar immediately post run  o:) Decided to run laps around my office so I could stop in case the hamstring got bad. Luckily it only tightened up over the final 10k and I'm now sitting on a spiky ball surprised that I don't feel too tired. I thought I'd be way more knackered. So, no danger of a face plant on my keyboard anytime soon ;)
  • Options
    I wouldn't advocate resting for a week Dustin - just an easier week and maybe one rest day. Good that your legs seem to be cooperating though.

That might have been what confused me then OH.

Hazel - in my experience you can quite comfortably run an ultra off marathon training though if you have the opportunity for a couple of back to back longer runs between the two I'd take it.

Very nice midweek miles and tasty recovery strategy chicksta - makes all the difference to the tiredness levels.
  • Options
    Afternoon,

Chick Nice mid week miles and I love clif peanut bars and have 1/2 a bar as well:-)

I am back well yesterday a 4 mile tester and all okay so taking the cautious view..... :)

What: 7 miles
    Why: Because I thought I could
    Last hard: past 5-6 days
    Lyrics:Nope

Well I may have over cooked it today but we shall see and Garmintrude died on me at 5 .5 miles but iknow my route so that was fine.My own fault with being ill I had no need to charge her so I should have charged her yesterday.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: 3 km run, followed by placental scan, followed by walk
    Why: testing ankle, placenta is gone, had to meet oh at station to pass Lucas over so I could get to book club
    Last hard: waiting for the scan. Ankle seems ok. Lucas just had his final jabs (until he's 1) so he's a bit grumpy
    Lyrics: nope

Oh you do know some incredible/bonkers people!
    Chick amazing run!
    Ale how's the back?
    Hazel that's bad, be careful!

Have a lovely evening all